Wrecsam

Re: Introduce yourself!

Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:52 pm

Hi,

My name is Phil fairly new to the raspberry pi. I am a network manager in a local school.

Never now what to say in these posts, like ukscone I have been into computers for many years and also have fond memories of the ZX80, ZX81 and ZX Spectrum.

Phil

stopgaplabs

Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:59 am

Hello all,
I'm Robbie. I teach electronics in Alabama, US. I come from more of a hardware background, but love the pi. Sort of invigorated my hobby as of late. I've lurked here since getting one and owe a lot to the people here for the general ease of getting near about anything done with it. The community around this board is probably one of the most important things the pi has going for it. Thanks.

Nigel850

Fri Mar 25, 2016 1:23 pm

Name is Nigel850,

Im a Mac user with Windows in bootcamp status. Use Linux in VM's.

Got interested in Raspberry Pi to create a better bird feeder
(Squirrel Proof)!

There are a lot of things about the Rpi that are
thought provoking, sensors, cameras and the GPIO interface
for example. I will enjoy tinkering with my new Rpi3.

Been lurking for a few days on this board.. Its been very helpful.

RaspberryMash

Sat Mar 26, 2016 5:03 am

Hi ,here I am, struggling. I am 64 year old female who has had no coding or programing experience. I have always used plug and play. Somehow I was sold Raspberry Pi so now I need some help to get around.
I have tried following tutorials and have down loaded stuff, for instance Apache server. It down loaded but didnt show. No tutorials make me anywiser.
Imagine you only speak one language and are dropped in to another country with a totally different language and approach. WEll thats how I find myself feeling now.
I dont want to just give up.
BTW, I am in Qld. Australia.
THanks.

Rahul Marathe

Sat Mar 26, 2016 7:59 am

Biometric Attendance System using fingerprint scanner Gt 511C3 is being developed by me for my final year project..Any help regarding the same would be much appreciated

MiraBionisMechonis

Mon Mar 28, 2016 2:45 pm

Hi all!

I am MiraBionisMechonis. As you may have guessed, I am a huge gamer and fan of the Xenoblade series! :D

I am also a huuuuuuuuge nerd (in everything except bad pop music) and I play the violin.

Not very experienced with programming but I hope to get better with the Pi!

See you all around!

simonecallahan

Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:51 am

my name is simone callahan..... i am a programmer... i have completed ccna degree now presently working in IT company.......
i enjoy my work so much.....

ashmck73

Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:48 am

Hello my name is Ashley and I've been a fan of the Raspberry Pi for a few years now. I am into Retro Gaming so have setup my own website at http://www.raspberryretro.com to give people information on what's available to start retro gaming with the Raspberry Pi.

I've been here a few times but I have been on now for a couple of hours soaking in the valuable information here. Long live the Raspberry Pi
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ashley
the curator @
www.raspberryretro.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

selena

Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:52 pm

hi am selena smith ... I hope I may have have gud experience on this forum..

S7ntax

Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:34 pm

Hi my name is Nick, 40 years young in a few weeks.

I started off programming for fun on my Commodore 16 back in the 80's using BASIC. I'm not an expert by any means but a self confessed nerd when it comes to electronics and computers. I also love music technology and techno music (the kind that sounds like it could be made be intelligent machines of the future).

Recently got back into Linux after dipping my toe in and out for the past 8 years or so, had Macintosh computers since the G3 mainly for music production but I love using the shell in both Mac and Linux. I've been getting back into programming with my 8 year old son and we are learning Python which is fun and also nostalgic.

My partner recently got me an early birthday pressie, a Raspberry Pi 2 Model B which I have had a few different setups on up to now, started off with Ubuntu MATE and set up a SMB server on there for my Kodi installs about the house. Started an Arch Linux ARM setup on a new SD card but Arch is pretty hardcore once you get past the configuration process and start trying to add a desktop and windows manager, not ashamed to say I gave up for now and went back to MATE.

My next project for the Pi is going to be a RetroPi games console to show my son how great games of the 80's and 90's were. :lol:

piterjohns

Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:47 am

hey members... piter here... from england lives in india...... very new on this forum.... i hope members will help me if i face any kind of problem here......
happy to be a part of this forum..... :P

Acorn

Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:10 pm

Hello all, I just wanted to introduce myself and get the firs post out of the way.

As a kid I had a BBC B computer, and it was my best friend. I see the RPi as its successor, and I've only just got myself an RPi 3.

I'm based in Tennessee these days (grew up in UK), and look forward to many years of fun with the Pi.

Disclaimer - my username is simply my personal affinity with the Acorn computers of the 80s. I do not have, nor have ever had, any commercial interest or employment with Acorn, ARM or any other related entity. I just like the machines and the username was available.

I look forward to getting my teeth into this thing!

Scratch1911

Fri Apr 01, 2016 2:35 am

Greetings!

I am Scratch and am just looking forward to playing with my new Raspberry Pi 3

I will need to find the "dumb questions" part of the forum ASAP

I look forward to participating in the forums

Thanks!

Scratch

Scratch1911

Fri Apr 01, 2016 3:54 am

Scratch1911 wrote:Greetings!

I am Scratch and am just looking forward to playing with my new Raspberry Pi 3

I will need to find the "dumb questions" part of the forum ASAP

I look forward to participating in the forums

Thanks!

Scratch
Welcome, Scratch! ;)

emjenny

Fri Apr 01, 2016 11:35 am

Hi,
I am a blogger, especially in the field of online privacy and security. i love to read and write. The only thing about me i never focus on a single domain and always surfing different forums, blogs and sites.

EimGhey

Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:19 pm

I am a young man with Aspergers trying to learn code... I need my dad to buy me a Pi and a large SD Card to give me the space I need for my projects.. The eventual plan is to learn code for collage so I can catch up with my brother.. I am currently a assistant art teacher at day program for the disabled... I need to learn cod to allow me to take my ideas to the next level.. I am interested in Surrealist Art, Anime and Psychology and my heros are Sigmund Fraud, Einstein, Martin Luther King and a German Leader people can't name in polite company. My goal is to create programs to study psychology and art and better society... I also want to create a web comic at some point...

qrti

Sat Apr 02, 2016 7:10 am

Hi,

I'm a programmer coming from the windows universe and gave the Raspberry world a try. Meanwhile I have three Raspis equipped with LCDs and a project has grown, which I'm now going to publish in the project section, tataa, the Raspi world moving 'Tosh - Touch on Shell' a graphic overlay for console applications ...

tcklo

Sat Apr 02, 2016 1:52 pm

Hi I'm Tony. I have been playing with computers for a long time. Need to learn a new set of skills so lets see what can be done.

BenjaminEHowe

Sun Apr 03, 2016 6:25 pm

Hi, I'm Ben. I got one of the first 10,000 Pi's back in 2012 and somehow managed to avoid registering for the forum :oops: .

I'm a first year Computer Science student at the University of Reading. In my spare time (as well as messing around with tech) I enjoy the outdoors and walking.

kpratama24

Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:51 am

Hi . I'm Kevin, Senior IT Consultant from Indonesia. I've seen Raspberry Pi as the most capable microcomputer for changing everyday lives. This kind of computer will bring Internet Of Things to the next level at the future.

At last, I always believe that Technology will always change as the time flews
My Setup :
Model : Raspberry Pi 2 Model B
Processor : 900MHz quad-core ARM Cortex-A7 CPU
RAM : 1 GB
Operating System : Open Source Media Center Build 2016.04-1
Storage : Toshiba SD HC Class 10 (16 GB version)

bemmyboy

Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:01 am

Hi, I'm Andy, fifty seven years of age, married with two adult children. I first became interested in computers back in 82, owning a zx spectrum, embarking on moderate programming. Later on back in the 90's I embarked further with my interest in computers using mainly office software and using Dos systems. The latter part of the 90's my interest grew further when I began to build systems and gained further education in pc builds and repairs. My initial builds were with windows systems, I became very interested in exploring unix systems, some of which were succesful, some not, which I put down to learning experience. I currently use ubuntu built notebook, favouring it more than windows systems for stability. I have just purchased a rpb3, having updated only yesterday can hardly wait to explore. I have explored Debian in the past installing on a bootable cd or usb pen, so I am no newbie to python. that's me.

JoeR

Tue Apr 05, 2016 5:15 am

Hello,

My name is Joe. I am a fresh newbie at this, but have recently taken an interest in the whole idea of a raspberry pi because I have an idea that I want to see come to life. I am sure I will have to lean on a few members to make it come true, but fortunately I do not think it will be that hard of a project to do.

Maikoule

Tue Apr 05, 2016 2:37 pm

Hi,

I'm Michael, a french student using my RPi's for both study projects (using the picamera, python and cv2) and entertainment.
Computer sciences is a real challenge for someone studying physics!!

ciarashi

Tue Apr 05, 2016 4:08 pm

Hi everyone! I'm Chiara and I need some help :)

Max7

Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:25 pm

Hi guys, Max here!

Looking to use the Raspberry Pi as a learning tool to really be proficient at Linux, exploring the world of Linux, and making it a home for me.

I am also using it as a spare computer to multitask and coding with it. :D

Looking forward to reading and learning!

Return to “General discussion”