robotsandcake

SSH and Jessie Lite?

Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:09 pm

Okay, am I missing something entirely obvious here or is ssh NOT enabled by default on the new version of Raspbian Jessie Lite?

I tried multiple times with multiple SD cards and I was even forced to use Google before bothering you nice people on the forum! But I still can't find anything useful.

Can someone put me out of my misery please, is there something I need to do to enable ssh at boot on Jessie Lite?

Thanks in advance!

PS I need this to be completely headless and I need to be able to configure it via either my local laptop, or via ssh as I am quadriplegic so I can't independently plug in a keyboard, monitor and mouse to fix the problem. I mention it just to save you guys some time in suggesting that line of enquiry.

jahboater

Re: SSH and Jessie Lite?

Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:39 pm

Yes, it is enabled by default.

sparkyhall

Mon Oct 17, 2016 6:21 pm

I installed Jessie Lite only last night and ssh was already enabled.

What model Pi do have and how are you connecting, wi-fi or ethernet?

robotsandcake

Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:19 pm

Thanks for the replies everybody but the situation seems to have resolved itself.

I have no idea why, I used the same process to load the SD card in the same way that I do whenever I reinstall on one of my other 6 or 7 Raspberry Pis and it just would not work. Then, about 15 minutes after I posted this question I was able to login via ssh. Totally weird!

Just for the record I am using a Samsung 32 GB class 10 SD card, with a Raspberry Pi 3 and Raspbian Jessie Lite.

Thanks again!

Return to “General discussion”