RAZERZ

Re: Introduce yourself!

Sun Jul 24, 2016 5:31 pm

MathiasS wrote:Hello!

Im Mathias from Sweden.

I bought a Pi 6 months ago and have been using it as mediaplayer (Kodi/OpenElec) but now it´s time for the next step: Control my caravan with the Pi and a Touchscreen (Waterlevel, control heating, burglary alarm, gas-leakage warning, Kodi and radio) and just ordered some stuff to hook up analog devices to the Pi :)

I have a little knowledge in programming (BASIC, C++ and Python). I have been running linux on my computers (also have a MB Air with OSX) for almost 20 years.
I am also from Sweden! I live in Karlstad and my name is Rami. I have the raspberry pi 3 with rsapbian on and have been using it as a portable desktop. I write schoolprojects and stuff like that and I play the full version of minecraft (rarely).
Raspberry pi 3 set up as desktop with raspbian.
I guess you can say I am not newbie with linux but I am not a master at it either.
I will always try to help you as much as I can because I know how hard it is to run into problems :D

jbarr

Mon Jul 25, 2016 5:20 pm

I'm Jim Barr, and I'm living in the "Upstate" of South Carolina. I recently bought a Raspberry Pi 3 to play around with, and so far, it's a stellar little device. I'm interested in using it (and probably countless others) for several little projects from a file server to a monitor for a pond aerator I have on some farmland (that'll take a LOT of research!)

I did install OSMC to run Kodi on it, and it's really a very robust Kodi device. But I honestly prefer our Roku box for TV watching, so I ended up wiping it and installing Raspian to have a simple Linux box to play with.

dentexperts

Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:45 am

Hello all. Im Gary and im the in-house developer for Dent Experts. I run this site ---> dent-experts
Moderated, removed spam link

andrewbrosnan

Thu Jul 28, 2016 4:02 pm

Welcome Concetta! I'm presently working as a writer at a well known custom academic writing company in the US. Happy to meet you :)

Andrew
Essays Chief
Last edited by andrewbrosnan on Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jdcrunchman

Fri Jul 29, 2016 7:47 pm

Hi,

I'm the "Crunchman", IE: John Draper - just getting involved on a raspberry Pi project for a vertical market Kiosk with TV.

My knowledge of Linux is about a 5.5 on a 1-10 scale, but I'm picking things up fairly quickly thanx to YouTube, and those fine folks who posts good tutorials on YouTube.

I come to the realization that 8 gigs is just not enough memory to evaluate the different browsers so apparently my "build" appears to not be able to use the other 8 gigs, and I'm struggling to find a way to utilize the other 8 gigs. I'm sure someone posted something, I just haven't found it yet.

Anyway, this is me....

John (the Crunchman) Draper
http://webcrunchers.com

Matt_Rob

Thu Aug 04, 2016 5:38 pm

Hi, I'm Matthew a teenager in who loves computers and thought that a Pi would be a god project. I live in Northern Ireland.

triciabellasario

Fri Aug 05, 2016 11:34 am

Hi, I am Tricia Bellasario, and I would like to say Hi to all of you! I hope I'll be able to contribute positively to this forum!

Shackleton

67 Year Old Hacker says...Wow!

Sat Aug 06, 2016 1:28 pm

I started on a Commodore 64 with a tape deck...ended up twelve years guiding a computer club...now running a news corner for robotics and, suddenly, new life for this 67 year old hacker: RaspberryPi. Would have ben nice if it ONLY had JAVA! Hey, it has Python! And my mouth just dropped to see Mathematica! I linked an adaptor to my VGA out of the HDMI and made a joyful noise in open source song! Fun...simply fun.

---Shackleton

vinny74

Sat Aug 06, 2016 4:16 pm

Hello I am Enzo, I deal with electronics and systems, I'm using PI3 to try to automate my aquarium are not very practical programming, but I really want to learn.

Thank you

P.S. This is an on-line translation
also in English they are not a top.

treeHouse

Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:14 pm

Hey,
From the Lake Michigan area.

My first computer was a timex-sinclair 1000. My first FUN computer was a used C64. I would make my own text based games, which were likely a reflection of the impatience of a 12 year old, rather than the genius I thought myself.

I am a computer junkie, and a consumate tinkerer. I rarely accomplice anything practical with computers, and when I do, it is with great reluctance and often copious resentment :)

The pi 3 is the first of the pi's I could no longer resist. I havn't had this much fun wasting precious time since my c64!

I probably won't contribute anything meaninful to this community, but I appreciate it being here!
Thanks pi inventors!
--ted

willieaames

Tue Aug 09, 2016 6:17 am

Hey all, its willie from houston, Texas..
Last edited by willieaames on Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

nickonstick

Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:31 am

Hello every one my name is Nick from Australia. I like to play indie games ad recently got into online gaming. :D

8bithero

Fri Aug 12, 2016 9:00 pm

Hi, I'm 8bithero. I just got a raspberry pi for gaming and programming. I'm currently putting together a rp build in an nes case. I have some questions and will post in the appropriate threads.

Other hobbies include playing bass, hiking, drawing, writing, studying science and working on projects around the house which I share with my wife, a dog and two cats. I work part time in human services which is a big jump from my past career as a microbiologist in the biotech industry for eight years.

pbulteel

Mon Aug 15, 2016 2:41 pm

Hi,

My name is Patrick and I'm a Pi addict. I only own 1 (B+) but use them at work for prototypes. I've been playing with one for a while, but haven't done anything big at home. I have plans... but they tend to stay as "plans".

I plan on automating my house.

I plan on creating magic mirrors.

I plan on having a pihole + hostspot + 3G/4G Router + media "center" in my car. Meaning I let the passengers watch movies, etc.

I plan on dominating the w^h^h^h^h^hwork related items with the Pi.

Like I said... I have plans.

-P

sto

Mon Aug 15, 2016 3:10 pm

Woops, looks like I skipped the introductions before posting... Sorry!

The name is David, I'm French, 32, living in Tokyo.

I'm a software engineer, working at Kenzai, a "tech fitness" startup.

I've owned a Raspberry Pi as part of a Kano Computer kit since 2014, but didn't do anything with it...
When the Raspberry Pi 3 came out, and showed good performances, I bought one, but didn't do anything with it...
A week ago, I went to Maker Faire Tokyo, and it revived the flame: I want to make things!

I particularly enjoyed a project that was using bicolor LED panels (the same that can be found in most train stations here, green, red and orange) to display stuff coming from a computer (with an Arduino in between). Here's a link to a blog post describing the project (it's in Japanese, so check the pictures!). This post really does not dive in the details, meaning that I had to research a lot of things (where to get the panels, is there a datasheet, etc.).

My idea is to connect multiple panels to a Raspberry Pi, write the interface layer, as well as an application that will feed it data to display, in Python (a new language that I also need to learn!). The data could either be info that I'd like to see at home (weather, time, notifications, news ticker, etc.), or information useful at work (metrics, site events?).

In my little free time, I like to play video games, watch TV shows, program, play basketball, run...
Last edited by sto on Tue Aug 16, 2016 4:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jmakaz
Raspberry Pi Certified Educator
Raspberry Pi Certified Educator

Mon Aug 15, 2016 4:55 pm

My name is Janice Mak and I just returned from Picademy that was held at the Digital Harbor Foundation in Baltimore. It was an incredible time of learning, failing, celebrating and growing. I'll definitely be adding blog posts about my time there to my http://supercodingpower.blogspot.com

Look forward to continuing the learning through this forum!

Janice

luipermom

Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:11 am

Hi everybody,

My name is Luis Perez, I'm 36 years old, I live in Spain and I started my computers experience in 1987 with a Sinclair ZX Spectrum +2.

I have been using computers (mostly PC) since then and two months ago I bought my first Raspberry (RPi3) and one week after that I bought the awesome Raspberry Pi Zero.

Actually I use Pi0 as multimedia player and Pi3 for Python Programming with some hardware attached to GPIO.

I think Raspberry Pi is one of the best things happened to user's electronics and I hope to be able to develop and share some ideas and projects.

;-)

ShunJianLee

Fri Aug 19, 2016 3:02 am

Hello, i am lee from malaysia. I am currently doing final year project on voice automation system. I am currently facing an problem from jasper program. Does anyone done it before or involved in the jasper program as well?

Lord Bedfont

Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:06 pm

Hi,

Been working with the Pi for a little while to act as a TTL/RS232 Console logger to record status messages from a Linux box.

The project had some feature creep (don't they all!) and the Pi is now logging Console messages, recording Temperature & Humidity with DHT11 and Supply voltages using I2C.

Biggest challenge I had was getting the Pi to store time, since I didn't want to invest in a separate board just to hold time. I overcame this by getting the Console Logger to run an NTP update before it really started, then any Logfile timestamps were accurate.
In case the Pi is off-line, the code constantly writes to a datefile, so the Pi has a time reference to use when it starts up of thetime it was at when it was last running, which is good enough, since the Logger shouldn't be offline for more than a day.

Looking to add some Relays and other controls onto the Pi, some IP Camera Video streaming and to make an Alarm Clock to get my daughter out of the house in time for the bus to Middle School every day!

edlins

Sat Aug 20, 2016 5:57 pm

Hi, I'm Scott and I like to tinker about.

My last Pi project was an eight channel propane flamethrower control system with a MIDI keyboard DJ interface and a smartphone WiFi interface for a metal art sculpture installation at an outdoor wedding.

I'm currently expanding the project to include RGB LED lighting control.

I've lurked a bit and I'm hoping that I can give a little back now.

Thanks!

wgreen92

Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:58 pm

Hi all,

I am William, a current student in the computer programming/electrical engineering track working on my bachelors. I am a junior level developer currently working primarily in C# and doing some data management using SSMS and SQL. Some of my current projects involving a PI is the Game boy Zero, a magic mirror and a photo booth for a friends wedding.
Glad to be here and look forward to sharing knowledge with all you fine folks.
-William

Asur1984

Sun Aug 28, 2016 4:10 pm

Hi,

I'm Jon, I have no experience with Pi to be fair but have been interested for a while.
I have an active interest in astronomy and science and am looking at studying further hopefully.
Currently I am trying to build a radio telescope and I am hoping that I may be able to use Pi on this.

Anyway, hope to learn a lot from my time here.

josesmith

Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:26 am

Hi, I am Smith, 28 years old, I'm so happy to join the Raspberry Pi. I intend to learn how to program the Raspberry Pi, so that it can integrate with the WiFi cameras. I currently have a project called Yoosee. Yoosee + Raspberry Pi, can be a great opensource platform.

bomastudio

Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:09 pm

Hi, I'm Alessandro. I'm an italian aerospace engineer. I'm a research fellow, a software developer, a structural engineer, a draftman, a kind-of-sort-of-architect, and lots of other stuff....

I live in Italy, work in Italy, eat in Italy.

I use Raspberry PI for home server and I like it!

Hope to share knowledge about IT technologies!

carljoshau83

Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:38 pm

Hello my name is Carl and I live in Michigan, USA I am 32 years old and I am a newbie to raspberry pi. I love working with computers and also enjoy DJing. I am trying raspberry pi for a photo booth project and see how it works for my dj business.

Carl

Return to “General discussion”