amyren

Watcing live NRK TV

Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:52 pm

I found that there is a plugin for xbmc for watching NRK. It does work to watch some stuff from the NRK archive, but I couldnt get Live TV to work, then I get only sound and no picture.
But I found another method of watching it on the desktop instead.
You will need mplayer for this, so get it by typing "sudo apt-get install mplayer"
Then you can launch nrk1 with this typing "mplayer <link>", like this for NRK1:
mplayer mms://a1377.l11673952706.c116739.g.lm.akamaistream.net/D/1377/116739/v0001/reflector:52706

link for NRK2 and NRK3 are:
mms://a746.l11674151924.c116741.g.lm.akamaistream.net/D/746/116741/v0001/reflector:51924
mms://a1372.l11674333102.c116743.g.lm.akamaistream.net/D/1372/116743/v0001/reflector:33102

Ps. if the links above shows with some ... in your browser, then right click on the link to copy the full url.
Also note that mplayer is pretty slow on the Pi, so the video will probably be slow and the sound stuttering. But maybe with maximum overclocking it can be watchable, I havent tried to fine tune this.
Note that this info only applies for norwegian useres, since I think that the streaming is blocked from ip-adresses outside norway.

ghans

Re: Watcing live NRK TV

Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:42 pm

Are those links static ? They look like auto-generated for a CDN. Sadly mplayer does not currently benefit
from hardware acceleration.

ghans
• Don't like the board ? Missing features ? Change to the prosilver theme ! You can find it in your settings.
• Don't like to search the forum BEFORE posting 'cos it's useless ? Try googling : yoursearchtermshere site:raspberrypi.org

amyren

Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:20 pm

Dont know if they will change in the future, but the links are as static as they get I guess.
The previous links I had lasted for almost two years, until they stopped working this summer.
I extracted these links in july and they still work for now.
But NRK is working on a new system (now NRK beta) and when this becomes the standard system I dont know how to get the links.

I also want to add that I did some testing by adding these links into .strm files for use in xbmc. xbmc loads the files and tries to play the stream, but only the audio works and there is no video. So that is the same issue as when using the xbmc NRK live plugin.
Maybe that paticular video stream use some codec that are unsupported xbmc?
If i was certain that it was mpeg2 I might try to buy a licence if the licence works for xbmc.

Seemes like mplayer is the only player on the Pi that can play these streams. I tried to use Omxplayer but it doesnt like mms: streams. (just quitting with have a nice day message)

henle

Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:48 am

amyren wrote: But NRK is working on a new system (now NRK beta) and when this becomes the standard system I dont know how to get the links.
The old streams use WMV3, so I think they will work if you buy a VC-1 codec license.

However, the h.264 streams in the new nett-tv are of better quality and can be played by omxplayer and XBMC. You need to go through some contortions to retrieve the HLS playlist, but it's certainly possible.

radioactive73

Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:18 am

amyren wrote:Dont know if they will change in the future, but the links are as static as they get I guess.
The previous links I had lasted for almost two years, until they stopped working this summer.
I extracted these links in july and they still work for now.
But NRK is working on a new system (now NRK beta) and when this becomes the standard system I dont know how to get the links.

I also want to add that I did some testing by adding these links into .strm files for use in xbmc. xbmc loads the files and tries to play the stream, but only the audio works and there is no video. So that is the same issue as when using the xbmc NRK live plugin.
Maybe that paticular video stream use some codec that are unsupported xbmc?
If i was certain that it was mpeg2 I might try to buy a licence if the licence works for xbmc.

Seemes like mplayer is the only player on the Pi that can play these streams. I tried to use Omxplayer but it doesnt like mms: streams. (just quitting with have a nice day message)
I'm having the same issue, mms streams just quite with a Have a Nice Day message while useing omxplayer. I would use mplayer but support for OpenMax is limited, I haven't heard of anyone getting it working on the Pi, yet.

Also see: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/viewt ... 4&p=167047

amyren

Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:16 pm

I did a test today and overclocked my Pi up to arm_freq = 1150 (overvolting 8), gpu and sdram at 500.
And the the mms video stream was better, but got out of sync with the audio with CPU at 100% load. So its not usable, but it feels like its almost there. Now, if only mplayer got updated with a bit optimizing, I think it would work good.

ps. Do you mind posting a link to the mms videostream you are trying to play, so I can do a test?

radioactive73

Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:36 am

I've been testing with mms://media.sonoma.edu/pinball.wmv which works but is jittery (no overclock) in mplayer but only software decoding.

oddbjoh

Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:57 am

As of 3rd Desember the live NRK broadcasts seems to work out of the box on Raspbmc; hence I assume that this issue can be easily resolved for other implementations as well.

/O

Return to “General discussion”