zacy5000

Motion password protection

Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:47 pm

Is it possible to password protect the motion viewing page? The only good thing I could find was this: http://www.lavrsen.dk/foswiki/bin/view/ ... mAuthPatch
But I tried the instructions and I might have done something wrong but I don't know where i have gone wrong. I don't know how to rebuild.

Thanks,
Isaac

PS: Is it possible to put audio on the webpage using the webcams built-in microphone or a external 3.5mm jack microphone? :D :D :D :D

zacy5000

Re: Motion password protection

Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:52 pm

Please help. I'm thinking of making it public(using port forwarding)but I can't till I manage to password protect it.

MmmPi

Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:31 pm

Actually it seems you need to use Apache or another server to password protect the stream. See comment / link here
Can you get a decent frame rate & resolution from your camera? The Pi's usb issues seem pretty limiting.

zacy5000

Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:24 am

Thanks for the reply. I will have to look in to the link. I did have it working perfect till my raspberry pi went wrong and I had not backed it up. I had to configure it all over again but I can get it to run as smoothly as before.

thomaszofo

Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:10 am

I also had this question and settled for a work around. I just full screen the browser on the RaspPi, then VNC to it, so I see a full screen vid when I log in, that has password protection and 128 bit encryption.

I also am using a program called scrot for screen shots that are emailed to me using cron, but had to add DISPLAY=:0 before the scrot command to get it to work, and sendEmail seems to work the best, but to get apt-get to install sendEmail had to do, apt-get install sendemail, instead of apt-get install sendEmail, so for that I do crontab -e, then add:

30 5 * * * DISPLAY=:0 scrot /home/pi/camera/picture.png
31 5 * * * sendEmail -f youremail@gmail.com -t emailtosendto@gmail.com -u subject -m "message txt of email" -s smtp.googlemail.com:587 -xu username -xp password -o tls=yes -a /home/pi/camera/picture.png

that dose a screen shot at 5:30am of the full screen video then emails it to me using gmail, adding your own email addresses, username, password, and directory where your having scrot send the .png file of course, :D going a bit off topic there sorry, but hope it helps others save some time.

tbsf

Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:38 pm

This is pretty easy to do in motion 4.0 (maybe earlier). Set stream_auth_method to 1 or 2, then add your username:password to stream_authentication.

Return to “General discussion”