kalehrl

Re: RS & Allied Update #4 (10th Oct)

Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:37 pm

madrian wrote:Hi,

my order number is 128xxxx (RS!), 121xxxx’s was shipped on wednesday. I think mine (128xxxx) will be shipped on today/tomorrow. Can I hope for a new 512MB version?
Please answer this question and an additional from me.
My order number is 168xxx.
Can I hope for a 512MB version?

RaTTuS

Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:39 pm

kalehrl wrote:

my order number is 128xxxx (RS!), 121xxxx’s was shipped on wednesday. I think mine (128xxxx) will be shipped on today/tomorrow. Can I hope for a new 512MB version?
if it ships today or later it will be 512
How To ask Questions :- http://www.catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
WARNING - some parts of this post may be erroneous YMMV

1QC43qbL5FySu2Pi51vGqKqxy3UiJgukSX
Covfefe

snuggles0010

Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:53 pm

At least the wait let us get 512 MB of ram! :D

kalehrl

Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:58 pm

RaTTuS wrote:
kalehrl wrote:

if it ships today or later it will be 512
Thanks.
Just read @liz's answer which clears this point:
A very important point: if you have already ordered from either RS or Farnell but have not yet received your Pi, you will be getting a 512MB one.

Cotard

Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:17 pm

BoggieXL wrote:
madrian wrote:
BoggieXL wrote:My RaspPi arrived from RS today to Sweden.
Ordered June 27th, order no 1173xx.
It's a Rev B1.1 according to label.
Zero ohm polyfuses, no mounting holes.
Do you have 512Mb of RAM?
How can I see this?
cat /proc/meminfo | grep MemTotal

[email protected]

Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:32 pm

Hi All,

Just a quick update regarding the 512MB board.
Any orders that have not yet been shipped will be sent the 512MB Revision 2 board.

fornax76 - order numbers beginning with 118XXX should have now been despatched. Please contact our customer services team by emailing [email protected], quoting the full order number, who will able to investigate your order for you.

fornax76

Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:52 pm

Thanks [email protected]

I' ve send an email to the service.
I hope they will find my RasPi :D

Regards
Björn

cornmuffin

Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:59 pm

If I ordered from Allied, how can I cancel it? I ordered months ago and have since ordered and received a pi from elsewhere, so I tried cancelling my order through a link posted in these forums. Unfortunately I think the link might have been RS specific and not for Allied, because that was weeks ago and I never received an email about it and my order is still "pending" in my account.

OwlBoy

Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:01 pm

These topics have very little if any info specific to Allied orders.

Troels

Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:28 pm

[email protected]

How about 119xxx should they also be despatched by now?

sh2606

Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:32 pm

I think it would be better, if you could post regularly the last shipped number, so the questions to specific numbers would decrease and it would be more informative ;)

I guess you are a little bit behind the plan, as I haven't received a shipping notice with order number 1292xx?

hallamen

Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:59 pm

Ordered on June 29th. Number 127xxx

"Your Raspberry Pi order was despatched today.

If you ordered a Raspberry Pi board as part of your order we are pleased to inform you that we have sent you the upgraded 512MB Revision 2 board to thank you for your continued patience.

We hope this upgrade is acceptable to you."

sdjf

Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:36 pm

Lob0426 wrote:2500215xxx from Allied. 14 weeks!

Just received a shipping confirmation E-mail yesterday 10/13/12 ordered 7/6/12.
@Lob0426 When you get your pi, please post whether you got Rev1 or Rev2 and the 512MB version? That will be very helpful.

RS/Allied: Please post estimated shipping schedule for Allied Customers as promised!
FORUM TIP: To view someone's posting history, sign in, click on their user name, then on "Search User's Posts." || Running ArchLinuxArm on Model 2B and 512MB Model B

Lob0426

Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:28 am

Boy!!! I really got hosed by RS. I received the RasPi from them today.
It is a straight version 1.0 256MB (at least it has the samsung) with 140ma polyfuses and D14 in place. 14 weeks and I did not even get resistors. Cpuinfo revision 0002. :shock: Those were supposed to be done weeks ago. Absolutely no gain over what I already had. I would have (did get) got exactly this version more than 20 weeks ago.

It is exactly what I paid for so no real complaint there, but there are going to be a whole slew of people here in the U.S. that are going to be very disappointed. I think they dumped all of their old stock "across the pond"! :( Or they traded their european distributors and sent them here. Either way there will probably be an uproar!

They must have dug this one out of the return bin. I guess the U.S. customers are going to get it in the shorts again. At least it works. Ok so where are thos 500ma polyfuses......Where did I put them anyway!!! ;)

No more RS (or Allied) for me! They really do not know what is going on at all!
512MB version 2.0 as WordPress Server
Motorola Lapdock with Pi2B
Modded Rev 1.0 with pin headers at USB

http://rich1.dyndns.tv/
(RS)Allied ships old stock to reward its Customers for long wait!

4everAnoob

Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:37 am

BoggieXL wrote:My RaspPi arrived from RS today to Sweden.
Ordered June 27th, order no 1173xx.
It's a Rev B1.1 according to label.
Zero ohm polyfuses, no mounting holes.
hallamen wrote:Ordered on June 29th. Number 127xxx

"Your Raspberry Pi order was despatched today.

If you ordered a Raspberry Pi board as part of your order we are pleased to inform you that we have sent you the upgraded 512MB Revision 2 board to thank you for your continued patience.

We hope this upgrade is acceptable to you."
Reading the severely disappoints me. I was hoping that after waiting this long I would:
1. be in possession of a RPi (order 1172xx 27th june)
2. hopefully be in possession of a rev 2 256 mb RPi.
The 512 mb one already seemed unlikely to me, but I cant believe that RS is still sending rev 1 boards out. I am inclined to send mine back if I ever receive it, but by the time i get a 512 mb one there will probably be a quad core 4gb one. RS, this is NOT the way to make customers stick with you. It would be nice to get some form of compensation for this.

sdjf

Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:21 am

@Lob0426 Very sorry to hear you got the vers1 with 256MB from Allied. You may be right, that they sent the rev1's to the USA subsidiary. Liz needs to know that when RS says something, they may ONLY be talking about the head office, not their offshoots. We won't know for sure until folks getting theirs shipped from Allied this week get theirs.

I am two and a half weeks later than you in the queue, no idea if my Pi will be in the current vers1 batch. Waiting for news about order scheduling.

I am more concerned about the version number than memory - power supply could be an issue and will not know until I get my Pi.
FORUM TIP: To view someone's posting history, sign in, click on their user name, then on "Search User's Posts." || Running ArchLinuxArm on Model 2B and 512MB Model B

4everAnoob

Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:38 pm

Typing this from my rev1.1 RPi from RS order 1172xx. About 15 weeks :oops: it took... Good luck to those still waiting. I'd recommend you to prepare the SD card.

Lob0426

Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:33 pm

sdjf wrote:@Lob0426 Very sorry to hear you got the vers1 with 256MB from Allied. You may be right, that they sent the rev1's to the USA subsidiary. Liz needs to know that when RS says something, they may ONLY be talking about the head office, not their offshoots. We won't know for sure until folks getting theirs shipped from Allied this week get theirs.

I am two and a half weeks later than you in the queue, no idea if my Pi will be in the current vers1 batch. Waiting for news about order scheduling.

I am more concerned about the version number than memory - power supply could be an issue and will not know until I get my Pi.
It is a working RasPi. I would really have liked to see how a revision 1.1 worked with no modifications being back fed by a hub. The pink box would have been stolen by my wife anyway, she has a bubble gum pink .22 rifle of all things! :lol:

The 1.1 version seems to have fewer power issues than the version 1.0 boards had. I doubt you will be as unlucky as I was. They can only have so many of those 1.0's sitting around by this time. I really believe someone pulled the box, used for product returns, out and decided to send them, since they had new product coming in. I cannot believe that RS would finish production on a revision this far back just to save a few cents. If it had been a new production it probably would have come in the plastic case!

As to scheduling, I do not believe we will ever see a schedule from Allied, they are too dependent upon what will be sent to them from RS.

sdjf

Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:19 pm

@Lob0426:

[email protected] clearly states the following and I believe a shipping schedule is possible to put together if RS and Allied work together on it.

Quote taken from: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/viewt ... 23&t=19670

[email protected] wrote: For customers who placed their order on the Allied website we are working with the Allied team to get an update on shipping schedules and will share more information shortly
RS should know or be able to figure out when they will be shipping more Pis to Allied. Allied should know how many they currently have in stock and how many RPi orders they have outstanding. Whether they have staff they can devote to figuring out where everyone is in the queue may be an issue, but they ought to be able to post some sort of information.

If it was not feasible, I do not believe that Vic would have written what he did. Parent company *ought* to be able to work with it's own subsidiary to figure things out.

madrian

Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:21 pm

128xxxx was shipped. :)

The email says they are sending the new version.

It is coming with DHL or by regular post office "Expected Delivery by Mail within:- 5 Days for European destinations."? There is no tracking number.

SiriusHardware

Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:43 pm

RS order (in the UK) 127xxx, placed 29th June 2012 to include clear case and PSU -
Notified of despatch via Parcelforce on the evening of Monday 15th October
Arrived lunchtime Tuesday 16th October

The PSU and case did arrive with it.

It is:

Revision 2 (with mounting holes, etc)

Has 512MB ram (Samsung)

and...

(This did surprise me)

...Made in the UK!

I expected Rev2 by now and was hoping for a 512MB model, but I was honestly under the impression that only Farnell / Element14 have been sourcing them from Wales, so this was a nice surprise indeed.

It does work - it's sending this post to you now via Midori.

Anyone still waiting, don't give up hope - they are coming.

Lob0426

Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:48 pm

Sent: Tuesday, October 16, 2012 10:29 AM
To: Richard
Subject: RE:

Richard . .

Only orders today forward are getting the new 512Mb. This just happened. If you would like to get the new version you will have to order a new one.

My reply:
I had already figured that out (512MB). What I cannot figure is getting a version 1.0 board and waiting 14 weeks to get it. I would have thought I would at least get a version 1.1, not a board that is several versions old. flushing the return bin boards to customers should have happened months ago if it was going to happen. Not after making people wait for 3 1/2 months. Even the foundation appeared to have the impression that your back-orders were going to get something newer than these.

I will order a new one, but probably not from an RS affiliate. It seems U.S. business is just not a priority from them. European customers are not complaining about getting version 1.0 boards. Sorry to waste your time!
Considering the last couple of posts, it does seem all the old boards were shipped to the U.S. for distribution. So if you order "Today" forward, in the U.S., you will get a 512MB. If you have an outstanding order in the U.S. you will get whatever they have to give you! Great business policy! and one I will not put up with, ever again!

Lob0426

Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:04 pm

I have received further E-mails from the Allied customer Representative.

He offered an RA to me. And as I pointed out to him, It works perfect. I will not take this path. It is not a solution that could or would be offered to every customer. I have already written it off as the price of doing business at this point. My goal now is to have the issue brought up to his management. I do not think it is right that this is going to happen to a number of their customers, especially after the long wait. Many of these customers may never even know what was done, but I do not believe it is right!

I believe Allied was dumped on by RS and now Allied needs to look into the whole matter!

It also would not be fair to post what I have, and then use this solution. Ethics are involved here.

BoggieXL

Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:09 pm

madrian wrote:
BoggieXL wrote: How can I see this?
cat /proc/meminfo | grep MemTotal
Sorry, but I have not been able to connect my Pi yet.
With the instructions given today, I can read "2G" which is 256MB :(
But, any way, finally I got one :D
Raspberry Pi since 2012, Model B 256Mb running NexaHome with TellStick Duo.

sh2606

Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:21 pm

Got an e-mail today on 17:06.
Your Raspberry Pi order was despatched today.
We hope this upgrade is acceptable to you.
Yeah, i think this is acceptable after 16 weeks of waiting ;)

Order number 1292xx (ordered 29th June) with destination Germany.

I hope the Black Case from RS fits for Rev2 (perhaps using the new mounting holes?).

Does anybody know from experience, how long shipping to Germany takes? In the mail it says within 5 days, has someone better estimations? ;)

Return to “General discussion”