GreenAcres

Problems after latest update

Mon May 07, 2018 11:02 pm

I recently installed the RPi Cam-Web-Interface and in the process it said to make sure I had the latest update with "get update" and "get dist-upgrade". Now that I have done that, I've noticed several problems that I can't seem to solve after a couple hours of online searching. I'd appreciate any help. I'm extremely frustrated now.

Problem 1: When I use the desktop to open a .php file to edit the text, it won't let me save it anymore. It only goes to "save as" and then says "can't open file to write". I never had this problem before and didn't change any config settings or log in info. I could use the GPIO through a web interface, test, make a quick change to the .php file, save, test again in seconds. Now I can't edit and save any existing files (.php, .py, etc) or create a new folder in my HTML folder. I've found several people with the same problem, but the replies all say to use "sudo...." in terminal. I just want to double click on the file, make a change, save it... just like I have for the last 2 years.

Problem 2: Related to #1?? Not as big of a deal, but extremely annoying... the mouse sensitivity doesn't save any changes either. It takes me literally 20 swipes across the mouse pad to get from one side of the screen to the other.

Thanks for your help.

SteveSpencer

Re: Problems after latest update

Tue May 08, 2018 11:00 am

Can't help with problem #2.

As for problem one, do you (as the current user, presumably "pi") have permission to change the files in question?
They may be somewhere under /var/www.

Do you have a general issue with writing files?
Things to check

Code: Select all

df -h
so you can see how much disk space you have

Code: Select all

echo hello > ~/mynewfile.txt
To verify that writing does actually happen.
If you reboot and then the mynewfile.txt file is not in your home folder, your SD may be bad :(
Steve S
No, I can't think of anything funny that won't offend someone if they want it to...

Return to “General discussion”