bask185

'cast' smartphone screen to the RPI

Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:55 am

I am going to build a car radio using a pi. The thing will have bluetooth so I can connect it with my phone and play music and make phone calls etc. I just thought, that it would be nice to have google maps for navigation. Ofcourse you can turn google maps on your phone on and hear the audio through the speakers. And now I was thinking that it would be nice if the map would also be displayed on the Pi's display

At first I thought I turn my phone in a hotspot and give the Pi internet, but that might cost me more internet than I'd like. For input I wanted to use unified remote so I can set up google maps on my Pi but...

much more easy it would be to have my phone's screen mirrored on the Pi via Wifi...minus the internet. Can this be done? I know my Pi can view a live stream from another Pi. But how to do this with an android phone??

fruitoftheloom

Re: 'cast' smartphone screen to the RPI

Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:25 am

Retired disgracefully.....
This at present is my daily "computer" https://www.asus.com/us/Chrome-Devices/Chromebit-CS10/

bask185

Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:33 am

Tnx. I looked into this. But is not what I want. This is a tad overkill really. If I'd get this there would be almost nothing left to hobby :geek:

I just need my phone to broadcast it's screen to the Rpi so I can watch it with the chromium browser

ghans

Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:33 pm

The MiracleCast project adds support for MiraCast to Linux.

MiracleCast used to work on the RPi. No idea if that is still the case.

ghans
• Don't like the board ? Missing features ? Change to the prosilver theme ! You can find it in your settings.
• Don't like to search the forum BEFORE posting 'cos it's useless ? Try googling : yoursearchtermshere site:raspberrypi.org

Return to “General discussion”