viper

Just got my board

Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:30 pm

Good Morning,

My board arrived yesterday - from element 14 ordered it Monday (they had 100 in stock in the USA) shipped and arrived in two days.

The board I ordered back in April is still on order, expected to now arrive sometime in October.

I powered it up, and had some fun last night, and, after reading the updates on the web-site, decided to update the O/S boot image to wheezy. ... And now it won't boot anymore. :)

I'll be figuring this out over the weekend

Cheers!

-Ed

viper

Re: Just got my board

Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:23 am

OK - it's Friday night, and I am a HUGE Fan of Berry Boot Installer

Whoever spent the time and effort assembling this utility has me as a fan

Thanks!!!

-Ed

0117blocky

Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:46 pm

I just received my second (30 mins ago) Rpi from Farnell. I ordered it beginning of this week and it is Rev 01 board with the USB polyfuses. From the sticky label it was manufactured in July. It works fine atm as I'm using it right now to type this out:)

plugwash
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:29 pm

I wonder if when farnell got pretty much caught up with outstanding orders they sent some boards by ship to save money.

Uncle Nelli

Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:10 am

FedEx attempted to deliver 2 Maplin Pi Kits today - I'll have to phone them tomorrow and collect late tomorrow or early Friday from the courier depot (easiest option rather then getting it delivered to a neighbour)

These 2 kits were ordered on 03 Sept and delivered (attempted in 23 days)
albeit missing 2 PiBox cases - on back-order

The Pi I ordered from RS on 04 Aug is still not here - I checked online only to find my order # was not recognised. A phone call told me that it was no longer available to check online, but would be delivered late Nov (original order stated 17 weeks = 09 Dec)

I've no idea what version of boards I will get - I'm assuming both Maplin boards are the same.

I won't be ordering from RS again!

Return to “General discussion”