Re: How remove the lightning bulb

Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:27 am

Zinkwazi wrote:
Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:57 pm
AMV007 wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:13 am
to remove lightning bulb: add "avoid_warnings=1" to /boot/config.txt
Thanks, this worked perfectly!
Not really. You have disabled an important warning. Your Pi will be more susceptible to random failures and SD card corruption. The proper fix is to improve the power supply.
Principal Software Engineer at Raspberry Pi (Trading) Ltd.
Contrary to popular belief, humorous signatures are allowed.
I've been saying "Mucho" to my Spanish friend a lot more lately. It means a lot to him.

Gemmavidal8

Fri Dec 28, 2018 12:30 pm

klricks wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:02 pm
bask185 wrote:I have the latest version of raspbian and there is a lightning bulb in the top right of the screen. I know what it is for but what I don't know is how I can get rid of it. It shines through all applications and I cannot have that

So how can I turn it off?
Use a better power supply and/or a better quality micro USB cable.
This is good option!

[mod: removed sneaky spam link placed inside the quote. naughty, naughty]

chwe

Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:19 pm

6by9 wrote:
Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:13 pm
How are you updating? apt-get (recommended) or rpi-update (here be dragons!)? Any idea of the fw/kernel version when it started?
There was a change (1 March) to allow control of the power LED from Linux, but apart from potentially a blip during boot, that shouldn't change the behaviour.
why do you provide rpi-update if you don't recommend it? :lol:

jamesh
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator

Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:23 pm

chwe wrote:
6by9 wrote:
Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:13 pm
How are you updating? apt-get (recommended) or rpi-update (here be dragons!)? Any idea of the fw/kernel version when it started?
There was a change (1 March) to allow control of the power LED from Linux, but apart from potentially a blip during boot, that shouldn't change the behaviour.
Because it's is sometimes useful when helping out people who need very recent firmware or kernel changes to fix an issue and who don't mind using test firmware. Most people don't need the bleeding edge stuff, so only use rpi-update if recomended to do so by a Pi engineer.
Principal Software Engineer at Raspberry Pi (Trading) Ltd.
Contrary to popular belief, humorous signatures are allowed.
I've been saying "Mucho" to my Spanish friend a lot more lately. It means a lot to him.

rpdom

Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:59 am

jamesh wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:23 pm
chwe wrote:
Because it's is sometimes useful when helping out people who need very recent firmware or kernel changes to fix an issue and who don't mind using test firmware. Most people don't need the bleeding edge stuff, so only use rpi-update if recomended to do so by a Pi engineer.
Also, in the early days of Pi it was pretty much the only way to get an updated Kernel or firmware. Now that those are included in the repositories the majority of Pi users should not even need to know about rpi-update.

Return to “General discussion”