User avatar
mad-hatter
Posts: 419
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:58 pm
Location: By the UK seaside

Pi Zero's available

Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:44 pm

Raspberry Pi Zero V1.3 (With Camera Connector) Plus Essentials Kit £14.00, free Postage
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/231988882861?ul_noapp=true

DirkS
Posts: 9213
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:46 pm
Location: Essex, UK

Re: Pi Zero's available

Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:50 pm

That seems to be an alternative outlet from PiHut
In their regular shop it's £10 + p&p (https://thepihut.com/collections/raspbe ... 4062725188 ).
That's cheaper than on ebay...

W. H. Heydt
Posts: 9040
Joined: Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:36 pm
Location: Vallejo, CA (US)

Re: Pi Zero's available

Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:23 pm

Right...about $17 for a $5 Pi Zero plus a $5 camera adaptor. Do the math.

stderr
Posts: 2178
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:29 pm

Re: Pi Zero's available

Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:22 am

W. H. Heydt wrote:Right...about $17 for a $5 Pi Zero plus a $5 camera adaptor. Do the math.
Don't they have a $25 pi camera with the zero cable? So with zero, $30?

W. H. Heydt
Posts: 9040
Joined: Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:36 pm
Location: Vallejo, CA (US)

Re: Pi Zero's available

Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:43 am

stderr wrote:
W. H. Heydt wrote:Right...about $17 for a $5 Pi Zero plus a $5 camera adaptor. Do the math.
Don't they have a $25 pi camera with the zero cable? So with zero, $30?
As described, it's the Pi Zero ($5) with the special Pi Zero camera adaptor cable ($5). Now if there is a camera module in there as well, even if it's the old (5MP) one, then it's a good deal.

User avatar
davidcoton
Posts: 3192
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:37 pm
Location: Cambridge, UK

Re: Pi Zero's available

Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:28 am

W. H. Heydt wrote: As described, it's the Pi Zero ($5) with the special Pi Zero camera adaptor cable ($5). Now if there is a camera module in there as well, even if it's the old (5MP) one, then it's a good deal.
That's not what I see on the link given. There is no camera cable, just the headers, HDMI and USB adapters, and bump feet. That mat not affect your conclusion, though.
"Thanks for saving my life." See https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1327656#p1327656
“Raspberry Pi is a trademark of the Raspberry Pi Foundation”

mikerr
Posts: 2728
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:46 pm
Location: UK
Contact: Website

Re: Pi Zero's available

Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:19 am

Sub £10 pi zero camera and cable is possible if you "go china":

Camera module: £6.39
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/5MP-OV5647-Ca ... 1707189800

Zero camera cable: £2.34 (£1.70 for multiples)
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pi-Zero-Camer ... 2323861415

Total: £8.73
Android app - Raspi Card Imager - download and image SD cards - No PC required !

Return to “General discussion”