erihil

Autonomous Car

Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:42 pm

I am doing a school project where i need to get two self driving RC-cars to send signal to each other. One car will be in front and send signal to the one in the back, and the one in the back will only do the same as the one in the front (wont really be self driving). I am going to be using two RPI 3 model B for the communication. I was planing on using the BLE function that comes whit the RPI but i am having very little successes. I have tried using gatttool,hcitool and hciconfig, and the closes i have gotten to establish connection is using gatttool . But that only works for about 30 sec before they disconnects.

Is is bad to be using BLE for this? Is there a better way for me to be handling this problem?
If any one have a suggestion on a different way to handle the communication i will gladly revive it.

ghans

Re: Autonomous Car

Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:39 pm

What is wrong with Bluetooth Classic ?

ghans
• Don't like the board ? Missing features ? Change to the prosilver theme ! You can find it in your settings.
• Don't like to search the forum BEFORE posting 'cos it's useless ? Try googling : yoursearchtermshere site:raspberrypi.org

erihil

Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:22 am

Because me teacher wanted it. Do you think classic will work just as fine?

youness

Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:56 am

Try to disable Wi-Fi, this may result in more stable Bluetooth.

Code: Select all

sudo ifdown wlan0

Return to “General discussion”