Page 3 of 3

Re: Current Farnell Delivery Time

Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:36 am
by freedomotic
Hi, I'm in Italy.
The raspi has been shipped on 17 October.
Estimated delivery on 22 October.
No yet.
I sent an email to export@farnell.com to receive a tracking number (if possible) but no reply.
Do you know if they ship by mail outside UK?

Re: Current Farnell Delivery Time

Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:57 am
by pcravero
freedomotic wrote:Hi, I'm in Italy.
Do you know if they ship by mail outside UK?
I'm in Italy too. In July 2012 mine came from Farnell UK via the regular mail. No tracking. Neighbours got it the same way.

p

PS: same goes for RS, shipped with Deutsche Post without tracking.

Re: Current Farnell Delivery Time

Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:10 pm
by freedomotic
pcravero wrote:
freedomotic wrote:Hi, I'm in Italy.
Do you know if they ship by mail outside UK?
I'm in Italy too. In July 2012 mine came from Farnell UK via the regular mail. No tracking. Neighbours got it the same way.

p

PS: same goes for RS, shipped with Deutsche Post without tracking.
Thanks for reply.
How many days has your delivery required from Farnell?

Re: Current Farnell Delivery Time

Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:16 pm
by pluggy
Ordered 20th October
Notified of Despatch very early (04:46) 25th October
Arrived today - 26th October
Latest 512MB board "Made in the UK" shipped by 2nd Class Royal Mail

Re: Current Farnell Delivery Time

Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:27 pm
by Cotard
Hi, i'm from Spain.

The raspi has been shipped on 17 October.
And today waiting. Send an email to Farnell and was told to wait until Tuesday, but instead try to send another notice.

I haven't luck. Waiting one RP of RS since july and now another of Farnell :cry:

Re: Current Farnell Delivery Time

Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:48 pm
by Galaxynik
pluggy wrote:Ordered 20th October
Notified of Despatch very early (04:46) 25th October
Arrived today - 26th October
Latest 512MB board "Made in the UK" shipped by 2nd Class Royal Mail

+1

Re: Current Farnell Delivery Time

Posted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:18 pm
by camperov
Cotard wrote:The raspi has been shipped on 17 October.
And today waiting. Send an email to Farnell and was told to wait until Tuesday, but instead try to send another notice.
The delivery of my Pi also took a bit longer than anticipated - shipped on 17th, arrived today.
When entering the address, I entered a company name as "Address 1" and the street name as "Address 2" . Unfortunately, company and street name were printed in a single line on the address label, and the street name was cut off right in the middle, so the mail service had to determine the correct address first.

Re: Current Farnell Delivery Time

Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:15 am
by Cotard
camperov wrote:
Cotard wrote:The raspi has been shipped on 17 October.
And today waiting. Send an email to Farnell and was told to wait until Tuesday, but instead try to send another notice.
The delivery of my Pi also took a bit longer than anticipated - shipped on 17th, arrived today.
When entering the address, I entered a company name as "Address 1" and the street name as "Address 2" . Unfortunately, company and street name were printed in a single line on the address label, and the street name was cut off right in the middle, so the mail service had to determine the correct address first.
I just received my Raspberry made ​​in UK with 512 MB ​​of RAM. I'm a little happier than yesterday. 8-)

For if it helps:

Order Number ORP0864XX.

Order on October 3, sent 17 and received in Spain on October 29.

Re: Current Farnell Delivery Time

Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:21 am
by shuckle
Ordered:17 October
Shipped:24 October
Arrived: 30 October

To Finland. Not bad,

Re: Current Farnell Delivery Time

Posted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:15 am
by kayomani
Ordered last week for England.

Not got the actual date for the of the PI yet but I got this one:

Description

POWER SUPPLY, MICRO USB, 5V,1A

Qty Ordered

1

Qty to
Follow

Estimated Delivery

1

W/C 18/03/2013

4 months oof.

Re: Current Farnell Delivery Time

Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:39 pm
by Scooby2
kayomani wrote:Ordered last week for England.

Not got the actual date for the of the PI yet but I got this one:

Description

POWER SUPPLY, MICRO USB, 5V,1A

Qty Ordered

1

Qty to
Follow

Estimated Delivery

1

W/C 18/03/2013

4 months oof.
You need to talk to your supplier. If you ordered from CPC I doubt they will treat you like this. You can see if they are in stock here:
http://cpc.farnell.com/jsp/search/produ ... ku=SC12590 and look under "Availability" (surprise, surprise!)
They have been in stock at CPC since early December and Lucy in International Sales (InternationalSales@cpc.co.uk) is very helpful. If you really are having such issues try "CPC are here to answer questions" here:
http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/viewt ... 23&t=16105
I've been ordering from CPC with delivery to Spain for 5 years and their service is very good - my last order from them took only 2 days from ordering to receiving the parcel.

BTW I have a Pi being shipped tonight. I'll update this post with its progress.

Re: Current Farnell Delivery Time

Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:51 pm
by Scooby2
kayomani wrote:Ordered last week for England.

Not got the actual date for the of the PI yet but I got this one:

Description

POWER SUPPLY, MICRO USB, 5V,1A

Qty Ordered

1

Qty to
Follow

Estimated Delivery

1

W/C 18/03/2013

4 months oof.
My experience with CPC has been nothing like this. They have been delivering to me in Spain for about 5 years and the service is very good. The Pi is in stock and has been since early December. If you really do have issues, go to "CPC are here to answer questions" here:

http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/viewt ... 23&t=16105

FYI I have one being shipped out tonight. I'll update this post with its progress.

Re: Current Farnell Delivery Time

Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:28 pm
by Scooby2
DUPLICATION!!!! Sorry, I didn't realise that all forum posts are moderated before they show in the discussion. I only just spotted the message which flashed up (too briefly!) when I sent the second of the above posts.

Delivery update: UPS tracking now says:
A UPS shipping label has been created. Once the shipment arrives at our facility, the tracking status--including the scheduled delivery date--will be updated.