Lob0426

Re: RS & Allied Update #4 (10th Oct)

Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:59 pm

sh2606 wrote:Got an e-mail today on 17:06.
Your Raspberry Pi order was despatched today.
If you ordered a Raspberry Pi board as part of your order we are pleased to inform you that we have sent you the upgraded 512MB Revision 2 board to thank you for your continued patience.
We hope this upgrade is acceptable to you.
Yeah, i think this is acceptable after 16 weeks of waiting ;)

Order number 1292xx (ordered 29th June) with destination Germany.

I hope the Black Case from RS fits for Rev2 (perhaps using the new mounting holes?).

Does anybody know from experience, how long shipping to Germany takes? In the mail it says within 5 days, has someone better estimations? ;)
I am glad some people are being rewarded for their patience! :lol:
512MB version 2.0 as WordPress Server
Motorola Lapdock with Pi2B
Modded Rev 1.0 with pin headers at USB

http://rich1.dyndns.tv/
(RS)Allied ships old stock to reward its Customers for long wait!

Wizard

Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:20 pm

Then something must be wrong with my order...

101017nnn is my lottery ticket and still no joy... :/
Have now sent email asking for estimate.

Good thing I ordered from many sources and already own 6 pi's ;)
Raspberry Pi - finally a worthy replacement for A500!!!

eedv

Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:12 am

BoggieXL wrote:My RaspPi arrived from RS today to Sweden.
Ordered June 27th, order no 1173xx.
It's a Rev B1.1 according to label.
Zero ohm polyfuses, no mounting holes.
My order number is 1172xx and I´m still waiting for RS to ship my raspberry pi :x

kspn

Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:34 am

I am still waiting for my 'dispatched' 085xxx order to arrive, but without the tracking ID it is a bit hard to work out where it is :cry:

I am sure that Rs is doing their best to handle the 10,000+% over-interest in the RasPi but it doesn't make the waiting any easier :(
No Coffee, No Workee

php-freak

Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:00 am

Hey,
My order number is 131XXX, I expected it a week ago or so but whats the current status? I really like the idea of an website where you can see the last ordernumber shipped (livetime would be awesome. A website where you can see the shippingnumbers raising :D )

Would be nice if anyone who got an shipping mail today can write his ordernumber.

PS: Sorry for my bad english :)

4everAnoob

Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:17 am

eedv wrote:
My order number is 1172xx and I´m still waiting for RS to ship my raspberry pi :x
How do you know you're still waiting? Because I didn't receive a dispatch email, I actually asked them what was going on and they replied saying mine would be dispatched that day. So it probably has been dispatched. If it hasn't, consider yourself lucky because you will get a 512mb RPi. But by all means contact them through email to let them know you are not impressed by their unprofessional way of dealing with business.

neil2909

Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:54 am

RS one arived last week, ordered the same time as the farnell one which arrived in July :lol:

Lob0426

Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:59 am

To RS/Allied Representatives:

While RS is rewarding their European customers; see link below
http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/viewt ... 81#p195881

Their U.S. affiliate is currently shipping old stock, in the U. S., to customers
http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/viewt ... 13#p195713

I have been in Contact with your U.S. affiliate about this issue! See prior posts.

I am asking why there is such a difference in policy between you and your Affiliate company?

I believe this issue needs to be addressed by You (RS) and your Affiliate.

Thank you for your time!

madrian

Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:55 pm

". As for tracking information, we are sending via DHL Post, which has no track and trace capability.
The reason for this is to prevent heavy custom duties on your package however this means a 21 day delivery time from the point of dispatch."

What? no tracking number to prevent custom duties? :D in EU there is no custom control (eu-eu shipping) or they are coming from china?

ps_bond

Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:39 pm

Well, to add to the dissatisfaction with RS:

I cancelled my order when it became clear that Farnell were able to supply and RS was not. I have now waited significantly longer than the mealy-mouthed "14 working days" for my refund - only to be told that because my credit card has expired in the 4 months since I originally placed my order I need to provide my details again - but no contact method other than email was offered. As if I'm going to put CC details in plaintext.

Since then, no response. RS, you're doing *really* well on customer service; so well in fact that I'm minded to a) take you to the Small Claims Court for your failure to refund money you had no right to take and b) make a formal complaint to Trading Standards about your breach of the Distance Selling Regulations in charging for goods in advance of shipping them.

While I'm at it, I think I'm going to see how best to remove your preferred supplied status here at work as well - we currently get rather a lot of components from you, so I do feel such diligence in service should be amply rewarded.
Peter

Albe605C

Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:53 pm

I ricevided my pi yesterday(16 oct.), nothing email sent me by RS about shipping.
Shipped on 10 oct. by Deutsche post Prioritaire (standard post), I find it in mailbox.
My ord. num. was 1010122xxx, I ordered from Italy.
Ricived v1.1 pi.

sdjf

Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:54 pm

@Lob0426: When RS responds to you, I think an even more powerful statement is the fact they told Liz they would only be shipping vers2 512MB from 15 Oct onwards. Do we have proof yet that Allied shipped old stock to someone on that day or after? I am losing track.

Now maybe Liz meant that her statement only applied to orders placed directly with the parent companies and not their subsidiaries, hard to say where communications broke down.

It is looking like RS is treating Allied like an outside vendor, though, even though they are claiming that they speak for Allied. Sigh.
FORUM TIP: To view someone's posting history, sign in, click on their user name, then on "Search User's Posts." || Running ArchLinuxArm on Model 2B and 512MB Model B

php-freak

Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:01 pm

How can I find out if I ordered at allied or at RS? Both of them are in my order confirmation.

sdjf

Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:48 pm

php-freak wrote:How can I find out if I ordered at allied or at RS? Both of them are in my order confirmation.
Your order number is a good clue, if it starts something like 101xxxxx it is RS, if it starts 250xxxxxxxx then it is Allied.

My Allied order is 2500237xxx.

If you look at the RS estimated ship table, all those orders start with "10".

If you ordered at RS regular web instead of their Pi store, then your order might have a different number.

Also look at the location on the email. I think it will be Texas if it was Allied, the UK if it was RS. My order confirmation is not handy, so cannot check that, but RS itself is not in Texas, they are in the UK.
FORUM TIP: To view someone's posting history, sign in, click on their user name, then on "Search User's Posts." || Running ArchLinuxArm on Model 2B and 512MB Model B

php-freak

Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:36 pm

My order number is 1314XX. It says: "Allied Electronics & RS Components Order Confirmation" and come from: [email protected]

If I look at the tables it should have shipped a few days ago but I am still waiting...

SiriusHardware

Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:49 pm

A couple of days ago I reported having received my long awaited RS order (127xxx) for a Pi, PSU, case, and preloaded SD card. Not only was it a 512MB revision 2 version, but it was also, to my surprise, 'a made in the UK' unit. Why was I surprised by that, well, all previous publicity relating to the Welsh - made Pi only ever referenced Farnell/Element 14, never RS - so it seemed reasonable to assume that when my RS Pi arrived, it would be a Chinese made one.

I've just been looking at the receipt I got with it and it goes like this:

Raspberry Pi Type B Single Board Computer
CofO: China

4GB SD card with Raspberry Pi OS installed
CofO: UK

Raspberry Pi Type B Case - Clear
CofO: (not stated!)

Micro USB power supply for Raspberry Pi
CofO: China.

Notice the stated country of origin for the Pi? China.

Now, this order was placed a very long time ago when Pis were ONLY being made in China, but this is yet another case of RS spreading confusion and uncertainty where it could be avoided.

Can we please have the definitive answer to this question:

If a Pi has 'Made In The UK' on the PCB, does that mean that it was definitely made in Wales?

Or is the same screen print overlay just being used on all Revision 2 PCBs now, regardless of where they are made? If so, I'd like to suggest it be amended to 'Designed in the UK'.

Lob0426

Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:43 am

sdjf wrote:@Lob0426: When RS responds to you, I think an even more powerful statement is the fact they told Liz they would only be shipping vers2 512MB from 15 Oct onwards. Do we have proof yet that Allied shipped old stock to someone on that day or after? I am losing track.

Now maybe Liz meant that her statement only applied to orders placed directly with the parent companies and not their subsidiaries, hard to say where communications broke down.

It is looking like RS is treating Allied like an outside vendor, though, even though they are claiming that they speak for Allied. Sigh.
The Allied Branch Manager in California Is aware of the issue now. The Allied Customer Rep had already passed the information up the chain.

The Allied "Rep" said that any "orders after today (10/16/12) would be fulfilled with 512MB boards. Even if this included "shipments" after 10/15, mine was shipped 10/13. So the newer order dates have a better chance at a newer board than the oldest order dates. The people that have waited the longest and did not cancel their orders. At least that is how it appears so far.

People that ordered from RS but are U.S. customers will probably (my guess) also receive the newer boards. The problem appears to be Allied to U.S. customers. That is what I would like clarification on. Also how such an old revision was shipped when supposedly NO RasPi were held on hand, at all!

According to Allied what was shipped was what they received. Allied states they had no stock on hand at all. So this board was shipped to Allied, according to Allied, so far.

As you said, It may be that the information that the Foundation receives is only for RS not any of it's affiliates. So a case of poor communication maybe. This seems, unfortunately, to be the norm for any information applicable outside the EU.

It is my hope that hundreds of U.S. customers are not receiving the version 1.0 boards. I hope that this is a rare case affecting very few people. I really have not seen any posts clearly showing either case for U.S. customers yet. Of course there are tens of thousands of people that order Raspberry Pi's that are not members of this forum.

eedv

Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:17 pm

4everAnoob wrote:
eedv wrote:
How do you know you're still waiting? Because I didn't receive a dispatch email, I actually asked them what was going on and they replied saying mine would be dispatched that day. So it probably has been dispatched. If it hasn't, consider yourself lucky because you will get a 512mb RPi. But by all means contact them through email to let them know you are not impressed by their unprofessional way of dealing with business.
I send them an email two days ago but I didn't get a response yet.

eedv

Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:44 pm

Well, finally arrived today. It is a 1.1 revision with 256MB.

php-freak

Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:00 pm

I wroted to Allied and a hour later I got an respond. Looks like they have a problem with their mails because they shipped my order (131XXX) yesterday and I didn't received a mail. I checked my mailservers and they where up since month so the problem have to be on their side. I am really happy that my PI is finally shipped. I am waiting for over 3 months now.

snuggles0010

Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:46 pm

Just got parcel force email saying my pi has been shipped, but

Tracking number does not work?

kspn

Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:44 pm

I sent in a query requesting a tracking number because my delivery had passed the 21 days expected delivery time and the reply I received was as follows:
Hi,
I apologise for the delivery problems you are experiencing. Can i ask you to please send us a revised address and we will ensure that your order is delivered successfully
Kind Regards
Raspberry Pi Team
Now what does that have to do with a tracking ID? Also the delivery address has not changed.

At least I got a response though, that is a good thing I suppose.

I hope that once they get the backlog of orders completed that things improve for them.
No Coffee, No Workee

steve.soper

Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:01 pm

Just received my order from RS directly (Not Allied). Order number 118XXX, ordered June 29th. RS is absolutely lying about not only shipping times but what they are shipping out as of this point. I complained and got actually two different emails; one when responding with my order number in the subject line and the other when responding with [email protected] Board was shipped directly from the UK and is a 1.0B version with no mounting holes. Also, it appears that they are lying about when they shipped these items as I got this shipment from the UK 2 days after they messaged me. I am in Texas BTW.

RaspberryPi
Oct 17 (1 day ago)

to me
Good afternoon Steve,

Good News! Your order was dispatched on Tuesday 16th October, we sent a dispatch confirmation to all orders that were to be sent out, apologies if you didn't receive one. The email stated that we are expecting shipping to take 5 days for European countries, and 21 Days for Countries Outside of Europe. As for tracking information, we are sending via DHL Post, which has no track and trace capability.
If you do not receive your package within this time frame please email [email protected]
Thank you for your patience

Kind Regards
Raspberry Pi Team

I got the below email yesterday:

RaspberryPi
9:57 AM (7 hours ago)

to me
Good Afternoon,

Good News! Your order was dispatched on Tuesday 9th October, we sent a dispatch confirmation to all orders that were to be sent out, apologies if you didn't receive one. On said email it states that we are expecting shipping to take 5 days for European countries, and 21 Days for Countries Outside of Europe. As for tracking information, we are sending via DHL Post, which has no track and trace capability.

If you do not receive your package within this time frame please email [email protected] with your order reference and we will investigate into the location of your package. If you require a change of details I am afraid we cannot amend shipping addresses at the point of dispatch. However once delivery has been attempted and failed we will attempt to get in contact with you regarding either an updated or alternate address.

Thank you for your patience

Raspberry Pi Team

lluad

Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:14 pm

Another (lack of) delivery data point. I tried to cancel my RS order (1190xx) on October 11th, and was told it couldn't be cancelled as it had already been "taken for despatch" on October 10th.

It's now the 18th, and no delivery notification mail yet.

vax

Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:44 am

Allied US shipped the 256mb on 10/15. Can i get a exchange to the 512MB. I thought all customers got the upgrade free. Order number 2502999x. Feel i got stripped of $35.

Return to “General discussion”