Guinan

ExpanDrive, Raspbian, and Win10

Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:55 am

On MacOS, I can use fsfuse and panic transmit to mount the raspbian file system to finder and access the files and folders there but windows seems to have only one of the two things I need which is ExpanDrive. Any way to actually open the files system?

fruitoftheloom

Re: ExpanDrive, Raspbian, and Win10

Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:41 am

Guinan wrote:On MacOS, I can use fsfuse and panic transmit to mount the raspbian file system to finder and access the files and folders there but windows seems to have only one of the two things I need which is ExpanDrive. Any way to actually open the files system?
MS Windows natively does not recognise the EXT file system, therefore you need to install EXT file system reader/writer software.
Retired disgracefully.....
......to a more gentile life !

Guinan

Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:54 pm

Yes. I know. MacOS doesn't support ext3 or 4 natively but fuse is a driver for read and write. In MacOS it works just like a driver in that it sits on the system and allows the mounting of the file system flawlessly. I can't find anything like that for Windows. They are all programs that require separate mounting and seem to be looking for a thumb drive or a cd and not a server folder mounted by ExpanDrive. Do you know what driver I need for Windows to read and write to the system.

Guinan

Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:01 pm

I appreciate the time it took you to reply and for the content thereof. However, I have tried both pieces of software you have posted and neither of them seem to work. I mount my server folder with ExpanDrive to letter S: but those softwares do not see it as something they can use. Clicking upon drive S: have the operating system complain that the drive requires formatting.

Return to “General discussion”