saishruthi

Raspberry Pi and Zigbee

Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:26 am

How to send location of an object to Raspberry Pi using Zigbee ?

I need to track location of an object and show its location in display.

Please, help.

bask185

Re: Raspberry Pi and Zigbee

Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:20 pm

You need to be more specific it is hard to tell what you are doing.

How are you tracking what object? GPS, accelerometer? camera system? Car with encoder on the wheels? wireless beacon system?

The zigbee can be connected to your raspberry GPIO pins. Remember that rx goes to tx and vice versa. Don't use the 5v pin. You can write a pyhton, C or Processing script and perhaps even a shellscript which communicates with the zigbee. Processing is the easiest language but it doesn't run that particular fast on the Rpi3 and it barely does on the Rpi2 and you can make just relative small programs with it.

The reason why I recommend Processing is the huge convenience with setting up the serial communication. About every other language is usually total terror in this.

saishruthi

Re: Raspberry Pi and Zigbee

Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:30 pm

My need is,

I have an object which is in movement. GPS system is what I am planning. Location details obtained from GPS (module fixed over RasPi with Zigbee Tx) has to be sent to another RasPi with Zigbee Rx. This location will be updated in database.

Is this good way or feasible way to do ?
bask185 wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:20 pm
You need to be more specific it is hard to tell what you are doing.

How are you tracking what object? GPS, accelerometer? camera system? Car with encoder on the wheels? wireless beacon system?

The zigbee can be connected to your raspberry GPIO pins. Remember that rx goes to tx and vice versa. Don't use the 5v pin. You can write a pyhton, C or Processing script and perhaps even a shellscript which communicates with the zigbee. Processing is the easiest language but it doesn't run that particular fast on the Rpi3 and it barely does on the Rpi2 and you can make just relative small programs with it.

The reason why I recommend Processing is the huge convenience with setting up the serial communication. About every other language is usually total terror in this.

Return to “General discussion”