RiccardoMoretti

RS Still Shipping Rev 1 boards

Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:55 pm

Just received an email from RS, indicating that they are still shipping only revision 1 boards.

Terrible!!!
I have an issue with HDMI CEC with my current rev1 and require a rev2

This means they are sitting with old stock and the bottleneck lies with them,

I'm Disgusted!!

RaTTuS

Re: RS Still Shipping Rev 1 boards

Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:11 pm

there is nothing wrong with Rev 1 [proud owner of 3]
if you need a rev2 because of hdmi problems then there are a couple of things you can do -
1) buy another from farnell
2) do a mod on the board.
they are not sitting on old stock they ...
some places from farnell will get you rev 1 also

use it to lean with .....
How To ask Questions :- http://www.catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
WARNING - some parts of this post may be erroneous YMMV

1QC43qbL5FySu2Pi51vGqKqxy3UiJgukSX
Covfefe

pluggy

Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:04 pm

Are they the Rev 1 boards with the zero ohm resisters rather than the original polyfuses ?
Don't judge Linux by the Pi.......
I must not tread on too many sacred cows......

RiccardoMoretti

Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:25 pm

Yes I do have HDMI issues... see my other posts prior to the Rev 2 announcement.

Nobody has given me a how 2 mode guide, other than telling me to de-solder D14,

Yes hmm let me think I'll do that and where do I test... on my expensive AV equipment...I think not!

and on the de-solder point if the mod was to remove D14 why then do the Rev 2 boards still have D14? (somthing about a +5v HDMI thing...)

It just gives me a bad taste.. come on now... why should we be waiting!
I ordered 5 and was told my delivery date was January 2013 and they told me today I'll receive a Rev 1

I'm telling you that's cow poo!

MmmPi

Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:38 pm

Its possible the rep who emailed you is wrong & just doesn't know what they're talking about.

If RS really does send out rev1 RasPi... Well I don't know what to say at that point.
I seem to recall Liz saying RS will only be shipping rev2. They should have no old stock since they are so behind. If RS can't even provide decent information to the foundation / Liz...

RiccardoMoretti

Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:32 am

Hi MmmPi,
Highly likely that they have no clue, and from experience I totally agree with you,

I also recall Liz saying that RS was only shipping Rev2, perhaps I was mistaken.
It's email's like the one I received from them yesterday that gives me a sour taste, and to make matters worse, I'm paying them...err I've paid them, and I dont even have a contact number for someone to speak to that knows what's going on. I've now decided to purchase a Pi once every 4 months,
It's quite amazing that a simple little board and a Huge company such as RS has so much difficulty in distributing them,
I'll post here what Revision I receive....

jamesh
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator

Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:49 am

RiccardoMoretti wrote:Hi MmmPi,
Highly likely that they have no clue, and from experience I totally agree with you,

I also recall Liz saying that RS was only shipping Rev2, perhaps I was mistaken.
It's email's like the one I received from them yesterday that gives me a sour taste, and to make matters worse, I'm paying them...err I've paid them, and I dont even have a contact number for someone to speak to that knows what's going on. I've now decided to purchase a Pi once every 4 months,
It's quite amazing that a simple little board and a Huge company such as RS has so much difficulty in distributing them,
I'll post here what Revision I receive....
It is indeed amazing.

As to rev 1 or 2, I think RS have a backlog of rev 1 PCB's whilst they were waiting for components to put on them, so until that pile has gone, there will still be some rev 1's in the channel. There are probably boxes on shelves labelled Pi PCB, and they just grab the next box when lines needs them - and they could contain either revision.
Principal Software Engineer at Raspberry Pi (Trading) Ltd.
Contrary to popular belief, humorous signatures are allowed.
I've been saying "Mucho" to my Spanish friend a lot more lately. It means a lot to him.

Lactobacillus

Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:33 am

As to rev 1 or 2, I think RS have a backlog of rev 1 PCB's whilst they were waiting for components to put on them, so until that pile has gone, there will still be some rev 1's in the channel. There are probably boxes on shelves labelled Pi PCB, and they just grab the next box when lines needs them - and they could contain either revision.
Are you sure they are already dispatching rev2?
Raspberry Pi 1B; Rev2; 512mb RAM (Samsung)
Raspberry Pi Zero, V1.3 + Esp8266

jamesh

Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:53 am

Lactobacillus wrote:
Are you sure they are already dispatching rev2?
Nope, but what you get might depend on where in the world you are.
Principal Software Engineer at Raspberry Pi (Trading) Ltd.
Contrary to popular belief, humorous signatures are allowed.
I've been saying "Mucho" to my Spanish friend a lot more lately. It means a lot to him.

RaTTuS

Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:09 am

I missread the OP
1st time round
I take it you have ordered another from RS for delivery in January [why when you can get them much quicker from farnell?]
I also assume that by January the RS ones will be Rev 2 anyway
they have to get rid of the Rev 1 backlog 1st
so to the OP - what was wrong from ordering from farnell and where in the world are you
How To ask Questions :- http://www.catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
WARNING - some parts of this post may be erroneous YMMV

1QC43qbL5FySu2Pi51vGqKqxy3UiJgukSX
Covfefe

Return to “General discussion”