Will5455

Re: STICKY: Introduce yourself!

Wed Jul 25, 2018 5:40 pm

HI all!

I'm will5455 (real name undisclosable as I am 13) plz don't judge me as I am knew-ish. I have had a pi 3 for about a year an 2 arduino's for about 4 months one is an uno other uno R3 clone from elegoo or telegoo. Have used everyone's wonderful advice maaaaaayyyyybeee will contribute a little :)

victorrobinson

Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:00 pm

Myself Victor Robinson working with Zorneo company based in China my hobbies are award-winning travel ninja. Pop culture enthusiast.

Link500

Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:09 am

just bought a pi at target. been eyeing them for awhile now. a friend of mine got one on amazon basically as an emulator box, but I didn't really care for that since I've got all the games i want either as the originals, or through Nintendo's vc service. and besides that you can get those on pretty much any pc already anyway.

what eventually got me to get the pi was i wanted to really learn more about programming in general, and I figured for something cheap but also versatile like the pi, i didn't have much to lose.

I'm currently in the process of making a case for it, and looked up a tutorial on how to install a power button. I may even get another just to link two together(i've read about making a cluster of em, some folks even linking hundreds of em, for what I'd use it for other than just to see how it works i'm not sure).

So yeah, nice to meet everyone.

siribiriz

Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:16 pm

Bought a PI, whooooooooooooooooop it's not here yet, wish it were here already :mrgreen: i love mr green

Darren.Jones

Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:45 pm

Hi All,

How many pi's can i own before it becomes a problem?? i have 5 pi's currently, an original 256mb, upto the new pi3B+ and 2* Pi0w

Darren

WastedProps

Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:24 am

(mods, feel free to shift this post into the more appropriate section)

Greetings folks, I was recommended to come here by a fellow user. I'm a replica prop builder and have been building fallout inspired props for about 4 years. I have been planning and sourcing parts to build a replica Fallout terminal based around a raspberry pi 3B+. My plan is to have it run like the terminals in fallout 4 with a few upgrades, i.e. ASCII web browsing, music player with 40's and 50's tracks, the mini games found on holotapes like atomic command, grognak etc and a few other bonus's. I originally started building the mini games in 'Scratch', but found that I couldn't really do much with the final game. ideally I'd probably want to have the games built in html5, but I'm open to suggestions.

this is the sort of thing I'm talking about (runs best on firefox)

https://phosphorus.github.io/app.html?i ... ght=%22360

Cheers.

CleverleyDone

Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:02 pm

Hi Everyone,

I'm Martin from Essex England. I have been programming on and off for 31 years since I was 9 on the Amstrad CPC 464.

Currently a very bored IT & Systems Manager! :roll:

Languages & Technologies:

PHP | HTML | CSS | Python | Apache | IIS | MySQL | jQuery | Windows 3.1-10 :)

I have designed and built networks, servers, websites, CDN's, DB's, full back and front end systems for retail and wholesale. :P

I'm not the best, tidiest or even know that much about all the technologies above, but, I know the limitations and the best use cases for each of them. I love combining technologies to reach the end goal.

You can keep up-to-date with my project here: https://github.com/CleverleyDone/MyPi

Home Automation :idea:

MyPi v.1 - Web interface control - BETA
MyPi v.1 - Sensor control - ALPHA
MyPi v.3 - AI Complimented - IN MY HEAD (I am however collecting data already for this)

If I can be of any help to anyone, let me know 8-)

Now...Lets Geek!

jMrL

Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:04 am

Hello !!

I just wanted to say the new front page is awesome.
Remember You Are Amazing!

looking for a person that enjoys speaking and loves tech.
https://yolodigi.com

komoloco

Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:46 am

Hi, I'm Joaquin, aka Komoloco. Nice to see you guys.

rromano001

Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:14 am

HI, this is Roberto, I live in Italy, my primary job is teacher on high school.
I'm approaching (passed) retirement age but for now I have to wait new law stopping move forward.

As secondary Job I work on embedded system, Linux (C/C++), embedded microcontrollers and FPGA on VHDL language.
I also like hiking and cycling but time is forever too short to do all I wish.
I love read book (on paper) and I like so much music I am no more able to play myself.
Happy to meet all forum, I try to be of help but I cannot give more than short spare time.
I experienced bad behaviour on some fora so I left immediately if personal attack or arrogance is detected.
Also I cannot waste all my spare time no fora, I am on more than one and time is shared by an unpredictable scheduler, sorry if you get some help then silence for some while. Silence is when spare time vanish... school exams, project deadlines, possibly sick.
Greetings to all.
Roberto

urthlight

Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:37 pm

Hello, I am Lane. My user name Urthlight is a mash up from two of my favorite authors, Clarke and Isamov(extra points if you can guess either part). I am in sunny Cocoa, Florida.During the day I build industrial automation for theme parks and aerospace companies. In my alter ego after hours I build yardbots, drones, 3D printers and laser goodies. I started with PIC but abandoned that for Arduino. I have been building all kinds of cool stuff with the arduino family. So i have a new project and the Pi seems to be the best fit. So here I am the owner of a brand new 3B+. So I have a few questions.............

Mecaniko

Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:19 am

Hello.. my name is nelvin., Filipino, male, 42, a Scrap collector from Philippines.. i don't know anything about programming and new technologies.. My brain is empty., I know nothing about your topics but one reason that i'm here because i saw one project in this site that i find it very interesting to know and learn how it works? i think this raspberry pi3 b+ can help me earn coins if somebody can help me or teach me how to connect to a coin slot.. :)

thank you..

Lukenjoy

Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:53 am

Hello everyone, this is Luca from Italy.

I’m 38 and I’m Computer professional.

I usually work with Windows and in the last years I’m approaching to Linux world and I love PI’s, I just bought one and I have some ideas to use it in my home...

Hope to learn a lot of things with you...

Regards ;)

100xyz

Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:03 am

Hi

My name is Sridhar - born in India, US citizen now living in Beijing. I am a graduate of the Indian Institute of Technology and University of Delaware. I did a thru hike of the Eastern Continental Trail running from Quebec to Key West (10 months, 5000 miles). I am an artist and a tech engineer. My art web site is www.svrart.com

Me and two other cofounders have started a startup :-) that lets wifi guests land directly on the wifi owners web pages (captive portal + local web server). We are in talks with an MNC for seed funding. We hope to do a kickstarter/indiegogo in a couple of months. Here is the web site for that www.100-xyz.com

I have been a lurker for more than a year. Could not register here because the captcha code that is at the end of the registration requires google, that is blocked in China. Greg Annandale of this site helped out and Im here now :-)

This is nice community.

Feedback on our startup idea appreciated :-)
Sridhar
Cofounder 100-xyz.com
Platform for local information via WiFi

millers

Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:41 am

Hey everyone, Millie here. I loved coding. <3

Gandalf1409

Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:09 am

Hi, my name is Jacques (Jac to most around here - Vietnam).

I have lived and worked in Vietnam for almost 20 years now. I am an engineer who is hooked on computers, amongst other things, and have recently gotten back into coding. The Raspberry Pi has been available here for some time and with my media streamer and some other computers having reached end of life, the Pi seemed to offer a sensible replacement for most of these at a reasonable price :)

I run Linux machines (although my employer insists on using Windows) and I love things open source .

Will need some help to get going, but hopefully can also contribute as I have spent the last 40 years fiddling with computers in one way or another. I am also a dedicated hacker - not the white or black hat type, one who will re-purpose anything he can find to do something he needs to get done.

Cheers,

Gandalf.

PS. If you haven't figured it yet, I am originally South African and love British humour. - G

andrea.miclausig

Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:28 am

Hey everyone! I'ma Andrea, a very beginner when it comes to coding and Raspberry in general. I'm here for work, mainly!

ImArthas

Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:46 am

Hi, Jorge Salinas here... I'm from Venezuela, quite far away from a lot of people in this thread but that is awesome, my english its kinda trashy but I do my best, I just wanna give it a try to the raspberry pi because I wanna use it for programming and pentesting (kali linux, for educational and good purposes and ubuntu mate) and maybe gaming (retropie). I have 34 and got my degree in software design on my country.

I wanna make good friends and learn much as I can.

Pleased to meet you all, and big hugs to everyone!!!

Edward_W_Hood

Wed Aug 29, 2018 3:24 am

Hello my name is Edward and I am trying to find a US based server which has the Rasbian image? Every time I try and download it from the foundations website it fails.

I hope someone can provide some guidance. Thanks

cymbelemicropt

Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:43 pm

Hi
RF background - systems integrator at work. Have a lot of dumb questions about Raspberry Pi. It seems to be a cool SBC. I have worked with the MinnowBoard and want to get to know the Raspberry PI.

Jackx429

Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:41 pm

I’m Nick,
I’m a Welder with a slight IT background from back in high school and just playing around on my own. New to the raspberry pi field, and always looking to learn.

GOGORASPBERRY

Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:57 am

I’m Miao,
I am a raspberry store owner and also playing with raspberry pi. Who want free raspberry pi 3B+ samples in US and CA can contact me by techtestmiao at 163 dot com.
Last edited by GOGORASPBERRY on Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

gregnier

Fri Aug 31, 2018 5:41 pm

Hello, I'm gregnier and live in Fremont, CA, USA. I'm trying to wrap my mind around all this Raspberry Pi stuff. At present, I'd like to get my Raspberry Pi 3 model B+ to communicate on my local computer network. Second, get OctoPi 0.15.1 installed, working on the Raspberry Pi and interacting with my Prusa i3 MK3 3D printer. Thirdly, My ultimate goal is to be able to observe (I've built and installed a Raspberry Pi camera on the 3D printer.) and control the 3D printer remotely from my cell phone.

Problems:
1) Can not get Raspberry Pi networking with my other computers.
2) I've downloaded OctoPi 0.15.1 but can not get it installed and working in Raspberry Pi 3 model B+
3) I finally gave up and purchased a pre-installed OctoPi on an additional mini 32GB SD card ($40). This card does not appear to completely boot the Raspberry Pi. Now I have two 32GB SD cards. Neither of them accomplishes what I want.

Successes with the first 32GB card:
1) Successfully formatted SD card.
2) Installed the Linux operating system.
3) Installed Chromium and got it to communicate with the internet.
4) I downloaded several utility programs: Angry IP Scanner, Putty, Notepad ++. None of which was able to install and made to work.

As you can see, I'm buried with technical issues and desperately need help. It seems I run into brick walls at every turn. Can anyone offer assistance?

RasPaxn
Contact: ICQ Website Yahoo Messenger AOL Facebook Google+ Skype Twitter YouTube

Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:00 pm

Just a typical homegrown amateur being still curious of everything (since C-64 Basic).

jackaroo

Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:43 am

Jan from Germany (where this is a boys name), "jackaroo" because I have family in Australia, and they made that a nickname for me...

Started with a Sinclair ZX-81 (Zilog Z80-based) first with basic, then in assemply. Many other µCs since. - Overslept most of M$-Win, but had to use DOS anyway. Went to Linux in 1995, added to several projects (mostly i4l, iptables and i2c).

Today I'm doing minor automation things for a hobby, but also µC-based self-controlled watering for a neighbouring gardener and cool-house cooling for a butcher (I don't do the cooling, but my devices control, report and inform).

Cheers, Jack.

====

My eyes see "MicroSoft", my brain reads "NanoWeak" - Linux since Kernel 1.0.36
====

My eyes see "MicroSoft", my brain reads "NanoWeak" - Linux since Kernel 1.0.36

Return to “General discussion”