mattmiller

Re: Still only one rpi zero per purchase?

Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:31 pm

ou're allowed one RPiZ per order, get over it.
You've not been keeping up with recent information - its has been officially said by JamesH that we are only allowed to buy 1 in total (barring ones with headers)

At least one retailer has been reported as implementing this policy

jamesh
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator

Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:32 pm

Imperf3kt wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:23 pm
The issue, as I see it, is you've got the Raspberry Pi foundation saying you can only buy one per person and at the same time, on the forums here, official representatives are encouraging people to buy more than one.

Make up your minds. Either enforce this silly rule or pull it out. Right now it feels like Pi Towers staff are disfunctional and nobody knows what they're doing, communication between marketing and sales and every other division is disjointed and unprofessional.
Which official representatives? Possibly me, before I was told about the limit (and that was because I walked over to the guy who deals with this stuff and asked him), but others? Mods don't make official RPF statements, only RPF employees can possibly do that, and even then, we could be overruled if we are wrong!
Principal Software Engineer at Raspberry Pi (Trading) Ltd.
Contrary to popular belief, humorous signatures are allowed. Here's an example...
“I think it’s wrong that only one company makes the game Monopoly.” – Steven Wright

jamesh

Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:33 pm

Going to close this thread soon. Run its course.
Contrary to popular belief, humorous signatures are allowed. Here's an example...
“I think it’s wrong that only one company makes the game Monopoly.” – Steven Wright

hippy

Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:05 pm

jamesh wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:33 pm
Going to close this thread soon. Run its course.
Before you do, can you confirm that the official policy for the $5 priced Zero and $10 priced Zero W is one per customer ( per vendor ), and not -
DougieLawson wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:05 pm
You're allowed one RPiZ per order, get over it.

jamesh

Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:07 pm

For the hard of reading (because I wrote this above), the official line is one per person.

Return to “General discussion”