hawkachu

New Stockist Proto-Pic.co.uk

Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:02 pm

Hey all

Ive found a new stockist that are stocking Farnell Model 2 Rev 2 boards in the UK

http://www.Proto-pic.co.uk

I found them completely by accident so ill tell my story

i originally ordered my Pi from RS (end of June 102XXX) After no communications and the order delay (which i never got any communication about from RS ) i canceled the order (7th Sept) and as may am still waiting on a Paypal fund return (14th day was to so i raised ticket with paypal and it let me) :(

The same day (7th Sept), i ordered from Farnell.

Today (21st) i get an email saying they couldnt process order because i used a Visa Electron card!!!!
so....

In a mood i thought id look on ebay or Amazon for one and pay over the odds but get one as ive been waiting MONTHS......

on Amazon i found a Pi for £33 but it also had the seller which was Proto-Pic.

i did some research and found there site http://www.proto-pic.co.uk

They had one left at £30.59 Inc Vat so i ordered it and found they where based 5 miles from my house and that i could actually go pick it up instead of having it delivered :) :) :)

Everything went through (got several emails during the process) and i was to call the sales team to arrange collection which I did.
I called through but was an answering machine so i left a message with my number to call back.

5 mins later, the phone rings and its the sales team. the member of staff explained to me that there stock levels where updated every 15 mins on the site and unfortunately i was sniped :(

But that theres an order coming in on monday and they will call me when they arrive so i can go pic up :)

Raspberry PI at last :lol: and its a Ver 2 ;)

Thought id share this with you all who are still having issues getting your hands on a RP in the UK and there taking Visa Electron and Paypal for those interested

also carry the GPIO cables and other accessories if you have a look at there site

Roll on Monday :D
\m/ ( . ) \m/ Rockin with 2 Farnell Raspberry Pi's Rev 1 & 2 (UK) \m/ ( . ) \m/
Rev 1 is a Tinker-Pi, Rev 2 building in a Radio/Audio mixing desk project

plugwash
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: New Stockist Proto-Pic.co.uk

Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:16 pm

Hmm, what strikes me as dodgy is that proto-pic are advertising them as rev 2.0 when afaict there is no way of gauranteeing rev 2.0 Pis with a farnell order.

hawkachu

Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:19 pm

true but will find out on monday

its was more the fact that i was contacted very quickly and they take visa electron and paypal

to be honest i couldn't care if its a rev 1 or 2

Ive been waiting so.......... long to get my hands on one

hawkachu

Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:17 pm

Well here is the update......

They called (as promised) at 3pm to say they had them in and i could collect

And it is a Rev 2 (Made in the UK)

For anyone else wanting one, they still have stock of 84 (at time of post)

DogEars

Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:25 am

I've ordered two as I wanted the P5 header (yesterday afternoon), I've just received an SMS stating they'll be delivered between 1 & 2 today, watch this space.
Ears.

DogEars

Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:53 pm

DogEars wrote:I've ordered two as I wanted the P5 header (yesterday afternoon), I've just received an SMS stating they'll be delivered between 1 & 2 today, watch this space.
Ears.
Arrived around 13:40, Next day delivery! I had to check the invoice to confirm I actually took the FREE delivery option.
Pleased to finally get the rev2 versions in hand. :)

Ears.

PeterO

Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:14 am

plugwash wrote:Hmm, what strikes me as dodgy is that proto-pic are advertising them as rev 2.0 when afaict there is no way of gauranteeing rev 2.0 Pis with a farnell order.
I could it be that if you are ordering via a business account in the UK then they probably can guarantee that you'll get Rev2 boards because there are no more Rev1s left in their "for UK account customers" supply chain ?

PeterO
Discoverer of the PI2 XENON DEATH FLASH!
Interests: C,Python,PIC,Electronics,Ham Radio (G0DZB),1960s British Computers.
"The primary requirement (as we've always seen in your examples) is that the code is readable. " Dougie Lawson

Return to “General discussion”