fdboer

Re: RS & Allied Update #3 (27 Sep)

Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:16 am

Order #1010104xxx submitted Jun 25th was dispatched Oct 4th and received Oct 11th.
The package was sent untracked and arrived within the 5 days EU expected delivery time as mentioned in the dispatch conformation email. The shipment included a case and SD card.

Installation was a snap although I felt a little bit uncomfortable pushing the board in the case. The fit is very tight and it needs a little force to push it past the 'holder clips' into position. Anyway, not rushing the task, it was just a delicate push on the left and the right and after that the board didn't even move pushing connectors into position.

I did notice that my shipped unit was still a rev. #1 board (no holes) but to be honest for me this makes little to no difference. It works, that was the important part. :D

So after all, it took a while but RS delivers.

pazza1664

Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:17 am

Hi,

I have recieved my pi, I can't find my order no atm but it was shipped on the 5th which is when RS said it would (my order number was meant for dispatch between 1-7th October).

I have a rev1 board.

Looking forward to getting started!

raven_squire

Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:42 am

Everyone here is upset and rightly so.

- It seems to me that RS has not taken responsibility for their inability to make deliveries. Instead they artfully palm responsibility off to the “high level of demand on the core Raspberry Pi processor chip”. This excuse has been exposed by their competitors who have been able to make deliveries in a timely fashion. So RS whose fault is it really yours or the SOC?
- Secondly the level of communication has been very poor. They have sent out one email apologising and a link to FAQs with lead times. They never explained that they are not responding to e-mails. Even after their Australian office insisted I write an e-mail. They also haven’t given WEEKLY updates as they claimed in their first post

“We are not currently in a position to respond to all questions raised through these threads, however we’re working with moderators and will continue to address the key themes in our weekly update posts. For immediate information please refer to the FAQ’s in the first instance.”

Why are they updating on forums and not contacting their customers directly?

- They have not offered to cancel orders. Given that it’s public knowledge that the Raspberry Pi can be sourced elsewhere without delay why have they not offered to cancel orders? By sitting on these stale orders they are just forcing people to wait and be dissatisfied with their service. Have they stopped to think what this is costing then in terms of their image?

- Finally their making announcements that there delivering revision two boards yet the forums are telling a different story. This is just rubbing salt into the wound.

I think RS know how to take a bad situation and make it worse. Well that’s my ten cents, I’ll be going to my bank tomorrow and putting a cancelation dispute on my credit card for “Goods not being delivered” and i'd reccomend anyone else in the same situation do the same!!!

Starkey

Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:41 am

raven_squire wrote: - They have not offered to cancel orders.
Not publicly, no.

I've emailed them twice this week.

They ignored many of my questions, but did send this :
Good Morning,

I do apology for the delay on getting your parcel to you. The date that we are looking at dispatching your order in the week of thre(sic) 12th-18th November.

If this is unacceptable we are able to cancel and refund your order.
Thank you for your patience and sorry for the delay,
Given the problem people seem to be having with cancelling, I'm going to wait and see if it comes this time.

I will never use this company again, I've had more meaningful and speedier correspondence with Chinese companies I have ordered off, despite clearly having language barrier and time zone issues to overcome.

jaeger

Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:06 pm

Just so you can keep track of the orders, my order (1243XX) was shipped today :P

cito

Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:56 pm

my info:
Order 139783

Date of order Mon, 02 Jul 2012, 09:08 PM

RS Stock No. Qty Description Unit Price Goods Value
Case-CLR 1 Raspberry Pi Type B Case - Clear £3.99 £3.99
756-8308 1 Raspberry Pi Type B Single Board Computer £21.60 £21.60
2000114151 1 HDMI cable for Raspberry Pi £3.39 £3.39
Running Total £28.98
Standard Delivery (Despatch expected within 11 week(s)) £4.95
Order total £33.93

still waiting, no updates

When I try to pull up my order info on their website nothing exists.

They charged my card back on July 3, 2012

When I go to their website and put in my order number it says it cant find anything.

I called the US site and they have no records of any order, but said to call the UK site, the UK site said they didn't have any information.

their website sucks and typing in order number just shows no record.

the uk site won't even let me register cause my IP address is from the States.

I've tried a proxy but it detected the anon web proxy I found and tried.

so far no email, no updates, nothing. Just charged me over $50 usd and Im still waiting for any update at all.

Return to “General discussion”