Page 1 of 1

rev2 from RS?

Posted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:09 pm
by Lactobacillus
Has anyone already received a rev2 board from RS?

Re: rev2 from RS?

Posted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:30 pm
by W. H. Heydt
Shouldn't the question be...Has anyone received a Pi at all from RS recently?

Re: rev2 from RS?

Posted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:44 pm
by jamesh
I think once RS start sending stuff out from their next batch they will all be rev2, When that will be is anyone's guess.

Re: rev2 from RS?

Posted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:27 am
by W. H. Heydt
jamesh wrote:I think once RS start sending stuff out from their next batch they will all be rev2, When that will be is anyone's guess.
Yeah...Liz has said they'll be Rev. 2 boards. RS has said that they're expecting a shipment of 40K before the end of September.

I can understand the the problem with the SoC supply and the knock-on consequences of that. *Cases* however are rather more puzzling...being two pieces of injection molded plastic. (Is plastic in short supply in the UK?) Yesterday...they were expecting 'despatch within 7 days' for all thre case "colors" (if you count "clear" as a color.....). This evening, two of the cases have a "back ordered until" of 8 October, and the third one (the white case) until 5 November. (Burn a case in effigy, maybe?)

Re: rev2 from RS?

Posted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:51 am
by thsBavR10
I recently got to a question, where is my order, the following answer:
"We are currently still shipping the version 1.0 boards and this will be what is supplied to you with your order
We are unable to change the order the Raspberry Pi boards are despatched in, so cannot move you in the queue to receive the revision 2.0 of the board
The only difference between the boards is an added audio codec and the inclusion of mounting holes should the Pi be required for industrial applications. The case supplied by ourselves or various other third parties are all designed for the revision 1 board without the need for the mounting holes"
They never anwered my questions following this mail.
I hope, this is a joke!

Re: rev2 from RS?

Posted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:01 am
by jamesh
Added audio codec? What are they talking about?

Re: rev2 from RS?

Posted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:02 pm
by itimpi
jamesh wrote:Added audio codec? What are they talking about?
I suspect this is their 'interpretation' of the changes to the GPIO headers?

Re: rev2 from RS?

Posted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:13 pm
by thsBavR10
jamesh wrote:Added audio codec? What are they talking about?
Hopefully RS will answer this question.
In my answer is send them also liz' statement, that RS will now deliver rev2 boards,
but they went back to "silent mode".

Re: rev2 from RS?

Posted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:58 am
by liz
Interesting. Head office definitely told us they'd be Rev2 - perhaps the message hasn't percolated out to some of the sales teams.

Re: rev2 from RS?

Posted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:23 pm
by thsBavR10
I've got today this:
"Apologies for the delay in replying to your email.
On checking the status of the forum I have to inform you that we are still despatching the version 1 Raspberry Pi and the information on the forum is incorrect.
Kind regards
Raspberry Pi Team"
But it is not the first company, where management & workers have different "knowledge bases".

Re: rev2 from RS?

Posted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:35 pm
by Burngate
They're "still despatching the version 1 Raspberry Pi" at a rate of zero per day.

Do they have a pile of revision 1 boards waiting for the SoC?

Or has the "version 1 revision 2" got Chinese-whispered?

Re: rev2 from RS?

Posted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:23 pm
by Lactobacillus
I have the bad feeling that they ordered A LOT of ref1 boards and when they have SoCs again they will assemble them all and send these old ones to us ...

Re: rev2 from RS?

Posted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:12 am
by jamesh
'Tis weird this one.

Re: rev2 from RS?

Posted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:49 am
by RaTTuS
as they are making them in china they will be getting deliveries in batches not like farnell
as to what board ... well we'll see when they shuffle out their next load

Re: rev2 from RS?

Posted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:10 am
by nroff-man
Good day.

I think we have all been reasonably patient waiting for delivery from
RS. My own order was made on the 27th of June.

However, should the next batch be a R1 board and not an R2 then I will be
definitely sending it straight back for a refund and eventually will go to
FARNELL. I suggest everyone else does the same.

Bye bye.

Re: rev2 from RS?

Posted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:41 pm
by Dweeber
In the US, Farnell is still shipping Rev1 boards.

Re: rev2 from RS?

Posted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:59 pm
by nroff-man
Lo.

Thanks for the advice, I have looked around the forum
and it seems hit and miss regarding receiving an R2 board
or not from FARNELL. I am in London, England and that
would appear to make no difference.

With regard to RS, I will give them the chance to deliver. They
have been incompetent so far and I would have cancelled
already if it were not for this R2 update. If this is a deceit then
I will definitely return it as said already.

If this doesn't work out I will just wait until next year to buy
a board, whenever R3 appears.

Bye bye

Re: rev2 from RS?

Posted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:03 pm
by plugwash
nroff-man wrote:I am in London, England and that
would appear to make no difference.
I haven't seen a single report of anyone getting a rev 2 board from any of premier farnell's US subsidaries.

Whereas in europe it seems to be pot luck which rev you get at the moment.

Re: rev2 from RS?

Posted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:05 pm
by nroff-man
Hi, just a conclusion.

According to http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/viewt ... 23&t=18576
the current batch of 40,000 items is R1. The next batch scheduled for November
which are order item number 150000 and over will be R2.

I have cancelled now. It was almost worth waiting for but not any more.

Good luck,
Bye!

Re: rev2 from RS?

Posted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:40 am
by Apollinaris
nroff-man wrote:Hi, just a conclusion.

According to http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/viewt ... 23&t=18576
the current batch of 40,000 items is R1. The next batch scheduled for November
which are order item number 150000 and over will be R2.

I have cancelled now. It was almost worth waiting for but not any more.

Good luck,
Bye!
BTW: Did you get a confirmation mail when you cancelled your order?

I cancelled mine a week ago but still no response from RS.

Re: rev2 from RS?

Posted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:35 pm
by nroff-man
Hi

I got a automated response claiming to be from
donotreply AT rstest DOT com

I don't believe RS own that domain yet I also don't
believe it to be anything but a legitimate response.

Bye