fakada

Re: Introduce yourself!

Sat May 18, 2013 11:43 am

Hi,

I'm Fabio from Portugal. An IT guy interested in testing Pi to some crazy projects :)

Regards
Fabio

coleslaw4dinner

Sun May 19, 2013 2:42 am

I am Tyler, or Ty for short. ;)
I'm currently a rising senior at Virginia Tech college down in Blacksburg, Virginia. I'm majoring in Computer Science; summer break came along, so I found it interesting to purchase and tinker with a Raspberry Pi. Many people within my major already have one and have thoroughly enjoyed it. I think it's great that it can be offered at such a cheap price so it can appeal to so many people (like students who are dirt cheap in college ;) )

I'm also a big fan of cars, hence my avatar of me in a DeLorean. You can read about them on my website, http://www.tailfintalk.com. I like programming and cars, so I decided to program this site from scratch.. about cars!

Cheers!
If at first you don't succeed, call it version 1.0

Chantelle310

Sun May 19, 2013 10:29 am

Hi, I'm Chantelle. Just registered to the site this morning from the UK. Had a raspberry pi for a few months now and really just looking into learning as much about it as possible. Using it as a media centre currently but my next plan is to look into checking it out as a Linux mini computer. I like anything to do with technology although not completely educated know bits and bobs :D

MikeLX

Sun May 19, 2013 11:58 am

Hi,

I am Mike, and have been using RaspberryPIs since they were available last year...can't believe I actually never registered at the forum here, although I have been using a lot of info from here.

Mike

JBORTOT

Mon May 20, 2013 11:06 am

I'm na University Professor in Brazil and I teach "C", C++ and C# using allways Microsoft Visual Studio.
I'm new in Linux and mono.

Chukkzy

Mon May 20, 2013 8:40 pm

So yeah, let's do this, I am Chukkzy, 37 (god I am old) and my first computer was an Amiga, so I am still coming from the homecomputer generation (back then, before everything was called a 'Peee-Ceee', which always sounds to me like something which an elderly british woman would say lol).

The Pi caught my eye as its a small device, pretty versatile and you can try around with it a lot, you could say it was an instant purchase as I ran off the next day to buy one in a store. So yeah, pretty cool! 8-)

miren2k

Tue May 21, 2013 4:17 pm

Hi, I'm Miren, I am a film maker, and I run a company called Aizen Digital making videos and films :)

arnoid

Wed May 22, 2013 7:55 am

Hi, i'm Serjey Arnaut. Livin' in Kharkiv, Ukraine.
I'm working as software developer and i had experience with a lot of mobile platforms.

I got my raspberry and right now i'm trying to separate 26pin cable to separate into power-ground pairs, i2c, SPI, Serial and GPIO groups.

speccie48

Thu May 23, 2013 1:40 pm

Hello all, bought a raspberry pi recently to remind me of the computers i used when I was younger. Trying to teach myself python so might be asking lots of questions. Also using it to introduce my kids to :D computers. This is my first post on a forum, learning already

5C4R3

Fri May 24, 2013 1:01 am

Hi from New Zealand!

Just picked up my RPi, can't wait to make a cool gaming console out of it (:

seaza

Sat May 25, 2013 7:36 pm

Hi, im Aaron, graduate retail manager in London, looking to set up an irc network solely run by PI's

rpitodo

Tue May 28, 2013 3:52 am

New to the boards,

Just created www.rpitodo.com for all of raspberry pi news, articles, tutorials and projects in one place. Take a look!
Home of Raspberry Pi News, Articles, Tutorials, Youtube Videos and Projects
www.rpitodo.com

Bucky Ball

Tue May 28, 2013 4:12 am

Hi all,

New here. Just got my Raspberry Pi B model yesterday and awaiting the power supply (eagerly!) which should be here by week's end. Am intending to install Raspbmc and use it to stream web content.

Well, just thought I'd say hello before leaping in with some questions when I get the Pi powered up. There is a stack of info here already so hopefully I won't be too troublesome or need to ask too many.

Cheers
BB :mrgreen:

matokage

Tue May 28, 2013 6:16 pm

Ahoy, dear technological revolutionaries! I'm Misac Tiba also known as Matokage. I was looking for a simple and portable computer based on ARM and that was capable of running Linux and had a low power consumption, well I think I have found the volunteer. I'm going to use it for a kind of portable computer mounted on a rig and self powered by Peltier cells (this last one is very optional) using the wasted body heat. I already got the idea, next step is to buy a Raspberry Pi witch i'm finding challenging since it's import to Brazil is hard and expensive. Wish me luck guys :D
"I can't buy food with glory"

va3zks

Tue May 28, 2013 9:26 pm

I'm Peter

I've been day dreaming about a media server for ages. when I heard about r pi I knew it was just a matter of time. ordered a b model a few weeks ago and have been slowly setting it up with squeeze plug. currently trying to solve a noise issuee
there is a VERY LOUD buzzing under which my music can faintly be heard.

txutxe

Wed May 29, 2013 2:18 pm

Hi everyone,

i've been using linux for years both at home and at work.

I've played around with linux/unix in pc boxes, routers and other devices, and now I feel curious about raspberry pi.

there's no one I know that has one that complains about it, they have all done great things.

I hope I can also do such things with mine (when I buy it) and share the results with the raspberry community.
It doesn't matter who you are or where you come from, it's only about what you are capable of.
http://www.linkedin.com/in/jordimolesblanco

damienM

Thu May 30, 2013 9:12 am

Hi I am a none tech person with a requirement that I think a Raspberry Pi could solve to make my life easier!

Not sure where to actually post such a request, on this site or elsewhere?

I want to be able to use Apple Airprint from my iPad to send pictures directly to a folder on my network. Not bothered what format they come across as, I will use Photoshop later to open and edit them. I will simply select images in the camera roll and print them to the same network folder, think this is called virtual printing?

I am willing to pay for someone to develop this for me and have a small budget of around £250.00 excluding any hardware for this development.

I would also want advice on what Raspberry Pi and WiFi dongle to buy separately to run this solution.

Thanks,
Damien

paul_c

Thu May 30, 2013 9:58 am

Hi,

have been using Linux ever since Mandrake 7.2 (back in 2001). Just using it, not getting hands dirty with command line unless there was not other way round it.

Have currently got my RasPi running Rasbian on a 16 gig SD card and with XFCE as the desktop.

Really looking forward to the future desktop hardware acceleration coming soon to Raspian.

Waiting for all the breadboarding bits and pieces along with my Adafruit PiCobbler breakout board to arrive so I can get LEDs flashing etc.

The Adafruit servo driver module has got me really interested:

http://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-16-c ... spberry-pi
been using Linux since Mandrake 7.2 (2001)

force2me

Thu May 30, 2013 2:26 pm

Hi,
I'am Frank from Germany and I want to setup a vmware emulation of the raspberry pi, till I get the hardware the next day's.

jimmetry

Thu May 30, 2013 11:17 pm

Hi,

Jason from Australia. I want the ultimate in connectivity and visualisation. I started in the QBASIC days at age 10 (15 years ago). Working on it.

Cheers

crockettbu

I'm Butch

Sat Jun 01, 2013 3:05 am

I have never really been good at academics but I'm a big gear head. I learn what I have to to get the job done and thats why I'm here. I love learning and making things.

bfreuden

Hi!

Sat Jun 01, 2013 2:06 pm

Hi everyone,

My name's Bruno, I am a software developer.
I plan experimenting Bluetooth connections between the pi and microcontrollers.
As I am very new to raspberry pi (received my model B yesterday), I will certainly have questions ;)

Best regards,

John002

Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:33 pm

I am Johnson Augustine , I am interested in computer and electronics when i was in the age of 15 and now i am working as a Software Engineer at KTS Infotech PVT LTD and Server Admin and security Engineer at Scibero Hosting and Cyber Solutions. I have expertise in C/C++/Visual C++/G++/QT++,Com,Device Driver and embedded System Development. I have 4 Year Experience in ASP.net and Visual studio 2005,2008,2010 and MSSQL Server 2000,2005,2008 ,I have also deep knowledge in Oracle database,MySQL Database,C++ with SQLite, Android mobile development , PHP , Joomla,Word Press ,html,Javascript,Jquery,Ajax.CSS , Networking ,Cyber security, Ethical Hacking and familiar with most of the web hosting control panels like Plesk 9.5,Plesk 10.4.4,Plesk 11.0.9 . Cpanel/WHM,Hsphere,Dotnet panel , and have experience in Windows server 2003,2008,Cent Os , RHEL,Fedora etc .and also have some work experience in cloud environment.

I am here because of that Now i am doing things in Raspberry PI , And like to get more things from here and trying to contribute somthing to this project too

Tektip profile [Popular Technical Discussion Website ] : http://www.tektips.in/AuthorDetails.asp ... @gmail.com

See my personal technical discussion website http://www.memcpy.in

I written an article related to raspberry pi , interested peoples can read this and may be helpful for you people http://tektips.in/Raspberry-PI-for-Beginners.aspx

bcrose1

Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:50 pm

Hi! I'm Bill (William when in trouble or it's the end of the month and you've had enough bills already). From Detroit Metro, a learning technology / instructional design professional, and currently work in the global learning unit of the world's largest hotel company. For a couple of decades (gasp) I've been introducing new technologies to big companies, primarily for training purposes. My current project is to develop and implement an mLearning strategy for my employer. While all the pieces of the strategy are drafted, as a sort of line in the sand to be tested, the biggest bump today is device availability. I'll be sniffing around here and elsewhere to see if Raspberry Pi fits somehow. Otherwise, 1 kid at Univ. of AZ, 1 kid in Baltimore / DC area, big live music fan (anything but country and rap but especially love electronic), and computer geek (duh). Learned to program on Commodore 64, developed first eLearning content in Hypercard, then some DOS thing (crazy), then Toolbook, Authorware, Flash, Captivate, etc. Say hi!

toadslinger

Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:46 pm

Hello all,

I am Ruchard (toadslinger) in Houston, Texas, US. I am 69.75 and celebrated my 50th year in computer progarmming in the spring of 2012. I currently program pensions for AonHewitt. I have had my B model Pi for about two weeks and I am currently setting up a desktop model for programming with 32Gb memory chip, 22" monitor and 500Gb external disk

I am planning on a Pi to control three sump pumps in my backyard and another with BMC to get a collection of movies to a second TV. I have stumbled upon a second Pi enthusiaist here in Houston and I am betting there are more.

Return to “General discussion”