Asdf11541

libc.so.6 download

Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:17 pm

I'm trying to download steam for Linux on Raspberry Pi and when i try to download it comes up with "You are missing the following 32-bit libraries, and Steam may not run: libc.so.6" and i can't find on the forums or on the internet how to download it so i was wondering how to download this.

itimpi

Re: libc.so.6 download

Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:48 am

It sounds like you have a generic Linux version for Intel based systems. You will need a version that is specifically built for the ARM processor on the Pi (assuming one even exists).

ghans

Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:48 am

It seems unlikely that Steam will ever run on something else than Intel/AMD machines. Most available games also will never run on something else
than an Intel/AMD machine , so i doubt it matters much.

ghans
• Don't like the board ? Missing features ? Change to the prosilver theme ! You can find it in your settings.
• Don't like to search the forum BEFORE posting 'cos it's useless ? Try googling : yoursearchtermshere site:raspberrypi.org

allfox

Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:22 am

Aside from the compatibility problem. Pi is too slow for gaming.

You need a new PC.

fruitoftheloom

Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:51 am

Asdf11541 wrote:I'm trying to download steam for Linux on Raspberry Pi and when i try to download it comes up with "You are missing the following 32-bit libraries, and Steam may not run: libc.so.6" and i can't find on the forums or on the internet how to download it so i was wondering how to download this.
The STEAM Client does not run on the Raspberry Pi Hardware, where did you receive that information that it actually does ??

https://github.com/ValveSoftware/steam-for-linux
adieu

My other Computer is an Asus CS10 ChromeBit running Chrome Operating System.
HP Envy 4500 Wireless Printer supported by HPLIP software in Raspbian Buster.
Raspberry Pi Model 2B v1.1

Return to “General discussion”