Raspburrito

Re: Introduce yourself!

Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:29 pm

Hi everyone, I'm Raspburrito and I am an amateur programmer and magician from Chile.
I like fruits and everything Linux related, so I fell in love with the Raspberry Pi.
sudo mucho

piotro

Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:28 pm

Hi, my name is Piotr. I run a start-up company developing software for the Internet of Things. We're based in Gdańsk, Poland. Raspberry Pi is a great platform for a lot of applications - looking forward to creative dialogs with the RasPi community.

Piotr

tyoussef

Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:26 pm

hello every one i am tyoussef

Canduz

Sun Sep 14, 2014 4:50 am

Hi, my name is Gabriele Candini, i'm a maintenance engineer / toolmaker in a workshop in italy. I use linux since I was young and I bought the raspberry pi almost immediately when I saw it, i worked, mechanically (Mounting, repairing, setup), on lots of automations made with Siemens S7 and I was wondering how it would be to build an automation with this little and powerful computer, since i don't have PLC programming skill.. This forum helped me a lot getting started with my automation!

viulian

Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:59 am

HI

I am Julian. I am 37 years old, working as engineer in shipbuilding design and I like the magic boxes doing great stuff (like Raspberry). I like inventing things. My first invention I had it with 5 when I drawn two cars with big magnets hidden in the bumpers so that the cars rejects themself and there will be no accidents. :)

I am a selftought programmer (C#, some Java with a little bit of Python arround) and enjoy playing with the written and unwritten law of physics, make them work for us, humanoids.

Julian
Kind regards
IV

copper304

Tue Sep 16, 2014 4:24 pm

My name is Steve,
I go by copper. and I am yes a police officer. I am a noob to Pi, but I feel as though this is going to be my new home. I wish to start a security business here in my home area. And I believe that Pi will be perfect for me. Everything that I have been looking for is all under one roof. The Pi roof. Thanks for such a perfect project.

Vance

Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:57 pm

Hello. Vance here.

I found out about the Raspberry Pi mid 2013 from a Linux magazine. Received my Model B October of 2013. I now have the model B and two model A's. I have had a functioning dash cam in my truck since about a month after getting the model B. It works so well. My intent was to post my methods after I had it 'finalized'. It turns out that that will never happen. The Pi is so functional, and the methods of accomplishing everything so diverse, that I will never be convinced that it is in the most robust, efficient form, as well as the fact that I can always come up with one more feature to add which I almost never know how to do at first. I'll try to post some code and pictures in it's eternal WIP (Work In Progress) state.

I decided to register here and hopefully give back some information on what I have learned. I'm a busy family man, so I may not post often as some of you.

Vance

Jarmac

Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:24 pm

Hi, my name is Jarod. I'm a computer repair technician mostly specializing in malware removal. I've used Linux builds casually before, and I recently started trying to learn more about them. I use a Raspi at home and at work, but I'm still new at it, so I thought it would be a good idea to sign up here in case I need help troubleshooting.

Ozon1969

Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:46 pm

Found it! Since one of the members pointed out this forum location to introduce myself.
So Hi all,

What a great forum you have her . Let me introduce myself in short:
Dutch 45 years old and in bed (after surgery) for the next weeks playing around with my "new" Rasberry PI B+ with openelec and XBMC. Bought the RPI last week and it came pre-installed with openelec and XBMC. bought a second one this week and decided to do the install myself since the first one was loaded with more crap than you can imagine. Various pre-installed scripts and addons brought the RPI to it's knees rightafter starting up, lol.
Now after reading lots and playing around and reading I am looking forward to contribute where I can and "occasionally" ask for help and guidance. ...

talk to you soon!
Kind regards,

Ozon1969

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Raspberry PI B+
Openelec
XBMC

tbd.pi

Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:37 pm

Hi all,

I'm tbd.pi, I'm in New Jersey originally from Oldham, UK. I have big ambitions on controlling a lot of things in my home one day from scheduling, recipes and food management to heating and cooling to monitoring my pool chemicals and temperature. I am a software developer, strangely got into it when in college doing Robotics and Electrical engineering in the 90s. Now I want to actually go back to learning about the stuff that got me into software!

I've been collecting Pis since they were launched, I think I have four and more gadgets and boards than I could possibly need. Now I just have to learn how to be more constructive with them.

My dream, to be able to say "computah" into a mouse, and have the house take a command!

stump1000

Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:38 pm

I thought I'd make a post introducing myself. I plan to hang around quite a bit and hopefully do a lot of learning. I just ordered two Raspberry Pi's, one for me and one for my friend and we plan to install XBMC and use them for a HTPC's. I am excited to have something new to learn about and play around with. I have a lot reading to do so I better get to it. :D

Pranab

Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:25 am

Hi everyone. My name is Pranab and i am a security researcher. I am looking here for more exposure to use and customize the raspberry pi. :)

XaviJr

Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:36 am

Hi guys. I'm just starting and seeing what I need to build a speedometer for a stationary bike. ;)

mainsailman

Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:53 pm

Error post
Last edited by mainsailman on Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mainsailman

Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:04 pm

Hey all, I am very new to this Raspi thing. Can anyone explain to me what a Raspi-7 is? Besides that question, I am 46 now (sigh) and I am interested in this stuff in an attempt to share some things with my granddaughter. I love electronics and she shows an interest in it as well. :idea:

GnatMan515

Sat Sep 27, 2014 5:31 pm

Hello Everyone,,Looking forward to meeting new friends, and sharing great ideas. Also, any Florida,USA Peeps out there? Looking to start a group of Pi Faces in S/W Florida,USA

absolutenoob

Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:04 am

Hi all I'm the absolutenoob haha, I've zero knowledge and experience with computer programming but I'm a fast learner I've just ordered my first pi and have a few dead smart phones lying around my house I guess im looking for some sort of fairy geek mother to take my hand and teach me all about programming with the end result being a raspberry pi running off of a smartphone battery with 3g access and a touch screen does any one wanna help I know it's ambitious but sink or swim is how I roll.

mainsailman

Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:13 pm

GnatMan515 wrote:Hello Everyone,,Looking forward to meeting new friends, and sharing great ideas. Also, any Florida,USA Peeps out there? Looking to start a group of Pi Faces in S/W Florida,USA
Move to Pcola and you gotta deal

Chubak

Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:14 pm

I'm twenty-one, and I'm bipolar. I study English literature. Yeah, you may ask what the hell am I doing here instead of reading Ullysses. Face it, college is irrelevant. Four years of learning equates one millisecond of experience. And I want to start big. I have already established my own electronic entrepreneurship company, "Vachik". It's Middle-Persian for "Game". But we, I mean, I, focus on a much wider array of products, including salted peanuts and SteadiCams.

I won't tell you where I am from because you're all biased about my country more than a directional diode. I don't care though, I'm not the ambassador of my nation. All I know is that this country has great potential for me. But since I find patriotism lame, I won't be staying here when I'm a multi-millionaire.

[Mod Edit: This is a kid friendly forum, please keep the subject matter appropriate]

I'm here to consume. I won't contribute. If you don't like it, deal with it.
I'd rather live a good forty years than a miserable eighty years.

Jednorozec

Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:34 am

Chubak wrote:I'm here to consume. I won't contribute. If you don't like it, deal with it.
With that attitude this is the only post of yours that I will ever reply to.
The most important leg of a three legged stool is the one that's missing.
It's called thinking. Why don't you try it sometime?

polykarpus

Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:46 am

Hello and greetings from Poland where Raspberry Pi became really popular. I am software developer, but i sometimes like to play with my soldering machine and some microcontrollers (and devices like rpi) to create something that makes my life easier :) - yes I am lazy guy ;)

erebus^

Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:53 pm

Hi there, berries! Introduction from Norway! Working with IT and tinkering as a hobby. I've owned a RPi since they became available, but just now decided to join this community. Hope I can be of some use!

trevatxtal

Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:04 am

Hello Raspberryians
The Raspberry Pi is a quantum leap from my earliest machines ( intel 4040 and Nascom 1 Z80 )
Just as much fun.
I am now retired, was Owner, MD and development engineer of Chrystal Electronics and Crystal Research.
One Question please how do you clear Unread Posts ? the list is getting longer and longer !.
Many thanks. :D
Trevor

DougieLawson

Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:15 am

trevatxtal wrote: One Question please how do you clear Unread Posts ? the list is getting longer and longer !.
http://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/ucp.php?i=174
Change your forum profile to use "prosilver" (for "My board style"), head back to the home page and clear down the unread posts then back to the UCP to change the style back to "raspite".
Note: Having anything humorous in your signature is completely banned on this forum. Wear a tin-foil hat and you'll get a ban.

Any DMs sent on Twitter will be answered next month.

This is a doctor free zone.

trevatxtal

Tue Oct 07, 2014 1:39 pm

Many thanks Dougie
What a long winded method.
As I always check all posts daily for any forums I Follow this must be the most obtuse :roll: .
But many thanks. :D

Return to “General discussion”