-rst-

Re: New IT (UK) Supplier

Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:18 pm

Another happy customer here! Ordered on Friday 2nd November - shipped the very same day.

Overseas (and over the weekend) mail of course took it's time: on Mon 5th the RoyalMail tracking system said "Your item, posted on 02/11/12 with reference RJ...GB has been passed to the overseas postal service for delivery in ..." - arrived at work on Wed 7th.

Sorry C... (the other supplier), could not bear waiting for re-stocking.
http://raspberrycompote.blogspot.com/ - Low-level graphics and 'Coding Gold Dust'

poing

Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:05 pm

NewIT.co.uk wrote:We have now received the HDMI to VGA Active Adapters we have listed these at £19.95 including UK VAT (£16.63 without), and they are available in Black or White. :)
HDMI-VGA conversion may post compatibility problems under the following circumstances
• The HDMI output of source device does not supply 5V/500mA power

Doesn't that mean it will not run with the original Pies with the poly fuses installed? Several people reported power problems with such conveerters.

NewIT.co.uk

Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:31 pm

poing wrote:
NewIT.co.uk wrote:We have now received the HDMI to VGA Active Adapters we have listed these at £19.95 including UK VAT (£16.63 without), and they are available in Black or White. :)
HDMI-VGA conversion may post compatibility problems under the following circumstances

Doesn't that mean it will not run with the original Pies with the poly fuses installed? Several people reported power problems with such conveerters.
I think we need to revise our listing to reflect the boards we have tested them on, which are
256Mb Revision 2.0, date code 1215
512Mb Revision 2.0, date code 1233
these boards were tested (along with the HDMI adapter), a wireless keyboard and mouse set attached (the ones we sell) and Ethernet cable.

I think the word "may" is the manufacturer covering themselves for people that buy to test. We buy then test before we sell. ;)
www.newit.co.uk

poing

Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:55 pm

NewIT.co.uk wrote:
poing wrote:

I think we need to revise our listing to reflect the boards we have tested them on, which are
256Mb Revision 2.0, date code 1215
512Mb Revision 2.0, date code 1233
these boards were tested (along with the HDMI adapter), a wireless keyboard and mouse set attached (the ones we sell) and Ethernet cable.

I think the word "may" is the manufacturer covering themselves for people that buy to test. We buy then test before we sell. ;)
If you do not have a Rev 1.0 board I think I could be persuaded to exchange mine for one of those juicy 512MB boards with mounting holes :lol: If you want to send me a PM and I'll mail you some photos to make sure it's the right board. The sticker on the back says: E2412RSV1.0B1.1

Wasp_Box

Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:24 am

Another happy chap here. Ordered yesterday - got shipping note this morning.

They have some interesting stuff on their site; I'm going to pop back and have a peruse.

NewIT.co.uk

Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:49 pm

Yes it was a late night for us all here last night, and it has been a very busy day getting all the pre orders and today's orders out of the door - but we did it :D

Good news is we have about 400 units left in stock, and should have another delivery in on Tuesday/Wednesday.

We are also selling the International Power adapters, can be used in UK, Europe, US and Australia :D
www.newit.co.uk

wallasey

Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:14 pm

NewIT.co.uk wrote:Yes it was a late night for us all here last night, and it has been a very busy day getting all the pre orders and today's orders out of the door - but we did it :D
D
Does that mean my order taken early on the fifteenth - credt card processed, - paid for next day delivery but nothing received by email - has been sent out?

NewIT.co.uk

Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:22 pm

wallasey wrote:Does that mean my order taken early on the fifteenth - credt card processed, - paid for next day delivery but nothing received by email - has been sent out?
That is correct, everything has been sent out.
If you have a gmail account might be worth a look in your spam folder, some order emails seem to be sent there.
www.newit.co.uk

wallasey

Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:27 pm

NewIT.co.uk wrote: That is correct, everything has been sent out.
If you have a gmail account might be worth a look in your spam folder, some order emails seem to be sent there.
Nope. No email. I control the MX host and definitely no spam filtering at work. Good job I saved the confirmation web page with order details I guess.

wallasey

Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:45 pm

wallasey wrote:Nope. No email. I control the MX host and definitely no spam filtering at work. Good job I saved the confirmation web page with order details I guess.
Just to confirm there is no problem with my email address and your mailer, your autoresponder mailed me back without problems when I raised the query about 'no confirmation email' at 10:36 GMT. It's early days and stuff goes awry sometimes I suppose. I'll just have to wait a while.

wallasey

Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:17 pm

To be fair to NewIT I have just received a reply to my 10:56 email and there seems to have been a mailer issue somewhere. They did get my order so all things being equal I should get the thing tomorrow. It's still next day + 1 which isn't quite 'next day' but I can't bring myself to grumble.

I blame the Raspberry Pi. I got too excited and had my soldering kit adn LEDs ready and waiting all day. As I tell the kids when they get excited, "you'll only end up dissappointed" - and I was. How will I be able to sleep!

wallasey

Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:02 pm

Too many posts on this from me - but needs final one to confirm that Raspberry Pi arrived this morning from NewIT with everything as requested . Luvvly Jubbly.

DaneeL

Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:36 pm

Hi NewIT,

I tried to reach you guys via email and by using the form on your site, but unfortunately I haven't received any reply.
I ordered my RPi but for some strange reason the local post failed to deliver and they sent it back to you.
Can you please get back to me about how it can be delivered again?

Thank you!
Daniel

NewIT.co.uk

Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:22 pm

DaneeL wrote:Hi NewIT,

I tried to reach you guys via email and by using the form on your site, but unfortunately I haven't received any reply.
I ordered my RPi but for some strange reason the local post failed to deliver and they sent it back to you.
Can you please get back to me about how it can be delivered again?

Thank you!
Daniel
Hi Daniel, can you email me direct (will PM my address) and i will look into this for you.
www.newit.co.uk

Z3r0

Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:29 am

So i am another happy customer of newIT :) A little bit of back story: i ordered my pi at RS on June 26, it was dispatched October 4 and on November 12 i got a refund, because i never received it.... What a waste of time. But then i found about newIT guys/gals :) saw that they have in stock, ordered and received my 512mb model in about a week. No that's how international business is meant to be done :) Thank you, newIT crew ! ;)

jaeger

Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:02 pm

Could I ask to the gentlemen over NewIT how much would cost to send to Brazil? ;)

NewIT.co.uk

Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:37 pm

jaeger wrote:Could I ask to the gentlemen over NewIT how much would cost to send to Brazil? ;)
hi
Depends what you order, and what service you need, if you email [email protected] we can get a price from TNT for express and Royal Mail for standard delivery. :)
www.newit.co.uk

g300

Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:49 am

Many thanks just received :D today great service.

DaneeL

Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:30 pm

NewIT.co.uk wrote: Hi Daniel, can you email me direct (will PM my address) and i will look into this for you.
Hi,

With the help from the guys at NewIT I finally received my Raspberry Pi :)
Thank you guys for fixing what the local postal service screwed up!

Another happy customer :)

mvnorwood
Raspberry Pi Certified Educator

Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:52 pm

Hi All,

Just to confirm that these chaps deliver your Pi very, very quickly using 1st class recorded delivery at no extra cost. Very impressed. Ordered late on Monday night, arrived today (Wednesday).

Just a quick question to anyone who knows. The Pi we got delivered says "Made in China" on it. Does this mean it may not be 512MB or does it make no difference.

The website said that it was 512MB. How can I tell. It has been bought as a gift so is there a way of finding out without having to fire it up?

Thank you and again I would highly recommend this company (assuming that it is 512MB of course!)

NewIT.co.uk

Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:24 pm

mvnorwood wrote:Hi All,

Just to confirm that these chaps deliver your Pi very, very quickly using 1st class recorded delivery at no extra cost. Very impressed. Ordered late on Monday night, arrived today (Wednesday).

Just a quick question to anyone who knows. The Pi we got delivered says "Made in China" on it. Does this mean it may not be 512MB or does it make no difference.

The website said that it was 512MB. How can I tell. It has been bought as a gift so is there a way of finding out without having to fire it up?

Thank you and again I would highly recommend this company (assuming that it is 512MB of course!)
Hi the samsung chip will have the code 4G on it, as a visual confirmation, see this post, but another confirmation would be that we only sell 512Mb boards :D
www.newit.co.uk

mvnorwood

Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:43 pm

Thank you for such a speedy reply :D

Just to add to my previous post, for anyone considering which supplier to use:

I ordered a Pi 'bundle' from New IT plus a couple of other bits (USB Wifi dongle and powered USB hub) and all of the extra bits were very competitively priced so it was very pleasing to find that they are all good quality and seem perfectly robust.

Very happy customer. Combination of great service, great prices and good products.

poing

Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:23 pm

@NewIT: After working a while with the two cases I bought from you, a black one and a red one, the following: the black one seems to come from Farnell while the red one seems to come from ModMyPi, a difference not listed on the site as only the color was indicated as a difference.

The black one is awesome, fits perfectly, gives no trouble even when bumped around in an embedded environment but is a bit a bitch to install. The red one fits 'loosly' (Pi is rambling inside, not secured), falls apart when stressed in an embedded environment but is very easy to install. After a few month the red case now comes apart when only inserting the HDMI cable. Lousy product IMO, the Farnell case is much better.

So I have trouble with the red one, although nothing a bit of gaffer tape won't solve and I'm not that picky. Yet (here's the complaint ;) ) you present only color differences on your site and not the, to my mind obvious, quality differences. If I had known the differences in advance I'd ordered two black ones.

Hope you see this post as 'building criticism' and act accordingly.

NewIT.co.uk

Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:33 pm

poing wrote:@NewIT: After working a while with the two cases I bought from you, a black one and a red one, the following: the black one seems to come from Farnell while the red one seems to come from ModMyPi, a difference not listed on the site as only the color was indicated as a difference.

The black one is awesome, fits perfectly, gives no trouble even when bumped around in an embedded environment but is a bit a bitch to install. The red one fits 'loosly' (Pi is rambling inside, not secured), falls apart when stressed in an embedded environment but is very easy to install. After a few month the red case now comes apart when only inserting the HDMI cable. Lousy product IMO, the Farnell case is much better.

So I have trouble with the red one, although nothing a bit of gaffer tape won't solve and I'm not that picky. Yet (here's the complaint ;) ) you present only color differences on your site and not the, to my mind obvious, quality differences. If I had known the differences in advance I'd ordered two black ones.

Hope you see this post as 'building criticism' and act accordingly.
Many thanks for the feedback, we have had similar thoughts, not just about the cases, but how they are presented on our site.
So as of next week, we will be stocking a third alternative case (in a variety of colours), and at that time we will be listing the 3 types of cases in separate listings so as to distinguish between the different manufacturers.

On another note, UK made boards are currently in Stock :D
www.newit.co.uk

mvnorwood

Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:59 pm

I'm bumping this thread for three reasons:

1 it is about to drop off page 1

2 I bought a pi from them last week and was dead impressed by the speed it was delivered and the speed they answered a query I had on this forum

3 I have just been on Amazon to buy the raspberry pi guide and am disgusted at some of the prices being charged for pi s by other suppliers and don't think people should be ripped off.

Return to “General discussion”