Schorschi

Pi Zeros Hard to Find Again?

Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:54 am

Pi Zeros Hard to Find Again? Can't seem to find a Pi Zero for less than $20 US? That just should not be the case, right?

stderr

Re: Pi Zeros Hard to Find Again?

Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:01 am

Schorschi wrote:Pi Zeros Hard to Find Again? Can't seem to find a Pi Zero for less than $20 US? That just should not be the case, right?
I guess it depends on how you define "should". In any case, it seems like https://shop.pimoroni.com/products/raspberry-pi-zero has stock at £4 and supposedly they ship to the US.

tweak42

Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:21 am

Schorschi wrote:Pi Zeros Hard to Find Again? Can't seem to find a Pi Zero for less than $20 US? That just should not be the case, right?
If you are fortunate to live near, pass near or know someone that can get one from Microcenter, they have had them available in store for months. RetailMeNot has had $5 off 30 coupon if you plan on picking up other items.

Otherwise monitor http://whereismypizero.com/ frequently.

CarlRJ

Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:27 am

WhereIsMyPiZero shows them in stock at Pimoroni, as stderr noted, and, out of stock at ThePiHut and Adafruit. I've had good results ordering from all three, from the west coast of the US.

I'd venture a guess it's possible that the ramp-up for the CM3 and CM3L might be having some effect on the production line.

fruitoftheloom

Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:28 am

Please read previous posts, this question has been asked and regurgitated countless times and another post adds nothing new !!!!!!
Retired disgracefully.....
......to a more gentile life !

W. H. Heydt

Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:43 am

fruitoftheloom wrote:
Please read previous posts, this question has been asked and regurgitated countless times and another post adds nothing new !!!!!!
He isn't asking about changes to the Pi Zero. He is bringing up a current supply issue. As others have noted, supplies are spotty at the moment. Adafruit, for instance is out of not just bare Pi Zeros, but the various "kits" as well. This appears to be a recent change, quite possibly within the last month.

W. H. Heydt

Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:44 am

CarlRJ wrote:WhereIsMyPiZero shows them in stock at Pimoroni, as stderr noted, and, out of stock at ThePiHut and Adafruit. I've had good results ordering from all three, from the west coast of the US.

I'd venture a guess it's possible that the ramp-up for the CM3 and CM3L might be having some effect on the production line.
Possible. Also possible that there is a ramp up for the Pi3A launch that is chewing up production capacity.

fruitoftheloom

Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:23 am

W. H. Heydt wrote:
fruitoftheloom wrote:
He isn't asking about changes to the Pi Zero. He is bringing up a current supply issue. As others have noted, supplies are spotty at the moment. Adafruit, for instance is out of not just bare Pi Zeros, but the various "kits" as well. This appears to be a recent change, quite possibly within the last month.
I do know what the OP is asking and the discussion about supply or lack of and why that should be has been explained numerous times, it is what it is and another post adds nothing new.........
Retired disgracefully.....
......to a more gentile life !

alexeames
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:07 am

Actually I don't think this thread was doing any harm, but now it's turned argumentative AND the OP's question has been answered, I'm locking it to avoid the downward spiral of bickering.
Alex Eames RasPi.TV, RasP.iO

Return to “General discussion”