ilman

led indicator keep blinking and all of my port doesnt work

Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:50 pm

my raspberry led indicator keep blinking and all of my port is doesnt work while my friend's raspberry is just not like me and can function normally. what the problem with my pi? does it broke or what?

Burngate

Re: help

Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:48 pm

Is your Pi the same as your friend's? - are they both 3B?
What operating system have you and your friend got on your sd-cards?

It's possible you have an out-of-date system on your card.

One thing you could try - swap your sd-card with your friend's card, and see if your's now boots, and if his doesn't

W. H. Heydt

Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:55 pm

If it is the red LED that is blinking, that indicates a low voltage condition. It could be either your power supply (it cannot deliver enough current at full voltage so the load drags the voltage down) or the cable linking the power supply to the Pi has wires that are too long and/or thin and the voltage is dropping due to the resistance in the cable.

Short answer...get a better power supply and a relatively short, thick power cable.

ilman

Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:47 pm

Burngate wrote:Is your Pi the same as your friend's? - are they both 3B?
What operating system have you and your friend got on your sd-cards?

It's possible you have an out-of-date system on your card.

One thing you could try - swap your sd-card with your friend's card, and see if your's now boots, and if his doesn't
yes, we use the same type of pi, i use raspbian, i already try to change mine and my friend's but there is nothing changes, i forgot to tell you that is no problem to boot the pi, it is just all of my usb port can't use and blinking red led, if you suggest me to update my system, i'll try it and inform you latter

ilman

Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:51 pm

W. H. Heydt wrote:If it is the red LED that is blinking, that indicates a low voltage condition. It could be either your power supply (it cannot deliver enough current at full voltage so the load drags the voltage down) or the cable linking the power supply to the Pi has wires that are too long and/or thin and the voltage is dropping due to the resistance in the cable.

Short answer...get a better power supply and a relatively short, thick power cable.
but my friend's pi use the same power supply and can function normally buddy.

W. H. Heydt

Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:04 pm

ilman wrote:
W. H. Heydt wrote:If it is the red LED that is blinking, that indicates a low voltage condition. It could be either your power supply (it cannot deliver enough current at full voltage so the load drags the voltage down) or the cable linking the power supply to the Pi has wires that are too long and/or thin and the voltage is dropping due to the resistance in the cable.

but my friend's pi use the same power supply and can function normally buddy.
Even otherwise "identical" power supplies aren't going to be truly identical...and that's before one considers the possibility of manufacturing defects. If the cable isn't fixed to the power supply, try swapping cables with the one your friend is using. If it is fixed, or swapping cables doesn't change the behavior, then swap the power supplies.

Return to “General discussion”