Page 2 of 3

Re: Current Farnell Delivery Time

Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:33 pm
by Dweeber
Gets really confusing when people don't include where they are located.

Farnell is a huge umbrella company with many localized distributors going by many different names. In the UK I think it is just Farnell... But in the US it is Newark, MCM and others with Element14 sites which then point to Newark etc...

So when you say you ordered from Farnell... it really doesn't indicate where your order went and which queue you are in.

My order was with Newark on the 15th and it shipped the next day (should be here today or tomorrow), they ran out but the MCM got stock and announced the next day ... both in the US.

Re: Current Farnell Delivery Time

Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:45 pm
by relnext
ordered the new 512 and it arrived in less than 48 hrs from Newark.
incredible.

Re: Current Farnell Delivery Time

Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:46 pm
by sadlyatworktoday
Dweeber wrote:Gets really confusing when people don't include where they are located.

Farnell is a huge umbrella company with many localized distributors going by many different names. In the UK I think it is just Farnell... But in the US it is Newark, MCM and others with Element14 sites which then point to Newark etc...

So when you say you ordered from Farnell... it really doesn't indicate where your order went and which queue you are in.

My order was with Newark on the 15th and it shipped the next day (should be here today or tomorrow), they ran out but the MCM got stock and announced the next day ... both in the US.
fair point...

Ordered from farnel UK on 14th October (2:59pm), on 16th October (11:26am) received a 'your order has been shipped' email. I am in the UK no Pi as yet....

Re: Current Farnell Delivery Time

Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:52 pm
by summers
summers wrote:Ordered 9/10/12 form Farnel UK, shipped 16/10/12. Expecting it to land on the doormat today or tomorrow.
And arrived today with a nice little message:

"We have a little surprise for you ... Inside the box is a new Raspberyy Pi with 512MB RAM waiting for you!"

:)

Re: Current Farnell Delivery Time

Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:58 pm
by fos
I ordered one Monday morning from Newark delivering to Houston, TX. It arrived today (RPi 512k).

Can't beat service like that!

fos

Re: Current Farnell Delivery Time

Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:50 am
by RaTTuS
RaTTuS wrote:ordered on the 15th expected
W/C 22/10/2012
and I got the your RPi has been shipped yesterday evening so I should get it today [though I'm not in]

Re: Current Farnell Delivery Time

Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:11 am
by sadlyatworktoday
sadlyatworktoday wrote:
Dweeber wrote:Gets really confusing when people don't include where they are located.

Farnell is a huge umbrella company with many localized distributors going by many different names. In the UK I think it is just Farnell... But in the US it is Newark, MCM and others with Element14 sites which then point to Newark etc...

So when you say you ordered from Farnell... it really doesn't indicate where your order went and which queue you are in.

My order was with Newark on the 15th and it shipped the next day (should be here today or tomorrow), they ran out but the MCM got stock and announced the next day ... both in the US.
fair point...

Ordered from farnel UK on 14th October (2:59pm), on 16th October (11:26am) received a 'your order has been shipped' email. I am in the UK no Pi as yet....
and recieved 18th Oct (09:01am) :D

Re: Current Farnell Delivery Time

Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:50 pm
by thsBavR10
(RPi 512MB - Germany)
- ordered 15th Oct (11 am),
- delivered 18th Oct. (3 pm)
Great!

Re: Current Farnell Delivery Time

Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:39 am
by heavenknows
I ordered on Wednesday (17th Oct) from Farnell UK and have just been emailed a note saying that expected delivery is week commencing 12/11/2012 which is a bit of a shame as judging by this thread I thought delivery times had improved.

Maybe the 512 has caused a bit of a rush on stock.

Re: Current Farnell Delivery Time

Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:14 pm
by itimpi
I ordered on Monday (15th) with an estimated delivery of next week (week commencing 22/10).. I got the dispatched email on Wednesday (17th) and delivery today (19th). I can see there having been a spike in orders, adding slightly to the lead time, but it does at least appear as if Farnell are meeting or bettering their estimate for delivery.

Re: Current Farnell Delivery Time

Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:36 pm
by itkis
I ordered on 6th October from Farnell UK and got an order shipped e-mail yesterday (18th October).

Re: Current Farnell Delivery Time

Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:26 pm
by Albe605C
itkis wrote:I ordered on 6th October from Farnell UK and got an order shipped e-mail yesterday (18th October).
I ordered 5 oct. (in the afternoon), I got shipping notification 18th too. I hope to receive the 512mb pi.

Re: Current Farnell Delivery Time

Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:44 pm
by Cotard
I ordered on 3th October, order number ORP0864XX from Farnell UK and got an order shipped e-mail 17th October. I look forward to the Monday morning to have it in my hands. 8-)

Re: Current Farnell Delivery Time

Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:53 pm
by PiRSqrd
I had an email on the 16th saying it has left the warehouse, however no pi as yet, any idea who delivers these things (in the UK) and can it be tracked?

Re: Current Farnell Delivery Time

Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:13 pm
by sparky_132
I'm in the UK.
Ordered from Farnell on Sat eve 13th Oct.
Despatch notice received Wed 17th Oct 17:30
Raspberry Pi Delivered (512MB version) Fri 19th Oct!
Delivery was via Royal Mail, 2nd class, so no tracking codes.

Re: Current Farnell Delivery Time

Posted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:02 am
by bugmenot3
ordered: 16.10.
estimated delivery: 12/11/2012
Location: Germany

so i'll have to wait a bit...

Re: Current Farnell Delivery Time

Posted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:39 pm
by jelopo
Ordered a Rpi from France on the 5 Oct. Order shipped email today 20th Oct. Waiting for delivery...

Re: Current Farnell Delivery Time

Posted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:55 am
by rmwebs
heavenknows wrote:I ordered on Wednesday (17th Oct) from Farnell UK and have just been emailed a note saying that expected delivery is week commencing 12/11/2012 which is a bit of a shame as judging by this thread I thought delivery times had improved.

Maybe the 512 has caused a bit of a rush on stock.
I'm in the same situation (also ordered on the Wednesday).

Re: Current Farnell Delivery Time

Posted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:26 pm
by PiRSqrd
PiRSqrd wrote:I had an email on the 16th saying it has left the warehouse, however no pi as yet, any idea who delivers these things (in the UK) and can it be tracked?
No pi yet, I'm a bit concerned as it appears most are getting them within a day or two and mines no show after day 4.

They said it could take 2 - 5 working days, so if I don't get it tomorrow I will either call or email, anyone been in this situation?

Re: Current Farnell Delivery Time

Posted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:55 pm
by cnt
I just got an email allowing me to order from newark (farnell's USA partner) via phone (i "registered my interest" the day the 512mb version got announced). The lady that took my order gave me the ship date of Nov 26th.

Re: Current Farnell Delivery Time

Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:02 pm
by jlreeves
Ordered from Newark/Element 14 on October 15th (U.S. address), and it shipped on the 22nd. I can track it and it will be at my house on the 24th. This is great.
On the other hand, I ordered one from RS in July and have yet to hear or receive anything from them.
Great job Farnell!

Re: Current Farnell Delivery Time

Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:59 pm
by Albe605C
My second pi from Farnell arrived today (23 Oct.), 512Mb version :D, rational wainting time.
Only the package are very poor. The raspberry pi's carton box was a bit crushed but luckily the pi was perfectly intact. I try it and it work fine.

Re: Current Farnell Delivery Time

Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:15 pm
by Dweeber
Albe605C wrote:My second pi from Farnell arrived today (23 Oct.), 512Mb version :D, rational wainting time.
Only the package are very poor. The raspberry pi's carton box was a bit crushed but luckily the pi was perfectly intact. I try it and it work fine.
My latest one came in a box that was a bit crushed as well but the unit was fine.

Re: Current Farnell Delivery Time

Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:20 am
by o9p0
Portugal
Ordered: 2012-10-15 23:00
Received: 2012-10-23

:D

Re: Current Farnell Delivery Time

Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:18 pm
by DukeOfTarporley
im in the uk
3 pi arrived today. 3 little boxes in one padded envelope. ordered 6 days ago.

They were posted through the letter box, no signing required which was useful as I was out.

no reason for me to change supplier

this reminds me I still have a live order with RS from July..... I had better cancel it!