Texan4Life

Recommed place to order for the US?

Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:12 am

Just discovered the site today and I have noticed most sites selling the Rpi are UK based. Is there a site that is the best to order from for those of us in the US?

any recommendations?

Thanks!

W. H. Heydt

Re: Recommed place to order for the US?

Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:35 am

The primary distributors are in the UK. Both have US subsidiaries.

At present RS (US sub is Allied) is heavily back ordered and under something of a cloud with the Forum posters.

The US sub of Farnell is Newark. They brand their Pis as "Element 14". Farnell is also supplying MCM Electronics in the US. Farnell and their associated companies are on top of their supply chain, so Pis are readily available.

The only issue (and it's a very minor one) with the US branches is that, so far, they are still shipping Rev. 1 (ECN 0003) boards. I haven't seen any reports of Rev. 2 boards showing up in the US, but lots of them are getting out in the UK and Europe.

jolebole

Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:57 am

Newark. Ships from SC. Got mine in 4 days.

http://www.newark.com/jsp/search/produc ... rypi-group

plugwash
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:16 pm

As of right now the supply situation in the US doesn't look great. Neither of premier farnell's US subsidaries (newark and MCM) have stock and both are quoting pretty long lead times (a month for newark, serveral months for mcm how accurate those lead times are I have no idea).

Unfortunately if you want a Pi quickly I think you will have to either pay a somewhat marked-up price on ebay or pay to have it shipped across the pond from a UK reseller.

Texan4Life

Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:38 pm

Awesome thanks for the info

ski522

Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:05 pm

I just ordered my from MCM about a week and 1/2 ago and it shipped the next day, so hard to tell if there stock indication is accurate. Although at the time it did show the units in stock, but the next day backordered...so maybe I got lucky!

http://www.mcmelectronics.com/product/83-14277

ludespeedny

Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:41 pm

I have been in contact with various distributors trying to get a hold of one of the new Rev 2.0 boards. The only distributor that knows for sure is MCM and they get a shipment on or around the 15th of this month. i am hoping to get one from that shipment!

Pi_Fanatic

Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:27 pm

MCM is quoting about 2 weeks, out of stock now but should be shipping by middle of October.

W. H. Heydt

Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:01 pm

I just checked Newark's website.

They say zero in stock. 100 to ship 1 November, more to ship 8 November.

The image on the page is a Rev. 2 board.

Make of it what you will.

thogue

Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:26 pm

Newark /E14 has been trying to exhaust the V1's. I was told that they are not sure if they will receive V2s as they know they are already in production but there were a lot of V1 boards being built at the same time due to extra supply of v1 boards.

They had rpi's in stock a few weeks ago, I think I was told 700~ I ordered one and was supposed to receive the package in 7 days, but did not due to shipping error.

I called up customer service, told them that I had started projects when I saw my pi had shipped, They agreed to overnight me one if I paid for it as I had to wait at least 5 days before they would be able to "return" my package after receiving it....

I had a pi in my hands the next day. I received the "lost" pi 2 weeks later.

Return to “General discussion”