9acca9

Released button.

Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:52 pm

Hi.Could someone pass me a code to print "Button released" ???

The truth is that I was testing several codes and I can not find the correct one.

In other words, the message "Button released" appears when a button that is always closed is released.

Greetings and many thanks

this is my button.

B.Goode

Re: Released button.

Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:58 pm

The gpiozero python library module has a basic 'recipe' that demonstrates this: https://gpiozero.readthedocs.io/en/stab ... tml#button

(Scroll down to after the blue 'Note', where it says "Similarly, functions can be attached to button releases:")

Z80 Refugee

Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:34 am

Your button will not be reliable unless it is wired correctly. See the link below, and scroll down to "Hardware Interfacing".

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=207597
Military and Automotive Electronics Design Engineer (retired)

For the best service: make your thread title properly descriptive, and put all relevant details in the first post (including links - don't make us search)!

texy
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:12 am

9acca9 wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:52 pm
Hi.Could someone pass me a code to print "Button released" ???

The truth is that I was testing several codes and I can not find the correct one.

In other words, the message "Button released" appears when a button that is always closed is released.

Greetings and many thanks

this is my button.

Hi,
you need to confirm which language you are using, the assumption is python, in which case, B.Goode has shown a good link to help.
Also with any Input you need to be aware of 'floating' pins, so if pull-ups are not utilised, either internal or external, then you may not be getting the results you expect.
Texy
Various male/female 40- and 26-way GPIO header for sale here ( IDEAL FOR YOUR PiZero ):
https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=93&t=147682#p971555

hippy

Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:15 am

In pseudo code ...

Code: Select all

Do
  Do : Loop until Input == 0
  Print "Button pushed"
  Do : Loop until Input != 0
  Print "Button released"
Loop
Change the 0's to 1's if it's working the wrong way round, showing "release" when pushed.

Return to “General discussion”