perebraco

LED indicators

Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:27 pm

hello people of this forum!
i've got a question for you
is it possible to add a small led like this one https://www.adafruit.com/product/1755 to the raspberry pi 3 as an indicator light off-board?
i'm thinking of making a small emulation station, retro pie gaming console, so to speak.
i would need an LED indication that it's on, in sleep mode and off.
and also a button to put it in those stated, for example: when off,press the button and raspberry pi will turn on, press it again while on and it will go to sleep, and hold the button to shut down while sleeping or on.
thank you for your replies!

Jednorozec

Re: LED indicators

Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:42 pm

Why do you think that the RPi has a sleep mode?
The most important leg of a three legged stool is the one that's missing.
It's called thinking. Why don't you try it sometime?

pcmanbob

Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:03 pm

To shutdown your pi you can use a button and some simple python code to execute an orderly shutdown of the OS which is what is required but it will not de-power the pi to do that you need to remove the 5v supply, reconnecting the 5v supply will cause your pi to power up.

if you want all this to happen using buttons only to both shutdown and de-power your pi you need to use external hardware.
We want information… information… information........................no information no help
The use of crystal balls & mind reading are not supported

W. H. Heydt

Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:14 am

In addition to what pcmanbob said above, if you don't remove the power, you can restart your Pi with a button that connects to the "Run" header holes.

Return to “General discussion”