thatfeelsgood

Raspberry with sql

Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:47 am

Someone, please help me I have a java web application of one page with SQL connectivity. I want to connect raspberry and web application and want to store raspberry sensors data in SQL database. How I can achieve this task in short amount of time.

W. H. Heydt

Re: Raspberry with sql

Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:32 pm

Install MySQL or MariaDB on your Pi.

robert_loblaw

Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:30 pm

I found Sqlite3 works pretty well for small projects and it comes with Python.

Ronaldlees

Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:56 am

robert_loblaw wrote:I found Sqlite3 works pretty well for small projects and it comes with Python.
I'm using Sqlite3 on a Pi2 with PHP and Wordpress to serve blog pages. The same Pi also serves as the access point. I read that MySQL would consume more resources on the Pi, and might take something from the blog-server's performance. I don't know if that's true, or not, but SQLite3 does pretty nicely, excepting for larger graphics images in pages ...

I've had trouble with some of the current WP plugins, that (apparently) really do need MySQL to operate correctly. I'm running a pretty sparse WP setup though, so the plugins are not a problem from my perspective, at least so far ...

As far as using Sqlite3 goes, and the associated security status, that's unknown to me, but it's a private access point anyway.
I am the Umbrella man

Return to “General discussion”