shantannunandan

Raspberry PI 3 keeps of rebooting

Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:37 pm

I am a new Raspberry Pi user. I bought a Pi 3 recently. I installed rasbian on it by using NOOBS abd SD Card Formatter. After completing the installation i set a root password by using -- sudo passwd
The problem which i am facing is after the installation i tried to open inbuild web browser. After the browser opens i tried to open a website but as soon as i did it the PI starts rebooting it self. After rebooting automatically for 4-5 times it finally gives the first screen(desktop screen). Again i tried to open the browser and then a website the whole process repeated again(auto rebooting).

And also when i switch on the PI after auto rebooting for 3-4 times it starts and gives the desktop screen.
I checked the space on my SD card by using command -- free -m and the output says i have 650MB space left with me.
I am using a 16 GB memory card.

Electron752

Re: Raspberry PI 3 keeps of rebooting

Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:37 pm

One possibility is that something weird happened when you went to the website. I have issues with that from time to time on my Intel PC behind an expensive firewall/content filter.

Usually I just blank out the PC and reinstall. Since the RPI has an external SD card, it should be rather easy to just remove it and blank it out again.

davidcoton

Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:59 pm

What are you using as a power supply? The recommended supply is 5.1V and capable of 2.5A.
Signature retired

solar3000

Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:44 pm

Over heating? Power insufficient?
Antikythera

Return to “General discussion”