RichInTheUSA

Pi Christmas Gifts....

Mon Dec 26, 2016 5:34 am

Merry Christmas!!! Hopefully many of you received a raspberry pi or peripherals this Christmas! This thread is to share what you got, and what you plan on doing with your new gifts!

I received an Element14 7 inch touch screen display from my wife. Nice little interface... just got it going, so have not figured out what I'll do with it quite yet.

If you got a pi or peripheral... share your story here! Merry Christmas!!!!

Enjoy, Rich

alphanumeric

Re: Pi Christmas Gifts....

Mon Dec 26, 2016 11:20 am

I got the following for Christmas.
A 3B that I installed Libreelec/KODI on.
An official Pi 3 Black Grey case that I proceeded to drill numerous cooling holes in and put that 3B in it.
One of the new A+'s that I then mounted to my sense hat for a weather clock. Raspbian Jessie with Pixel running a Python script.
A DS3231 RTC that I added to my weather clock so it could keep perfect time without needing a network connection. It runs totally headless.
A+ > Proto Hat with the RTC breakout board soldered to it > Sense Hat. Astro Pi ish.
One of the new Zero's with the CSI port on it, and a PIBOW case to go with it. Raspbian Jessie with Pixel is installed but its not actually in use at the moment.

I have 7 Pi's with 4 of them allocated to dedicated projects/uses.

CJ6

Mon Dec 26, 2016 7:07 pm

Bring out the diapers, I'm brand new to the pi world. I got the Vilros Starter Kit from my wife. I am mainly just looking to play around with the pi and see what's (easily) possible.. maybe try to figure out the retro gaming options, media player options, security camera options, and more. I'm not a programmer, unfortunately. I wish the Vilros kit came with some instructions on what can be done with the little pieces and switches, but it didn't. (So, I don't know if I would call it a "Starter kit."
I'm new to the forum here and will be looking through a lot of postings when my kids let me.

Has anyone made a pi into a rangefinder? I'd love to connect several sensors to it to capture the dimensions of a room with 1 click.

I'd also love to see what projects have been done and find out what sensors are most useful.

alphanumeric

Mon Dec 26, 2016 7:55 pm

Lots of cool projects and tutorials here, https://learn.adafruit.com/category/raspberry-pi and here https://learn.pimoroni.com/

I'm not a programmer either, but I've had good luck with projects in Python.

Return to “General discussion”