slimplynth

rpi zero w + bluetooth audio

Sat Aug 25, 2018 6:30 pm

Hello

I've been busy of late; replacing LAMP with LEMP and RPI 3 with RPI Zero W.. Ajax.. Django.. mainly because I've recorded every IR signal in the house (TV remote etc) and have them broadcast when the appropriate button is pressed on the relevant web page... the actual IR signal is generated by a micro controller that connects to the rpi via a 433mhz serial radio... the only issue that now stands in my way is that the RPI Zero W doesn't have a 3.5mm jack for the audio.. originally, I thought i'd get around this by using a bluetooth bridge which would connect to the mixer used for karaoke and also has a line in from the telly box..

My BT speaker pairs ok with..

Code: Select all

bluetoothctl ... power on ... agent on... connect MAC 
and often connect automatically...

However, when i use the below.. the sound output is scaring other people in the house, it sounds like a thousand screaming babies.. I turned the volume down in alsa mixer and when the sound is lower I'd say it's akin to listening to the sound when you telephone a fax machine in error.. but worse.. any ideas?

Code: Select all

sudo aplay -D bluealsa:HCI=hci0,DEV=F4:XX:XX:XX:XX:C8,PROFILE=a2dp ./Mysterons.mp3
NB: I also read that using wifi and bt at the same time might do the same so I disabled wlan0 and used wlan1 (usb dongle)..

Many thanks

S

slimplynth

Re: rpi zero w + bluetooth audio

Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:07 am

Seems like a common fault, I still haven't got it working but looks like this is the best way of keeping the usb input free for other uses:

https://learn.adafruit.com/introducing- ... io-outputs

Return to “General discussion”