StelleaShapcot

Re: Introduce yourself!

Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:26 am

Hey Friends,

I am New to this Forum, I am from India.. :)

Thanks!
Developing NextDoorLab.com

KevinA

Wed Jun 08, 2016 3:54 pm

I'm Kevin, started in computers before there were computers; Field engineer for DEC PDP-11 and Data General Nova, later migrating to the PC before it was called PC. I've worked as a mechanic thru high school, after Vietnam it was construction and school and then field engineering. I've been involved with PCB manufacturing and design to VLSI design with NCR in Colorado Springs. Migrated to software after racking up a million flight miles becoming a certified Oracle Programmer/System Manager. Moved into management later on after the third company in a row had me train H-1B replacements. Currently dabbling in design with Eagle/DipTrace/Protel/DEX PCB layout software and CAD/CAM software for 3D machining. As far as I'm concerned Raspberry broke the barrier with the first PI and will be remembered as a force in the direction of computers. When I grew up it was common to stop at Radio shack or the scrap yard at Uni-Vac to get electronic parts for a project, with PI the kids might start getting their hands into it again.
Thank you PI.

preetsagal

Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:40 am

Hello everyone. i am preet sagal . working as developer in FuGenX Technologies.

NorbyDroid

Sat Jun 11, 2016 5:35 am

Howdy y'all my name is Daniel.

I don't know what to say because I am not much of a socializer. Never know what to say.

I love computers, especially the old ones. Not only do I like to program I also teach people how to use it, and do some repairs.

I still use DOS and Windows 98 and I program in DOS in a few different BASIC languages. My project (which I wish to transfer to the RaspBerry Pi is a text-based program called 'Norby The Time Bot'. A different kind of time-keeping program.

I am a writer and a poet as well. I have one poem published.

:) Smile :)

raymonddarling

Sat Jun 11, 2016 2:27 pm

Hi Folks,

Im ray. Ive a pi 2 and a pi zero i have not done much yet. but im starting. I love kodi and program it onto everything so that will be a first prob.

Any bye for now.

nervino

Sun Jun 12, 2016 3:20 pm

Ciao Ragazzi,
italiano e appassionato di tutto ciò che devi costruire per farlo funzionare... cosa meglio di un raspi allora?
un saluto a tutti.

hemtah

Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:20 pm

I m Mat I m beginner in this world! hope i will love this new adventure!
have fun

matteo7497

Mon Jun 13, 2016 3:18 pm

hello,
i' m matteo and i'm studying arduino and raspberry on my own.
i hope in your help because i have some trouble..

leinadhok

Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:06 pm

Dan here. About to start my Pi journey once my order arrives tomorrow. Thank you for all the useful information that can be found here.
Raspberry Pi 3 Model B
OpenELEC 6.0.3

Magnu420

Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:30 pm

hi all just joined and hoping to find a solution to a problem
thanks for having me

n9lya

N9LYA

Tue Jun 14, 2016 4:20 pm

hi name is Jerry
I have been a RPi User since about the second batch of Pis came out.
I am a Ham Radio op and do a lot with Raspberry Pi and Ham Radio.
Live in Indiana. Also a Rather avid digital op.
http://www.n9lya.com

emimull

Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:19 pm

Hello, I'm Emil from Norway. Working for a company that does home automation. Also experimenting on my own :)

Alex.Bate
Raspberry Pi Foundation Employee & Forum Moderator
Raspberry Pi Foundation Employee & Forum Moderator

Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:31 pm

Hey everyone. Thought I'd swing by and say hello.

I'm Alex and I'm the new Communications Assistant over here at Pi Towers. Essentially I'm the one who posts the bits on Facebook and Instagram and writes the occasional blog entry.

I'm fairly new to the Pi though not new to being a maker. I love making things and spend a lot of my time taking things apart just to see how they work (with various results when trying to put them together again.)

I plan on throwing myself full force into Pi making in the new few weeks... once I finish the 3D printed lightsaber I'm currently working on. If someone can figure out a way I can incorporate a Zero into a lightsaber, let me know!

KaineMorrison

Thu Jun 16, 2016 5:09 pm

Hi, My username is my name.
I literally just got a Raspberry Pi. It is my first one.
I'm struggling tremendously with it.
I got it only as a replacement to my long dead WD TV Live +HD

I can't get any other OS to boot.
Enough about my issues with this for now, I assume there are more appropriate place to post about it.

I'm from NY.
I'm 35 (ugh) years old.
I have no idea what to write here...

thexerovoidshow

Fri Jun 17, 2016 4:31 am

Hello. I am just nobody special. An average guy with some crazy idea's, and no idea on how to make those idea's a reality.

Ok, so here is one of my crazy idea's I thought, you know people build these super computers using a bunch of regular computers all combined to act as one. But a lot of regular computers are expensive. So since the Raspberry Pi 3 is so cheap. Why couldn't somebody take a bunch of these Pi's and bake them into one big huge super computer? And then what if they couldn't get this Super Pi computer to work seamlessly with other computers and OS's?

Ok, so that's my crazy idea. I would be interested in hearing what other people think, or even how other people would do it. I am a kind of DIY guy, but absolutely no computer skills, other than using a computer.

Well thats me.

Doc Watson

Fri Jun 17, 2016 2:24 pm

Hello all,

My name is Dr Andrew Watson and I am building a pi 3 cluster using 17 pi 3's with dedicated power and switch. I will create a thread on the forums in a week or two charting my progress.

I am a lecturer at a college in Plymouth UK, and run and teach on a Foundation Degree in Software Development and also run and teach a HNC/HND in computing and Systems support.

I've been teaching for over 16 years, have a PhD in Artificial Intelligence and a Degree in Mechanical Engineering. I was also a Navigator in the Royal Air Force in a former life, and started programming at age 11 (im 50 now). Looking forward to getting into some low level programming on the GPU and CPU.

I will be testing the cluster for raw computing power, server testing and network setups and also will use MPI for parallel programming. The whole cluster will fit in a small briefcase!!!! (I hope). The cluster is a proof of concept and I am hoping to get finance to build 2 more for the College which will be used to teach parallel programming and network setup and testing next year.

quarkjuggler

Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:10 am

I'm John.

I was on the forum back in 2013, but everybody's forgotten who I am--including me, so I'll put some re-introduction.

I sleep about 12 hours a night, so having worked full time all of my life, I haven't been able to have much of a hobby life. I was an application programmer on the iSeries and its forerunners, so I'm sensitive to what users want to see, but haven't had time to cozy up to my good friend, the computer. Well, now I am retired, so here goes....

My ultimate goal with the RPi is to enhance the other branch of my hobby life, which is religion. I want to use the RPi Compute Module with development board and the 'Open EEG Mark IV' to build a machine that will sense when a person has become "as a little child". I hope that with biofeedback, salvation will be more accessible.

Right now, however, I'm stone-poor, so I hope to build and sell a time machine based on the RPi--no, not the the H.G.Wells or the Apple OS X time machines, but a thing with lights and buzzers that will tell the user when to do stuff like take pills and send birthday cards. It's been done before, of course, but my flip phone can't get my attention even on its highest volume setting and vibrator to boot.

I'm looking forward to bugging everybody with dumb questions, which I'll be doing for a while, since I tend to forget things I've learned. --Open road ahead, but the motor is sputtering!
Statements resembling facts are IMO only. "he" means "he or she", etc. "Mother Nature" is an abstraction, not a real spirit.
John

maronno

Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:17 pm

Im Vale, kind of new, haven't been using a forum for a long long time, so please be patient if i do some behavior mistakes.

A very beginner with RPi and Python, here looking for the most difficult answers, and if i can, give some help too!!

Thanks
V.

cowboysdude1

Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:21 am

I'm John.. I live in the US .. NY State actually.

I just came here trying to get some kind of idea when Pi Zero will be available.. if ever.

Been waiting 6 months and am VERY frustrated.

Aravindh

Wed Jun 22, 2016 5:48 am

Hi I'm Aravindh, seems to work more on Raspberry pi and try to learn some new things about them. I'm more interested to work with Raspberry Pi organization to bring some new technique and invention in it. I need to be a part of the development process.
Visit http://www.xenderforpcs.com/2016/01/xender-for-pc-free-download-windows-xp-7-8-81-10.html

thomaschristeena

Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:50 am

Hi i am Thomas, I am a software engineer and now i am working on my websites . I am setting my own office now. Worked for 10 years for clients ,Now its time to do for myself. Please suggest me that SEO is needed now?

Jamexcb

Wed Jun 22, 2016 3:49 pm

Hi I'm Emanuel from Portugal.

I'm using my pi for playing videos and home temperature :)
But now i'm starting using RPi 3 with Windows IoT.
I think the RPi 3 with Windows IoT its a good opportunity for factories that need a cheap and simple solution to collect data.
This way the IT guy can remote control the RPi, don't have license for Windows, Antivirus, already have BT and Wifi for less than a USB Barcode Scanner :D
RPi3 it's an amazing platform for that.
Last edited by Jamexcb on Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

TDSapp

Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:11 pm

Hi all I am Tim from Frisco Texas (Suburb of Dallas) and somewhat new to the RPi. I bought my 22 year old son an RPi 2 about a year ago for his birthday and he has been using it as his primary computer since his laptop broke. When the RPi 3 came out I decided to get one myself. This is my first Linux computer but it has not been too difficult to figure out so far. If I have any questions I just ask my son. I currently have two SD cards up and running with two OS's. One being Raspbian and Kali from Offensive Security Ltd. and they are both running great.

The Raspbian I am currently using for developing a control unit for my Primo smoker. I know that HeaterMeter is out there but I learn more by doing it myself. I am using a mixture of Python, PHP, and SQLite3 and it will have a fan and 4 thermocouple probes. It has been a lot of fun so far.

Tim

SamusDrake

Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:57 pm

Hello, my name is Steven and I live in Suffolk, located in the UK.

At this time of writing I am 36 years young(ish) and love the art of programming. I enjoy writing Java games during the week alongside the day job which is shop work, but relish the chance to escape to the countryside at the weekends – if the British weather agrees(which isn't often enough!).

I first heard about the Raspberry Pi when I was studying for a degree with the Open University and thought “it would be nice if it took off...”. I knew the Pi had potential and the Foundation had its heart in the right place, but I honestly did not expect the Pi to take the computing world by storm, like it has done. The Foundation, Pi and Linux communities consist of very dedicated people.

I would like to take this opportunity to say thank you to Eben and Liz Upton for bringing us the Pi in the first place. Cheers!

Steve.

Action_Jax

Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:58 pm

emimull wrote:Hello, I'm Emil from Norway. Working for a company that does home automation. Also experimenting on my own :)
Hey Emil i am a programmer in the united states that is trying to get into making automation houses. You wouldn't know anything about the Unipi? Its the expansion board for the RPi and I been having some difficulties trying to get it to work. Any suggestions?

Return to “General discussion”