emil203

Best way for playing audiophile FLAC files from standalone raspberry - without network ?

Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:38 am

Hello,

i use a raspberry as player for my audio files up to 24/192 with my hifi/high end equipment.
Currently i'm using openELEC with Kodi.
Connected with ALSA USB SPDIF to my DAC, then to my preamplifier.
But i'm not sure if this way delivers really bit-perfect data to my dac.
I cannot disable the volume control via keys "+" and "-".
after initial configuration it was disabled. but after playing with different settings, i am now able to control volume in kodi using "+" and "-".
tried all settings having to do with audio, but i cannot reset to straight/fix output as it was before.

So i looked for something like rune audio or volumio.
but all these implementations need network connection and are controlled using web interfaces.
i have absolutely no network in my music/hobby room.
so i need a solution that runs standalone on my raspberry, and i want to control the UI directly with my connected USB keyboard, watching the HDMI out from my raspberry.

do you have any ideas either how i can make my openELEC/kodi settings really audiophile so that i get bit-perfect output, or if i could use another image that doesn't need network ?

Thank you + Best regards
Emil

energyi

Re: Best way for playing audiophile FLAC files from standalone raspberry - without network ?

Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:03 am

Hands down Moode Audio is the way to go for bit perfect FLAC. It can use an access point so you can use a phone or tablet, no network required. The user group is a bit of a challenge sifting through a thousand discussion s on diyaudio, but search can help.

energyi
energyi

gychang

Re: Best way for playing audiophile FLAC files from standalone raspberry - without network ?

Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:12 pm

If u have openelec, I believe it has a plug in for playing flac files. take a look here: http://www.multipelife.com/kodi-support ... rmats.html

let us know if u r successful.

Return to “General discussion”