[email protected]

RS & Allied Update #4 (10th Oct)

Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:15 pm

Thanks to everyone who responded the last post. This week, we're focussing on a short shipping update and then also try to address a number of the FAQs raised by you all on the back of the last post.

We are continuing to ship orders out to our customers on a daily basis, with over 2,500 orders being shipped every day. This means we’re still on-track to despatch over 40,000 orders by mid October.

Now it’s time to answer some of the questions we have seen from last weeks post
- Revision 2 board shipping date? – the good news is that from next week, the remainder of orders due to be shipped will be fulfilled with Revision 2 boards.
- My order number is only 6 digits long? – Please add a 1010 to the beginning of your 6 digit order number when looking at the shipping table
- Where can I get information on my order status? – currently our shipping table only reflects orders placed on the RS Raspberry Pi store (http://authenticate.rsdelivers.com/) . If you have placed your order on the RS website then please refer to the customer order line telephone number located on the bottom of the website, our customer services teams will be able to give you lead-time information. *please note the RS customer service teams can only help with orders placed using the RS websites, any customers who ordered using the RS Raspberry Pi store should email [email protected] for help*
For customers who placed their order on the Allied website we are working with the Allied team to get an update on shipping schedules and will share more information shortly
- Refunds? – refunds may take up to 14 working days from time of cancellation or return. If we have received your cancellation you will receive email notification of this. Once the refund has been completed you will also receive email confirmation. If the credit/debit card you have used has expired since you placed your order, our accounts team will contact you to arrange a different type of refund for you. I have spoken to our accounts department and they have advised me that refunds are currently up-to-date and within the 14 working day period. For anyone who believes their refund is outside of this period please check for your cancellation email notification and then email our customer services team on [email protected]

We are not currently in a position to respond to all questions raised through these threads, however we’re working with moderators and will be coming back to post regular updates on key themes raised during the week. For immediate information please refer to the FAQ’s in the first instance.

Thanks
Vic

KwaXi

Re: RS & Allied Update #4 (10th Oct)

Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:09 pm

Rev 2 Boards - that's good news.

dimako

Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:14 am

So, if I make the order today when is it expected to be shipped?

Thank You

sdjf

Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:45 pm

dimako wrote:So, if I make the order today when is it expected to be shipped?

Thank You
It depends on which way you order it and from who. If you want speedy shipment, then go with the other supplier, Element14/Newark. If you don't mind a higher price, you can get it immediately from some suppliers, or pick it up somewhere off the shelf, depending on where you live.
FORUM TIP: To view someone's posting history, sign in, click on their user name, then on "Search User's Posts." || Running ArchLinuxArm on Model 2B and 512MB Model B

c.cam108

Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:35 pm

RE: 14 day refunds -

I requested a refund on the 2nd of September (received a confirmation email) and sent follow-up emails on the 26th and again last week, with no response. Yesterday I received a dispatch notification. I will now have to go through a return procedure that I am afraid will end in me giving up and just accepting my (now redundant, as I purchased elsewhere) Pi.

Refunds are certainly not up-to-date in that case, unless mine somehow slipped through the cracks.

Do you have an update on response times for messages sent to the [email protected] email address?

Colin C

W. H. Heydt

Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:09 pm

c.cam108 wrote: Do you have an update on response times for messages sent to the [email protected] email address?
I sent them an e-mail on 19 Sept. and received a reply on 26 Sept.

Oddly enough, the order I was asking about, which the response said would be shipping "the last week of September" was actually shipped on 13 September...6 days *before* I asked about it and nearly 2 weeks before RS replied.

It would appear that there is a disconnect between actual order tracking and e-mail inquiry response. (I *suspect* that in my case, they simply looked at the order number without checking *what* was ordered--even though I included that information in my query--and responded as if it I was asking about an order of Pis, when I was asking about an order of cases.)

canibalimao

Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:16 pm

[email protected] wrote:- Refunds? – refunds may take up to 14 working days from time of cancellation or return. If we have received your cancellation you will receive email notification of this. Once the refund has been completed you will also receive email confirmation. If the credit/debit card you have used has expired since you placed your order, our accounts team will contact you to arrange a different type of refund for you. I have spoken to our accounts department and they have advised me that refunds are currently up-to-date and within the 14 working day period. For anyone who believes their refund is outside of this period please check for your cancellation email notification and then email our customer services team on [email protected]
This is not true! I've contacted the costumer services team this week because mine refound is a "little" delayed (this put's me thinking if your store only works with delays or if there is something that you can do on time).
Someone told me this on Tuesday:
Good afternoon Pedro,

I have sent your query to our Finance department for investigation and will email you when this is complete.

Kind Regards

Raspberry Pi Team
Hope your Finance department doesn't take too much to solve the problem.

yurameshi

Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:07 pm

"Revision 2 board shipping date? – the good news is that from next week, the remainder of orders due to be shipped will be fulfilled with Revision 2 boards."

It is a lie they send this e-mail back to me:
======
We are currently still shipping the version 1.0 boards and this will be what is supplied to you with your order

We are unable to change the order the Raspberry Pi boards are despatched in, so cannot move you in the queue to receive the revision 2.0 of the board

The only difference between the boards is an added audio codec and the inclusion of mounting holes should the Pi be required for industrial applications. The case supplied by ourselves or various other third parties are all designed for the revision 1 board without the need for the mounting holes.

Thank you for your patience,

Raspberry Pi Team

======
They have 12 week of shipping time (OK). Then they say I have to wait more 4 weeks (OK). Then they said they are sorry for the shipping table in RS FAQ so I have to wait more 1 or 2 weeks (OK). Then they are lying in the e-mail what is the only difference Rev1 and Rev2 board and this forum with the Revision number (NOT OK).

I'm very sorry but this was too much for me so I cancelled my order and trying a new order with NewIt. I'm so disappointed I have never had to cancel an order... :( I hope with the refunds are not going to be any problem...

SamJBarneyUSA

Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:29 am

I have been waiting for my Raspberry Pi for over four months now, and Allied Electronics says that shipments don't come in at any sort of regular interval from the manufacturer. Out of curiosity, what is the longest that someone has gone, so far, while waiting for their Pi? Also, who actually manufactures the Raspberry Pi?

Burngate

Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:23 am

SamJBarneyUSA wrote:...Also, who actually manufactures the Raspberry Pi?
RS and Farnell, separately.

Roalush

Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:00 am

My order from June 29th, No 121xxx, shipped last Wednesday, so it seems they're on track.

itimpi

Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:33 pm

SamJBarneyUSA wrote:I have been waiting for my Raspberry Pi for over four months now, and Allied Electronics says that shipments don't come in at any sort of regular interval from the manufacturer. Out of curiosity, what is the longest that someone has gone, so far, while waiting for their Pi? Also, who actually manufactures the Raspberry Pi?
Technically RS are their own manufacturer in that they are responsible for seeing that the Pi's they sell are made. In practice I very much doubt they own their own factory so they will be sub-contracting much of the detail of the manufacturing process.

plugwash
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:15 pm

SamJBarneyUSA wrote:who actually manufactures the Raspberry Pi?
AIUI the manufacturing is performed by contract manufacturers* but the organisation, paying, deciding how much to make and taking the risk of making too much** falls down to Farnell and RS (separately).

* We don't have a list of who all these contract manufacturers are but we know that Farnell are using Sony in Wales and someone was told by Farnell support that they were using Foxconn in china. I haven't seen any info on which contract manufacturer(s) RS are using.
** When you are building in these volumes you can't just buy your ICs off the shelf and to keep costs down you generally want to ship stuff by sea rather than by air so the lag between the time when you decide how many to make and order the parts and the time the finished product is ready for sale is measured in months.

W. H. Heydt

Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:44 pm

plugwash wrote: ** When you are building in these volumes you can't just buy your ICs off the shelf and to keep costs down you generally want to ship stuff by sea rather than by air so the lag between the time when you decide how many to make and order the parts and the time the finished product is ready for sale is measured in months.
Off topic, but...

Since it is probably cheapest to fill an entire shipping container with one product (which is complete impractical for the Pi), one does kind of wonder just how many Pis would it take to fill and entire shipping container....

It's kind of one with the old quip, "Never underestimate the bandwidth of a station wagon full of tapes."

Burngate

Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:44 pm

Assuming each Pi comes in a box 2.5cm x 7.5cm x 12.5cm

We could have boxes 25cm x 15cm x 12.5cm holding 20 Pis, and 8 layers of 32 boxes ( 4 x 8) on a pallet, giving 100cm x 120cm x 100cm and holding 256 boxes or 5,120 Pis.

If a shipping container is 12m x 2.33m x 2.35m then we could put 2 rows of 10 pallets, stacked 2 high in a container with room to spare.

So we get 40 pallets with 10,240 boxes and 204,800 Pis

Lob0426

Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:01 pm

2500215xxx from Allied. 14 weeks!

Just received a shipping confirmation E-mail yesterday 10/13/12 ordered 7/6/12.
512MB version 2.0 as WordPress Server
Motorola Lapdock with Pi2B
Modded Rev 1.0 with pin headers at USB

http://rich1.dyndns.tv/
(RS)Allied ships old stock to reward its Customers for long wait!

[email protected]

Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:06 am

Hi All,

Thanks for your posts. Having spoken to our finance team they inform me that they are processing refunds within the 14 working day period. Anyone who is experiencing delays with refunds, for orders cancelled more than 14 working days ago, please contact our Raspberry Pi team by emailing [email protected]. If your payment was by PayPal please have your PayPal transaction ID to hand. If your payment was by credit card please check the card expiration date.

Hope this helps

Starkey

Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:52 am

Can you please confirm if you are now shipping the new (512Mb) version of the Pi? As per http://www.reghardware.com/2012/10/15/r ... y_doubled/

akshat01

Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:21 am

I have cancelled my order for the long lead time. I know people who have ordered after me and got their procuct. Also there is no way you can track your order ID to get the lead time. Please process my request and refund the money so that I can buy it from another dealer, who sent the goods with-in 3 weeks. I do not want to name any firm but that is true that RS is having a very low response time and sad delivery rate.

fornax76

Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:04 am

My order from June 29th, No 121xxx, shipped last Wednesday, so it seems they're on track.
Really?
I've ordered on June 28th with No 118xxx and I have not received any shipping notice!!!

Very strange... :o

Roalush

Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:16 pm

fornax76 wrote:
Really?
I've ordered on June 28th with No 118xxx and I have not received any shipping notice!!!

Very strange... :o
Delivered on Sunday. Ordered only with EU power supply.

BoggieXL

Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:38 pm

My RaspPi arrived from RS today to Sweden.
Ordered June 27th, order no 1173xx.
It's a Rev B1.1 according to label.
Zero ohm polyfuses, no mounting holes.
Raspberry Pi since 2012, Model B 256Mb running NexaHome with TellStick Duo.

madrian

Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:53 pm

Hi,

my order number is 128xxxx (RS!), 121xxxx’s was shipped on wednesday. I think mine (128xxxx) will be shipped on today/tomorrow. Can I hope for a new 512MB version?

madrian

Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:54 pm

BoggieXL wrote:My RaspPi arrived from RS today to Sweden.
Do you have 512Mb of RAM?

BoggieXL

Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:04 pm

madrian wrote:
BoggieXL wrote:My RaspPi arrived from RS today to Sweden.
Do you have 512Mb of RAM?
How can I see this?
Raspberry Pi since 2012, Model B 256Mb running NexaHome with TellStick Duo.

Return to “General discussion”