sdjf

Re: RS & Allied Update #3 (27 Sep)

Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:49 am

Lob0426 wrote:
It would be nice if the U.S. customers had some information too.

It is now 13 weeks since I ordered. It has been 12 weeks since Allied's last informational E-mail.

Can we please have a time table for U.S. deliveries from Allied?
I concurr. I believe from reading other posts, that the moderators are informing RS about primary themes and issues getting raised. Since only two of us who ordered direct from Allied seem to have asked, it would appear not to be many people affected. So, if you are a direct Allied customer wishing an update, please add your voice so they know there are more than just two of us patiently waiting for information.

The only order-related email I have received for my order #250023xxxx was the initial notice of a 12 week expected ship date. Order (for only a Raspberry Pi) was placed 23 July, so I expect shipment this coming week. Now, maybe so many orders have been cancelled and so many units will be getting delivered to Allied from the September batch, that my Pi could actually get shipped! If my credit card does not show a charge this week, then I am thinking of writing Allied directly.
FORUM TIP: To view someone's posting history, sign in, click on their user name, then on "Search User's Posts." || Running ArchLinuxArm on Model 2B and 512MB Model B

rebraist

Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:53 am

Hi!
I've ordered one 4th of july, with a dispatch time of about 12 weeks (Order 144xxx).
We're now about 13th week.
Let's wait :)

larstas

Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:57 pm

rebraist wrote:Let's wait :)
July, 4th - too. But order number is 149xxx.
"wait" - till the end of november?
kk, just to check what this company will say next...
ordered from reseller in the neighbor country and my order has already been dispatched (in just 3 hours after order), so no need to hurry now :D

James-McC

Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:25 pm

Ordered mine from RS in June, ETA 10 weeks then apology and revised to end Oct, gave up waiting and ordered another from CPC last week, ETA end Oct as well :cry:

Then both arrived today... :D

dfrimmel

Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:39 am

Finally, yesterday I wrote e-mail to RS to check my status. Today I received reply and they say that my RPi was dispatched on Friday and need from 5 to 21 days for shipping, since Bosnia & Herzegovina isn't in EU I thought it will be 21 days but actually just few hours ago I received call from DHL, woooowwww ultra fast was first thing I thought about but then guy from DHL said that all taxes and customs charges are about 30-35 Euros, maaaan :evil: :evil: :evil: could buy another RPi for the money which I have to pay to DHL what a shame (actually I paid 44 Euros for RPi with case and USB adapter). What to do I was waiting for 3 months and will pay but it is too damn expensive. Finally my RPi will cost me about 75-80 Euros which is much more then 35$. I guess everything would be much cheaper if they use Royal Mail or whatever instead of DHL. I was planning to order few more for my family members but for this much money I can buy regular PC and dont have to wait 3 month for it. Thanks RS
4 months for 256MB RPi ...
maybe 8 months for 128MB RPi who knows...
Thanks RS.

madrian

Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:41 pm

My order number is 128808, when will my R Pi arrive? :roll:

bhgr1

Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:26 pm

Ordered my Pi on 27th June, and it arrived today.
As dfrimmel, I live in Bosnia and Herzegovina, and DHL charges quite much for their customs check service (some 27€ total), wish that the package was sent via regular mail rather than DHL.

Albe605C

Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:54 pm

bhgr1 wrote:Ordered my Pi on 27th June, and it arrived today.
As dfrimmel, I live in Bosnia and Herzegovina, and DHL charges quite much for their customs check service (some 27€ total), wish that the package was sent via regular mail rather than DHL.
Order number?

mentallygone

Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:08 pm

I also ordered from Allied back on July 2nd, and would like to hear an update that's relevant to their order numbers.
My order# is 25002073##...

gregg

Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:14 pm

Mine arrived this morning following an email last night from parcelforce (uk.)

order no. 1010113xxx

dumbfounded

Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:16 pm

I gave them a rough ride out of frustration on here and in emails and while they took their sweet time they did reply to every one of my emails... even the awkward ones. My Pi is apparently due to be dispatched tomorrow/day, I ordered in June. From my point of view now it feels like there is some momentum it is bearable, well done to RS for getting on the case finally.

MovingTarget

Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:21 pm

Finally got my Pi from RS. Order #105055. The clear case and extra HDMI cable were included, as expected. For those curious about the shipper, it arrived via USPS.
<-----Anxious to get started with my own slice of Pi.

Casalor

Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:47 am

UK

Order number 118xxx ordered 28th Jun should - according to Parcelforce Express 24 tracking - be delivered today

Hallelujah.

wizrod

Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:15 pm

Casalor wrote:UK

Order number 118xxx ordered 28th Jun should - according to Parcelforce Express 24 tracking - be delivered today

Hallelujah.
Likewise - order 116xxx shipped yesterday via Parcelforce...delivery attempted this morning, so who knows where it is now!!! With luck they'll have dropped it off at my local Post Office delivery office (in which case I'll pick it up tomorrow morning). If not, hopefully I'll be able to get it re-directed to my work address...

...Bah!!... so...It'll cost £5.50 to get redirected to my work address, which will take 2 days to filter through the system, so may not get delivered 'till the weekend (when, not surprisingly I'll not be there to receive it). Or, I'll cost £1.00. to get delivered to my local Post Office, which opens an hour after I leave for work and closes 2 hours before I get home. The only day I could collect is Saturday, but I'm not going to be able to get to the Post Office this Saturday. Finally, I could collect it from the ParcelFarce depot, which (of course) closes before I get home and again closes before I could get there on Saturday.

GRRRR!!!!....what is wrong with simply posting the thing in the mail!!! Couriers are entirely and completely useless from the point of view of the (non business) recipient!!!!

...err...rant over!

have a nice day!

:)

Toxo1415

Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:14 pm

Ordered in June, money taken straight away and then ..............

Nothing.

Some brief update in August saying dispatch expected earlynoctober and then ........

Nothing.

I have tried to mail, phone and ..............

Nothing.

So, sod the Pi, order cancelled and I won't be back.

Toxo1415

Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:25 pm

madrian wrote:My order number is 128808, when will my R Pi arrive? :roll:
Might be one Pi sooner. I've simply given up and cancelled, now to chase them for my money back. Might even go for interest for the few months RS have sat on my cash and not supplied me with goods.

Casalor

Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:35 pm

madrian wrote:My order number is 128808, when will my R Pi arrive? :roll:
At this rate, next week. Maybe.

Starkey

Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:48 pm

This is probably the most frustrating purchase I have ever made.

I ordered from RS as I assumed they were the most reputable company selling at the time (never having heard of Farnell), what a mistake that was. Communication is awful for a company of their size.

July 2nd I ordered with a lead time of 11 weeks. One poxy email is all i have had from them until I received a cut and paste reply to an email I sent them today. :(

I won't be using them ever again, but i'm not sure i can bear the thought of trying to get a refund given what I have read about their speed. :cry:

I find something particularly poor/odd is that they are now advertising a seven week lead time (for new orders), given their current levels of delays, and the fact that they take the payment straight away (without knowing for certain when they will actually have stock), how can the lead time have come down? If I were a cynic I would question if they were enjoying the interest on payments made too much to be bothered. Good job I'm not a cynic. :?

InnocentSam

Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:56 pm

I ordered mine 29th June and I emailed RS about some mess-up with emailing. They said mine will be dispatched Friday or Monday, which is a bit poor seeing as my order number is well below the "Last Order Dispatched" number for this week.

george19291

Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:13 pm

Hello,
guys that have recieved in these days the raspberry, can tell me if is a rev1 or rev2 of board?
Many thanks.

Albe605C

Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:15 pm

InnocentSam wrote:I ordered mine 29th June and I emailed RS about some mess-up with emailing. They said mine will be dispatched Friday or Monday, which is a bit poor seeing as my order number is well below the "Last Order Dispatched" number for this week.
Order number?

Herkus

Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:13 pm

hello. I placed an order on june 27th. order number 116xxx.

I believe it should have been shipped last week (from 1st to 7th of october) but... no news. I'm from Belgium, so, in EU...

Am I wrong on the date ?

bhgr1

Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:07 pm

Albe605C wrote: Order number?
#112xxx

deja1

Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:41 am

Ordered mine from RS on the 17th of July with order number 101xx. Expected delivery time was 11 weeks, received an email on the 28th of August that RS were expecting delays. My friend has ordered two after I had ordered mine on two separate occasions and received them both in a timely manner from a different vendor. His second Pi ordered a week ago was even a rev2. I’d love RS to explain how other vendors are capable of delivering and they are not. It’s clearly unreasonable to think using the excuse that the “delay is due to the very high level of demand on the core Raspberry Pi processor chip” will satisfy customers when everyone else seems to be having no issues. Do RS believe that the market that they are selling to does not have access to the internet and can see other people getting theirs? What’s worse is that people with newer order numbers are receiving theirs and mine still hasn't shipped.

It’s also fantastic how RS have charged my card in advance but offer nothing in return apart from an email stating there would be another delay. How are they still in business with this kind of terrible service?

DO NOT BUY FROM RS.

sdjf

Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:44 am

Some more questions have been answered in the more recent update from RS (#4) which may not have been stickied yet, about Rev2, Allied, etc.

http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/viewt ... 23&t=19670
FORUM TIP: To view someone's posting history, sign in, click on their user name, then on "Search User's Posts." || Running ArchLinuxArm on Model 2B and 512MB Model B

Return to “General discussion”