jondallimore

433 MHz in python.

Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:13 pm

Hello.

I have a 433mhz transmitter and receiver connected to gpio pins and am using Tim Lelands RF outlet to transmit.

I can use his RF sniffer to receive in terminal. How can I read what is received in python so I can make use of it as a variable?

Heater

Re: 433 MHz in python.

Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:21 pm

How can we answer your question if you do not tell us exactly what hardware your have hooked to your Pi and how?
Memory in C++ is a leaky abstraction .

joan

Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:23 am

If you can sniff the code http://abyz.co.uk/rpi/pigpio/examples.h ... on__433_py should work.

jondallimore

Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:49 am

Heater wrote:How can we answer your question if you do not tell us exactly what hardware your have hooked to your Pi and how?
A 433mhz transmitter and receiver... As I said in my original post... Learn to read.

Moderator Rewarded inappropriate response with a strikethrough.

jondallimore

Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:52 am

joan wrote:If you can sniff the code http://abyz.co.uk/rpi/pigpio/examples.h ... on__433_py should work.
That looks rather useful, I couldn't see anything like that from Uncle Google last night. Thanks, will [MOD EDIT - PROFANITY REMOVED] play about with it when I get some time.

stderr

Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:03 am

jondallimore wrote:
Heater wrote:How can we answer your question if you do not tell us exactly what hardware your have hooked to your Pi and how?
A 433mhz transmitter and receiver... As I said in my original post... Learn to read.
Must not post snarky response.

jondallimore

Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:09 am

How about... must not post a waste of time response because the poster hasnt bothered to read the OP properly?

My reply to him was perfectly reasonable. If you want to see snarky, I can do snarky.
I have had it up to the gills with people who waste their time and my time with replies which are at best a mistake, at worse a deliberate wind up. Heater clearly did not bother reading my OP properly - or he would have known what hardware I had connected. The fact that his reply is 'snarky' is out of order. He could have simply asked politely.

Meanwhile, if you have something useful to contribute to the topic, go ahead, but if you just want to stick your nose in and post your own snarky response, go away.

achrn

Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:14 am

Personally, the first bit of 'snarky' I see in the thread is the comment "learn to read".

I agree the post "if you do not tell us exactly what hardware your have hooked to your Pi and how" was unreasonably blunt, but I also observe that the original post listed only the carrier frequency and that interface was via gpio pins. There's a lot of hardware available that fits into that definition.

"Learn to read", however, was pure and unmitigated snarky. "Go away" is not a useful contribution either. In my opinion.
Perhaps whoever posted "learn to read" should have simply responded politely.

mfa298

Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:24 am

jondallimore wrote:
That really doesn't help, I think I've got at least 8 different 433MHz radios that I could connect up to my Pi (some of them already are connected to Pis) and they all work in different ways.

Linking to the actual device used, and any code you've already got would help anyone trying to answer a lot.

rurwin
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:52 am

I'm tempted to delete a few posts to tidy this thread up, but I won't. Just let it drop now, all of you.

jondallimore, the "learn to read" was uncalled for and against the rules of this forum.
Heater, a little more verbose and less confrontational first answer might have helped.

In addition "433MHz transmitter and receiver" is much too little information to be able to help you. Please supply a manufacturer and part number or a link to the products you bought.

Return to “General discussion”