pvklink

Re: GUIDE: Google Assistant on Raspbian

Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:05 am

Hi all,

I also have made my own google home with an rpi3b and seed 2 speaker board. It works fantastic.... but in english!
I search for locale settings on my rpi to change this in dutch, and everything seems to be well installed... still no dutch!

I also install google assistant (dutch) on my smartphone, with the same google account as on my rpi3b.
And guess, on this device it does speak dutch.

I dont want to speak to my cellphone in my house and still trying to get my rpi3b google home in the right language...
Someone an idea?

tjohnson

Wed Sep 05, 2018 3:36 pm

pvklink wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:05 am
Hi all,

I also have made my own google home with an rpi3b and seed 2 speaker board. It works fantastic.... but in english!
I search for locale settings on my rpi to change this in dutch, and everything seems to be well installed... still no dutch!

I also install google assistant (dutch) on my smartphone, with the same google account as on my rpi3b.
And guess, on this device it does speak dutch.

I dont want to speak to my cellphone in my house and still trying to get my rpi3b google home in the right language...
Someone an idea?
Go to the Settings in the Google Assistant app on your smartphone, scroll down to "Devices", and you should see "Voice Kit" in the list. If you select it, is there an option to choose the language that it uses? If so, changing the language there should work, although you may need to restart your Pi for it to take effect. If not, I'm not sure how to change the language, because I could swear I've seen a language setting there before, but it's not showing up for me now.

pvklink

Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:51 pm

I do see my raspberry speaker device in the google assistant in my cellphone and tablet..
i do not have a language setting in the device part of this...
I can set general language settings for my google assistent....
The default for that is the default of the device itself...dutch..

Return to “General discussion”