jmd13391

RPi Zero W in Station + AP Mode

Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:01 pm

Hi All,

Has anyone managed to get the Raspberry Pi Zero Wireless to function as a simultaneous WiFi Station and Access Point?

If yes, please share your setup / configuration !

The various other posts I have been able to find on this subject (mostly about the RPi3) don't work for me on the RPiZW. However, I must confess that I am a Pi newbie so it's entirely possible that I am mucking something up. Assistance would be greatly appreciated !

FYI: I am using NOOBS v2.4.1 / Raspbian (jessie)

Thank you in advance...

Cheers!

-Joe

DougieLawson

Re: RPi Zero W in Station + AP Mode

Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:56 pm

Note: Any requirement to use a crystal ball or mind reading will result in me ignoring your question.

Criticising any questions is banned on this forum.

Any DMs sent on Twitter will be answered next month.
All non-medical doctors are on my foes list.

jmd13391

Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:41 am

Dougie, et al,

Thank you for the configuration reference! I think what I need is in there somewhere. :-)

Being a newbie, I could use just a bit more hand-holding...

I am trying to accomplish the following:
  • * The RPiZW is the AP & default gateway (dhcp, dns, etc.) for a standalone WiFi network ("Net-A").
    * The RPiZW is also a client / station on an existing WiFi network ("Net-B").
    * Net-A does not have Internet access.
    * Net-B has Internet access.
    * The RPiZW itself can access the Internet for network services such as ntp via Net-B.
    * Clients / Stations of Net-A obtain network services such as ntp from the RPiZW.
Question:
What parts of the configuration doc you referenced will help me accomplish my goal?

Many thanks in advance...

Cheers!

-Joe

DougieLawson

Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:02 am

No idea, do some experiments following the official tutorial. You can't hurt anything. That's how you'll learn.
Note: Any requirement to use a crystal ball or mind reading will result in me ignoring your question.

Criticising any questions is banned on this forum.

Any DMs sent on Twitter will be answered next month.
All non-medical doctors are on my foes list.

jmd13391

Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:20 pm

After experimenting and researching this topic for the past few days, I am beginning to think that no one has actually been able to accomplish this "dual mode" WiFi (Station+AP) on a Rasberry Pi Zero Wireless running Raspbian Jessie. It would be great if someone out there could call me out on this (and be able to back it up with an actual config that gets it to work). The challenge has been put out there...

java

Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:38 pm

I really would not mind finding how to do this myself. Do a lot of travelling - if I could use my cellphone - connect to RPi, input local wi-fi hotspot details, and then let the RPi do its thing. That is exchange e-mails - Upload / Download files etc. Then at room at Guest House plug in to TV and see what I got.

Return to “General discussion”