sdjf

Re: RS & Allied Update #4 (10th Oct)

Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:15 am

@Vax: It looks like Liz's statement was easy to misread, it only says customers of RS and Element14/Newark were getting shipped the newest combination including 512MB.

But you did not get stripped - you ordered 256 and got 256. You got misled about an upgrade that some - not all - but some, customers are getting.

Search the recent threads for posts by Lob0xx (I forgot his complete id). He was told that if he wanted to return his 256 he could reorder a 512, not exchange. Some of his posts are above yours in this thread.

But Allied orders are ten digits and you just posted 8 digits, it would help the rest of us in the queue to know when you ordered and where the other x's go in your privatizing your order number.

It looks like RS shipped old boards to Allied, the same as any bulk customer. And so Allied customers with outstanding orders are getting upset when they get those boards as they think of themselves as RS customers to whom Liz's announcement applies, but it clearly does not. Allied is getting treated like any other outside vendor by RS, despite them being subsidiaries of RS, as far as orders go. Allied got shipped version 1 boards by RS and is shipping those to customers.

That thing about the chip shortage - well, when they finally got Broadcom chips back in, they put them in the remaining vers 1 boards on hand to use up that stock, so even though vers 2 came out during that period, there still were version 1 parts floating around they had to use up before manufacturing with the version 2 parts. That is my understanding.
FORUM TIP: To view someone's posting history, sign in, click on their user name, then on "Search User's Posts." || Running ArchLinuxArm on Model 2B and 512MB Model B

noisymime

Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:19 am

I'm another one in the boat of likely getting a 256mb, though I haven't yet received a shipment notification. I cancelled my order on the 14th when rumours of the 512mb came out, but got a notice a few days later saying it had already been sent for dispatch on the 10th. What a joke.

Order number was in the 119xxx range.

Yes, you might say I'm just getting what I ordered, but how poor at being on online retailer do you have to be if you can't manage to get a PRE-order delivered before it's superseded by a newer model? From what I'm seeing here, the people who ordered 1-2 days after me are going to get their units before me AND they'll be the newer ones.

Chejo

Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:29 pm

Just received mine 134xxx ordered on 30 June. It's the new 512MB version.

fox366

Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:53 pm

My order number is 132XXX. I sent [email protected] an email because I did not hear anything after Oct 14th. I got this reply on Oct 19th. I never received a "dispatch confirmation" email.
Good Afternoon,

Good News! Your order was dispatched on Thursday 18th October, we sent a dispatch confirmation to all orders that were to be sent out, apologies if you didn't receive one. On said email it states that we are expecting shipping to take 5 days for European countries, and 21 Days for Countries Outside of Europe. As for tracking information, we are sending via DHL Post, which has no track and trace capability.

If you do not receive your package within this time frame please email [email protected] with your order reference and we will investigate into the location of your package. If you require a change of details I am afraid we cannot amend shipping addresses at the point of dispatch. However once delivery has been attempted and failed we will attempt to get in contact with you regarding either an updated or alternate address.

I can confirm that you are due to receive the Rev 2.0 with 512mb Ram.

Thank you for your patience

Raspberry Pi Team

php-freak

Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:08 pm

Yes, they have a problem with on their side. I hope my Pi will arrive tomorror.

Gyo

Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:21 pm

Great, the news announcement said everybody who gets their pi Oct 15th or after will get the 512mb version. Got mine yesterday after almost 4months and its 256mb. Thanks for nothing.

snuggles0010

Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:11 pm

Got my pi today, 512 rev 2, but memory not Hynix and it says made in the uk? Do they make them in the uk?

natural

Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:37 pm

Hi!
I ordered my PI on Sept. 26.
My order number is 189xxx
I hoped a got the 512RAM version, but I read this FAQ today... It's really true?
http://raspberrypi.rsdelivers.com/stati ... i/faq.aspx
"I have placed an order which has not yet been despatched. Will I receive the 512MB Revision 2 version?
On Monday 15th October we announced the launch of the 512MB Revision 2 Raspberry Pi board. If your order is despatched after Monday 15th October you will automatically receive the 512MB Revision 2 board at no extra cost. If your order was despatched before this date you will receive the 256MB Revision 1 board.
"

natural

Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:47 pm

Hi!
I hoped a got the 512RAM version, but I read this FAQ today... It's really true?
"I have placed an order which has not yet been despatched. Will I receive the 512MB Revision 2 version?
On Monday 15th October we announced the launch of the 512MB Revision 2 Raspberry Pi board. If your order is despatched after Monday 15th October you will automatically receive the 512MB Revision 2 board at no extra cost. If your order was despatched before this date you will receive the 256MB Revision 1 board.
"

sh2606

Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:54 pm

Gyo wrote:Great, the news announcement said everybody who gets their pi Oct 15th or after will get the 512mb version. Got mine yesterday after almost 4months and its 256mb. Thanks for nothing.
The news said that all pis shipped after oct 15th will be 512mb, not all pis received after oct 15th...
natural wrote:Hi!
"
You will get 512 MB, because your order number will be shipped/despatched later than oct 15th (as of the table in the faqs you will get your pi end of november)

natural

Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:05 pm

sh2606 wrote:
Gyo wrote:Great, the news announcement said everybody who gets their pi Oct 15th or after will get the 512mb version. Got mine yesterday after almost 4months and its 256mb. Thanks for nothing.
The news said that all pis shipped after oct 15th will be 512mb, not all pis received after oct 15th...
natural wrote:Hi!
"
You will get 512 MB, because your order number will be shipped/despatched later than oct 15th (as of the table in the faqs you will get your pi end of november)
Thanx, it's great news.
I hope you are right :)

Lob0426

Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:46 pm

"On Monday 15th October we announced the launch of the 512MB Revision 2 Raspberry Pi board. If your order is despatched after Monday 15th October you will automatically receive the 512MB Revision 2 board at no extra cost. If your order was despatched before this date you will receive the 256MB Revision 1 board."
So that pretty much confirms that those people that waited the longest, will get "rewarded" for their loyalty by not canceling. That is one heck of a loyalty rewards program there! There is only one way to repay that kind of loyalty program, order somewhere else.

Dumping all your old stock, to a supplier in another country, so you do not have to hear the complaints is pretty low.

Obviously they had hundreds of revision 1.0's to dump, so why did they not fulfill some of the thousands of back-orders rather than make people wait. My guess is these were held back for defective returns.

Of course we now know why they have not been giving us up to date information. A lot more people would have canceled their RS/Allied orders!
512MB version 2.0 as WordPress Server
Motorola Lapdock with Pi2B
Modded Rev 1.0 with pin headers at USB

http://rich1.dyndns.tv/
(RS)Allied ships old stock to reward its Customers for long wait!

sserge

Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:25 am

Where can I find an updated despatch schedule? My order number (1010 130***) should have been despatch by Oct 14th according to the RS website, but still no sign of a despatch notification.

sh2606

Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:39 am

130xxx should have been shipped this week, some notification emails were not sent, but some 13xxxx have received their pis already.

madrian

Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:42 am

I would suggest to RS to stop selling Raspberry Pi's, why? My friend ordered from Farnell at this Monday and he got his Pi at this Friday (512MB). WTF is wrong with RS?

sserge

Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:13 pm

Fox366 was told that DHL Post do not track. Wrong. This is the link to track & trace DHL Post (different from DHL Express):
http://nolp.dhl.de/nextt-online-public/ ... earch=true
So if anyone who received his packet could tell us what RS used as a reference number for the consignment if at all (was it the order number?), we could then track our Raspberrys en route. Or perhaps RS would oblige and send the waybill number? I could cut out 2-3 days from delivery by picking it up from the depot within walking distance.

steve.soper

Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:59 pm

Well surprise surprise. As said above the loyal customers who decided not to cancel on RS got the short end of the stick with the crap old stock. On top of having to wait over 3 months for my order I find out this morning mine is defective. This is absolutely the worst company I have ever had to deal with. I do agree this is why they are not giving out updated information. It also appears that they ship items as people complain so they have no chance to cancel. This is a despicable business who knows nothing will ever happen to them. Ive already convinced my company to never use RS components again for anything. Its such a shame too.... trying to do something good for the community and they turn it into a cluster.

noisymime

Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:36 am

Just because I need a bit of a rant on this, let's break down the latest email I received from RS:
"we sent a dispatch confirmation to all orders that were to be sent out, apologies if you didn't receive one."
Then you need to check your mail server because it appears no one is getting these emails, it's not just me.
As for tracking information, we are sending via DHL Mail, which has no track and trace capability.
What an incredible load of crap. RPi's from RS have been going out by DHL for months with tracking numbers. Stop telling us BS.
The reason for this is to prevent heavy custom duties on your package however this means a 21 day delivery time from the point of dispatch.
There's customs duties to track a parcel now? [Citation needed]
...if you accept delivery then decide to return your order using the link below please email us a copy of the postage receipt and this will also be refunded.
Ohhh you better believe I will be.

madrian

Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:54 pm

I got my 128xxx order. It was sent by regular post, not DHL. No tracking number available, the registered mail is too expensive?

Made in UK, 512MB.

No more ordering from RS.

openloopx

Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:16 pm

My order #136xxx arrived today. Rev 2. Plugged in supplied SD card with OS and all OK.

sserge

Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:56 pm

There's customs duties to track a parcel now? [Citation needed]
What they said in this case may be true, but only if you live outside the EU. Within the EU, you will not be charged duty since goods are being sent from within the community.

And like I said earlier, if this is being sent as a packet, DHL do provide tracking but at a different site (link given earlier). Anyone has any info on this? Did you have a tracking number/barcode on the packet itself?

Lob0426

Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:07 pm

I have an update for RS/Allied.

They have not bothered to look into the issue of shipping old boards to the people that waited the longest for their orders. Instead they have confirmed that they, knowingly and pruposefully, shipped Rev 1.0 boards to those customers that waited the longest. I guess their thought is that you, the people that waited so long, are just lucky to get a RasPi at all, from them!

UPDATE: I ordered three 512MB boards from Newark/Element14. They are quoting November 26 as the ship date. They usually beat their shipping date quotes, instead of passing them.

sdjf

Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:53 pm

@lob0426: Did Allied say anything about how many rev 1 boards they have? Or how many customers are waiting in line for a Pi? I am not happy that [email protected] has not yet posted the promised Allied shipping schedule, that is not cool.
FORUM TIP: To view someone's posting history, sign in, click on their user name, then on "Search User's Posts." || Running ArchLinuxArm on Model 2B and 512MB Model B

Lob0426

Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:41 pm

No they have not said how many Rev. 1.0 were shipped to their loyal customers.

They also have not said how many are on their waiting list. They will probably never give you a timeline for the U.S deliveries. They just do not have a handle on their production figures at all.

Though they state they are dedicated to customer service, they have unfortunately proved the opposite.

Durazell

Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:50 pm

I expressed my interest to RS in March, but they messed up and lost my registration so I had to re-register in May (after that I got registration mail three times :o). My pi should have dispatched before 14th October, but surprise - they didn't send it before I complained. Now, from last friday on my pi have been in "shipped" state, meaning i got shipment sent email from rs, but haven't got any kind of order tracking no. from anyone. Destination is in europe so in theory it should be here this week.

Return to “General discussion”