onazari

Re: Introduce yourself!

Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:17 pm

HI, I am omid nazari bagh, an Iranian Raspberry PI lover.

OutsourcedGuru

Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:09 pm

I'm Michael and an avid fan of the Raspberry Pi 3 (and the Zero W). I probably have about seven of them now and another in the mail to me (along with a big collection of accessories). I've created a Raspberry Pi 3 supercomputer, I'm working on an Arduino->Pi port for the OSEPP tank including a remote, and I've got some modifications planned for my Robo C2 printer (Pi inside).

I write libraries (JavaScript), do monthly talks on the subject in San Diego and some mentoring. Pretty good with electronics, UNIX, IT, programming in a variety of languages.

Acesingue

Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:52 am

hello, newbie here :lol:

Mumufaray

Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:40 pm

I would like to know more about this forum and I would like to make new friends :) thank you already for your kind welcome :)

tomgoesnuts

Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:18 pm

Hi all,

Getting ready to start my first Raspberry Pi project, found this forum, thought it might be a good idea to start joining in now:)

I'm Tom, a complete newbie in the Pi, but I'm always interested in creating my own project sometime. Summer came and I decided no better time than now to begin.

I have some background in programming, mostly in C++ and Java, but mostly on the software side, so having my code run and producing result in real life is pretty exciting for me!

You might see me hanging out in the Newbie section some time soon!

-Tom

shaw67

Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:00 pm

im rod, and i like to party! :D

Flora201

Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:55 am

Lerc wrote:Hi, I'm Neil Graham, Usually Lerc online. I'm in Christchurch, New Zealand.

I'm an indie gamedev, with some of my games at screamingduck.com/

I have quite an interest in educational things. I have an OLPC XO and spent quite some time trying to see how much I could get out of the little beast. This is a video of some of the things I worked on with the XO.
[embed][/embed]
You'll note in that video, I check the memory usage and it reports 130,876k used, so it's already beyond Model A levels, On the other hand it also has Firefox running, which is where most of the memory goes.

I have been experimenting with conceptually separated desktops, It that video I had Bits,Create,Manage,Browse. Since then I have refined things on my Daughter's (seven years old) computer to have Browse,Create,Manage,Play. Having things like this means she uses multiple desktops quite happily without even thinking about the notion.

I am also prone to esoteric experiments,
fingswotidun.com/notano.....oadup.html (works best under chrome)

Attempting image compression to crazy proportions,
people.sugarlabs.org/~lerc/ (this only renders correctly under Opera, Go figure :-)

And I'm a regular entrant in the Ludum Dare 48 Hour game competition,
What kind of game can you make in 48 hours? Here are some of mine.
screamingduck.com/Cruft.....alaka.html
screamingduck.com/Lerc/LD13.html
worldcricketchampionship2apk.site/
fingswotidun.com/Ludum20/
Nice sharing! You have some things in common.

waterguy

Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:38 am

Hi there,

My name is Jeff and I run a water treatment company in New Zealand.
I must have been living under a rock for a while as I only found out about Raspberry Pi a week ago.

I have ordered my first, which is a R3 B.

Hoping to use it to monitor and control water treatment systems remotely via a smart phone.

I love tech, and starwars

Jeff

James High

Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:26 am

I am a newbie and a member of a technology company. I also have responsibility of a web: http://faceappapk.online/

vladimir111

Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:44 am

Hey I am Mukul From USA.

Lyrics Fed
Last edited by vladimir111 on Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:16 am, edited 5 times in total.

scammo

Re: STICKY: Introduce yourself!

Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:28 pm

Moin Moin (that is northern german for hello)
My name is Samuel and I'm 20 years old and I'm loving working the Raspberry Pi, Arduino and Electronics in general.
In my free time I'm hanging around our local computer club in Flensburg (if you ever should find yourself in this area say hello), like series and knitting.
Two years ago I started my own company callled Coding World or Jugend Programmier (Youth coding) and we are since then producing kits and books in German mainly about the Raspberry Pi. Just recently we started our second crowd funding campaign for the Coding Unicorn Shield. We thought it would be awesome if their was a cool atachable shield which you can use for learning to code and use it to advance your project. You can check the project out here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/sa ... =user_menu
I'm already excited to meet new peole and share projects and ideas!

Best Regards
Samuel

Xyrrebpsarx

Hello From the Alpha Quadrant

Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:35 am

Friends,
I am a noob that is considering the pi for a Black Box for my car, I suspect that I am not the first. The Black Boxes being offered are Gold Dusted empty, expensive plastic boxes.

I want added protection from bad drivers and bad cops so I want six to nine 1K and 2K cameras DVR with the ability to store on any size SD card and/or SSD.

I also want telemetry from many sources like GPS, speed, throttle and brake pedal positions, steering degrees and more.

Two problems I suspect will be power drain when the car is parked and chip cooling.

I'd like to Stink Tank this idea with interested peeps (WOW! I always wanted to use Peeps, yeah, I know Late)

I look forward to hearing from you
Sincerely
Real men drive minivans and put sugar, cream and jelly beans in their coffee.

JusttryingtolearnPi

Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:09 pm

Hello all,

I'm JusttryingtolearnPi. I am new to the world of Raspberry Pi and hungry to learn as much as I can. I thought it only proper to introduce myself before seeking knowledge so that you might all become aware of my probing mind. I apologize beforehand for my ignorance. Some of my questions will most certainly be archaic in thought but bear with me as I grow and get up to speed. I am a fast learner. Thanks for having me. :geek:

Ronsraspberries

Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:39 am

I'm Ron. My logon is because I grow small fruit organically in Durham, Connecticut, USA. I've programmed for about 30 years starting off in COBOL but today with Perl and PowerShell. Python is not too much of a stretch from Perl. As part of my reducing my carbon footprint I built a root cellar that has 2 holes to the outside where I will attach an exhaust fan to one. I hope to build a project that controls turning on the exhaust fan to bring in cool air from the other hole and another to turn on a humidifier.

I'm familiar with there being multiple ways to the same ends but am stuck on knowing what 1-wire protocol to use for various sensors I need to attached to RPi. The weather station people have similar challenges regarding sensors such as temperature and humidity so I'm looking at their forums.

Wilson Drake

Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:48 am

Hello this is Drake here and I have joined to community yesterday.
Just wanted to know why raspberry has chosen raspberry as their name ? :)

Tripper

Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:15 pm

Hi. A raspberry newbie here. Finally got around to getting a raspberry when my old media player quit. Have always wanted to mess about with the raspberry and this was a good a reason as any. Been playing around with it some and there's so much to explore! Will be posting in the forums some really dumb newbie questions, glad to see such a great community here!

mikunos

Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:51 pm

Hi Guys!

I am a software developer and I'd like to create simple project for educational purpose.

I love Raspberry Pi!

terreythompson

Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:13 pm

Hey, I'm Terrey Thompson. I just joined this forum to learn more about audio video equipments and I should consider buying. :D

rogerarbogast

Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:52 am

Hello Every Body,

I am rogerarbogast, I'm 26 from USA. When I was 8 i started to program with java, later I wanted to be a hacker (?).

wedgetail84

Sat Aug 26, 2017 3:13 am

Hi,

Just a quick intro... I live in rural Australia and have way too interests. One of them being music, and the pursuit of a superior airplay receiver led me to a Raspberry Pi and here I am. I also like making things and being able to repair them - although programming is not one of my natural strong points I'm keen to learn and did some matlab work at uni (10 years ago now...).

I've already learnt a fair bit off this forum so many thanks and I'm sure it will continue!

TomasL

Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:51 pm

Hi there I'm Tomas, from Borås Sweden.
I work as CTO in a Company that manufactures envirionmental friendly waterchillers and heat pumps.

I have two private websites, www.ebaman.com, a respository for user manuals and service manuals, free to everyone, and most material is contributed by members.
I have some 10K of files available for download on ebaman.
I allso run a site called www.microdiscray.com, outlining one of my more insane Projects, will propbably be locked up in the cucoo's nest, before that Project is finalized.
Muy goal is to build a 16-bit computer from discrete Components utilizing ecl-logic built by only one type of trasistor and some 5 different resistors resistors.
So far, only schematics and pcb-layout of the ALU is ready (not simulated yet).
There is one ALU-bit on each board, thus I need 16 boards for a complete ALU (plus probably 2-4 boards for Carry-logic), each board has some 990 Components on each board, so a 16-bit ALU will have nearly 16000 Components, and that is just the beginning.

Anyway, just started to look in to Pi, and se if I can use it to something useful.

rogerarbogast

Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:34 am

Hello,

I am Roger Arbogast, from USA. A technology freak and I am here to say hi to every one.

jmang

Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:05 pm

Hi all,

My name is Jim, and I am a recently retired software engineer and project manager living in New York City.

I came to Raspberry Pi looking for a solution to use as a media player in the living room, as I've placed virtually all my music, CDs, LPs, etc. on a file server. I used iTunes for quite a while on a Mac Mini, but it proved inconvenient for several reasons especially for my wife who is somewhat technically savvy but has a short attention span for technology that is at all cumbersome, complicated or quirky and the Mac setup was all of these.

So long story short I put together a Raspberry Pi solution using a Hifiberry Dac+ Pro and Squeezeplay software and integrated it with the Harmony Smart Remote we are accustomed to using for other entertainment center functions. It was an adventure putting this solution together, as I had never worked with a Raspberry Pi before (in fact, I haven't done that much UNIX work in the past decade or so) and I had to search out much of the information I needed to engineer it online. But being a tinkerer at heart I mostly enjoyed the experience despite occasional setbacks and frustration, pretty much par for any IT project.

At risk of sounding smarmy, I would like to thank the Raspberry Pi Foundation, its people and this community for providing and supporting a product that has revolutionized information technology. As a 34-year veteran of the IT business who has seen IT (more frequently known as Computer Science or Computer Technology back then) grow from an arcane sub-specialty to a ubiquitous and necessary part of modern life, I would describe Raspberry Pi and its ecosystem with a very overused but in this case well deserved adjective: awesome, absolutely awesome.

that sweet pi

Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:57 am

Hey im a IT student 2nd year and i am intrested in getting a raspberry pi, so if anyone has any tips i'd love to hear it, if any one would like to help me understand linux and is willing to help me i'd love to hear from you, so by this introduction, Hello :)

John_Vella

Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:17 pm

that sweet pi wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:57 am
Hey im a IT student 2nd year and i am intrested in getting a raspberry pi, so if anyone has any tips i'd love to hear it, if any one would like to help me understand linux and is willing to help me i'd love to hear from you, so by this introduction, Hello :)
Welcome to the forum! I've got a tip for you... explore these forums, as we're all here to help each other, and remember that there are countless tutorial videos on YouTube... that's how I'm learning.

Typing this has made me realise that I haven't introduced myself, so...

Hello! I'm John, and I've had Pi's since they came out, but it's only recently that I've really started using them seriously.

Always learning, and always happy and keen to pass on anything I learn.

Return to “General discussion”