demag

Re: STICKY: Introduce yourself!

Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:46 pm

Hello,
I've known about the RP since it's introduction years ago but never bothered with it. However I'm now retired and whilst reading Linux Format recently noticed a few RP projects. I promptly ordered one and have powered it up and updated and upgraded it.
It's certainly an impressive piece of kit as it stands but I've been thinking of a little project for it. I have an old wifi home burglar alarm and was wondering if I can set the Pi up to control it, we'll see.
I've ordered a case, heat sinks and fan to keep it cool.

Dave.
Dave.

fred41

Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:54 am

My name is.. what...?
My name is.. who...?
Slim Freddy
Hello everyone...

live_loop

Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:00 pm

Hello,

I bought an early version of the Raspberry Pi a couple of years ago, but did very little with it. Bought the latest version a few weeks ago after a video about Sonic Pi captured my imagination.

As a beginner in coding, I have had a number of issues in setting up my Raspberry Pi. Some I have resolved myself eg connecting to a VGA display, getting sound to work - but still have some challenges to overcome, such as installing software updates and controlling the Raspberry Pi from a laptop.

I have a lot to learn, but I'm looking forward to the challenge.

spike77

Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:16 pm

Hello Forum!

i'm Spike. Although i registered 4 years ago, i thought it was time to say hello in this thread.

I bought my first RPi in 2013 because the whole concept reminds me of my homecomputing experiences with the Amiga and C64 back in the 90ies.

In the meanwhile i bought the RPi2 und RPi3 and i am still happy :-)

My interests are mostyl learning Assembly Language and Retro Gaming. :D
krautguy.wordpress.com

remout

Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:54 pm

Hi,

In my last year of High School, circa 1975, I was told by my academic adviser "You're not college material, I recommend construction for you". I suspect she really meant ditch digging. I've made my living, since 1982, developing software.

Love, love, love the pi!

spacedvb

hI GUYS

Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:04 am

JUST LOGIN be making my best for comunty

I am in Transcoding Solution Source

garystevens

Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:57 pm

Hi there!

It's me Gary. Can't wait to learn new things and more useful infos here. :)

Joe Chip

Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:22 am

Hello friends,
Back in 1978 I had 14 broken autos in my back yard. The government stopped by to tell me how much they didn’t like that. So I gave up auto mechanics and taught myself electronics. And that lead to computers. I did some design work with upc’s back in the 90’s. Then my work took me elsewhere. Lately I am retired, so I’m building all those projects I put aside over the years.

I have a new Raspberry Pi 3 awaiting the power supply I am building. I hope to add a DAC soon. I am pleased to make your acquaintance.

KatBates

Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:14 pm

Hi all,
My name is Kat, I'm from the UK and I know very little about Raspberry Pi. I just joined the forum to get a bit of information about it, as my boyfriend says that he wants one for Christmas.

He is hoping to use one to build into a home media system where he can put streaming apps such as Kodi on it as we currently run all that through a very slow and laggy Amazon Firestick. If anyone has information on the most suitable way of doing this then I would be very grateful.

Many thanks,

Kat :D

serenity_gruier

Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:27 am

I am Michael I live in Omaha, ne usa
I am new to programing
like to meet new people

lemonada8

Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:47 am

Hi!

Im lemonada8 :D

I want to build a raspberry pi that is a emulator (NES, SNES, etc.. depends on what controller i end up with primarily) and i can plug a usb mass storage drive into to play movies from a projector.
(i work nights currently, and they get pretty boring, so to help pass the time)

anyways, hi yall!

and any hlep would be much appreciated. i am going to start with the stickies as thats the proper etiquite but still its a whole new world for me :D

F1TRN

Introduce F1TRN - Bruno

Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:21 am

Hi everybody.

1th sorry for my so bad English write.

My name is Bruno and leave near Paris. I have just have by a Raspi 3B for country house ans for using it with Ham Radio software.

Thanks for reading.

Bruno - F1TRN

ghezzia

Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:01 pm

Hi I'm Alex from Italy and I'm newby in this forum and in the raspberry's world as well.
I have just few notions of electronic and making but i really love Doing IT by Myself! :).
I'm looking forward to know you better.
Cheers
Alex

Regnard_Kevin

Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:41 am

Kevin here.

Hello i am now 24 years old, i know too old to learn something new.

curently working on raspberry project as server.

nice to meet ya. i am life in South East Asia.

i love learn new thing more than play a game xD

SciGama

Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:23 pm

I am James. A software/cloud engineer from Orlando, Fl. Went to an IOT user group meeting in town and now Im hooked.:) I interested in doing development on these devices and looking forward to learning. Also I have a 5 year old daughter and she is hooked also. I have been asked to teach an 'Hour of Code' class at her school next week and these devices will likely be a focal point.

hassa

Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:20 am

Hi.. greetings... i'm hassa from indonesia..... :)

topgunner

Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:42 am

SciGama wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:23 pm
I am James. A software/cloud engineer from Orlando, Fl. Went to an IOT user group meeting in town and now Im hooked.:) I interested in doing development on these devices and looking forward to learning. Also I have a 5 year old daughter and she is hooked also. I have been asked to teach an 'Hour of Code' class at her school next week and these devices will likely be a focal point.
You are in the right place for knowledge. Welcome

IVI

Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:09 am

Hello, I am Ivi from BJ, China, a fresh programmer. Today, 24th Oct, is Programmers' Festival in China. Wish all the coders worldwide have a good day. And very excited to enter this wonderland.

#include<stdio.h>
int
main(int argc,char* argv[])
{

int date;

if(argc!=2)
{
printf("./a.out date\n");
printf("As to date, you can try three different ones:1024,10240,10241. More internal meanings including Chinese Culture you can think, lots of fun, run it right now!\n ");
}

date=atoi(argv[1]);

switch(date)
{
case 1024:
printf("Happy Programmers' Day!");
printf("程序员节日快乐!\n");
break;
case 10240:
printf("Happy femaleProgrammers' Day!");
printf("程序媛节日快乐!\n");
break;
case 10241:
printf("Happy maleProgrammers' Day!");
printf("程序猿节日快乐!\n");
break;

}

return 0;

}

The Traveler

Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:36 pm

Greeting to the RPi community!

By way of introduction my name is Jeff and I'm a long time programmer, network administrator and general all around computer technology tinkerer. I started with assembler as a kid 'way back in '75 and over the last 40+ years have added BASIC, C, C++, along with a number of shell and scripting languages, Bash, C shell and Korn shells, Python, Tcl/Tk, some Perl and Lua. I've used LINUX in from one distro or another (my current fave is lubuntu) for over 20 years and I think the Open Source model is smart and successful.

I look forward to sharing my ideas, projects and experience with the RPi community.

Cheers to all.
Last edited by The Traveler on Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Retired IT professional, C programmer and "beardie weirdie".
RPi interests: Developing an Infinite Improbability Drive
“Thinking outside of the box allows you to get rewards outside of your reach.” Matshona Dhliwayo

liodel

Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:14 pm

Hi All,

Lionel from France here,

using rapsberry pi essentially for science exhibitions as interactive (or not) video / image player,
i'm trying to put a lot of them in a lot of other places (fablab, art exhibitions, other funky stuff...)

probably looking for help really soon... i'm stick on an opengl problem right now...

Glad to be here ! 8-)

maikodocty25

Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:53 pm

My name is Thirdy. cute nerdy hot tech gamer.

d'z00

Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:32 pm

Why, hello, and I'm pleased to meet you too.

Haven't yet bought a Pi board, I hope this forum will help me know which one to buy and so forth.

Sure enough, I will like this

topgunner

Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:18 am

d'z00 wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:32 pm
Why, hello, and I'm pleased to meet you too.

Haven't yet bought a Pi board, I hope this forum will help me know which one to buy and so forth.

Sure enough, I will like this
Welcome! Lots of stickies and helpful discussions around like that thread. You will surely enjoy here.

natasyawelly

Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:18 am

hello, newbie here

pamelaign

Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:21 am

I'm Charms, a bit of a novice. But a quick study. Hope to learn.

Return to “General discussion”