I live in Norway, and buying the B-model at the current USD exchange rate would add customs / VAT, almost doubling the price. Therefore, I am thinking of going with an A-model and buying what I consider necessary accessories from Dealextreme. I\'d really like your comments as to what would work and what wouldn\'t. Other component suggestions are also welcome
* For power and USB, I\'ve been thinking of combining these items:
- http://www.dealextreme.com/p/usb-ac-pow ... 40v-103306
- http://www.dealextreme.com/p/cable-styl ... -hub-13526
- http://www.dealextreme.com/p/usb-a-fema ... pter-26780
The advantage of this setup would be that only one power outlet would be needed. The micro USB from the AC charger would go into the Raspi. The black USB connector from the hub would go into the Raspi\'s USB port. The red USB would go into the mini USB on the AC charger via the adapter. In theory I would then have 3 powered USB ports plus one mini USB port available. But would it work? Maybe the AC charger isn\'t strong enough?
* For networking, I found these options to be decent:
- Wireless: http://www.dealextreme.com/p/ultra-mini ... hite-67532
($ 8.10) I read somewhere else on these forums that it has Linux drivers.
- Wired: http://www.dealextreme.com/p/usb-2-0-10 ... ngle-34691
($ 6.99) I don\'t know if it has Linux drivers, though.
- 4 gig: http://www.dealextreme.com/p/designer-s ... -4gb-42357
- 8 gig: http://www.dealextreme.com/p/designer-s ... -8gb-42354
($ 10.50) I don\'t know about the speed or compatibility of these cards, though.
As mentioned, comments are welcome!