DNPNWO
Posts: 126
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:51 am

[Howto] Enable Pepperflash in v51 Pixel chromium-browser

Fri Sep 30, 2016 8:09 pm

Looks like someone on reddit posted a youtube link for enabling v21 Pepperflash in the PIXEL Chromium Browser:
https://www.reddit.com/r/raspberry_pi/c ... _chromium/
Last edited by DNPNWO on Sat Oct 01, 2016 4:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

gkreidl
Posts: 6345
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:07 pm
Location: Germany

Re: [Howto] Enable Pepperflash in v51 Pixel chromium-browse

Sat Oct 01, 2016 5:47 am

DNPNWO wrote:Looks like someone on reddit posted a youtube link for enabling v21 Pepperflash in the PIXEL Chromium Browser:
https://www.reddit.com/r/raspberry_pi/c ... _chromium/
This is basically a copy of
viewtopic.php?f=66&t=99202
taken with a shaky camera so you cannot read it clearly (except for the download path).

But this pepperflash version doesn't work for me in he latest RPF release although it is shown in chromium and enabled.
Minimal Kiosk Browser (kweb)
Slim, fast webkit browser with support for audio+video+playlists+youtube+pdf+download
Optional fullscreen kiosk mode and command interface for embedded applications
Includes omxplayerGUI, an X front end for omxplayer

fruitoftheloom
Posts: 25803
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:40 pm
Location: Delightful Dorset

Re: [Howto] Enable Pepperflash in v51 Pixel chromium-browse

Sat Oct 01, 2016 6:19 am

The information is out there....you just have to let it in.

My other Linux machines are a ChromeBox & Intel CoreDuo Desktop

cjan
Posts: 912
Joined: Sun May 06, 2012 12:00 am

Re: [Howto] Enable Pepperflash in v51 Pixel chromium-browse

Sat Oct 01, 2016 7:07 am

gkreidl wrote:But this pepperflash version doesn't work for me in he latest RPF release although it is shown in chromium and enabled.
had same issue, change /usr/lib/chromium-browser/plugins/ to /usr/lib/chromium-browser/ and newer is V22.

gkreidl
Posts: 6345
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:07 pm
Location: Germany

Re: [Howto] Enable Pepperflash in v51 Pixel chromium-browse

Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:05 am

cjan wrote:
gkreidl wrote:But this pepperflash version doesn't work for me in he latest RPF release although it is shown in chromium and enabled.
had same issue, change /usr/lib/chromium-browser/plugins/ to /usr/lib/chromium-browser/ and newer is V22.
After moving the so and the manifest.json file from /usr/lib/chromium-browser/plugins to /usr/lib/chromium-browser and modifying the path in /etc/chromium-browser/customizations/01-pepper it really worked. I'm still using V 21 though.
Minimal Kiosk Browser (kweb)
Slim, fast webkit browser with support for audio+video+playlists+youtube+pdf+download
Optional fullscreen kiosk mode and command interface for embedded applications
Includes omxplayerGUI, an X front end for omxplayer

DNPNWO
Posts: 126
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:51 am

Re: [Howto] Enable Pepperflash in v51 Pixel chromium-browse

Sat Oct 01, 2016 1:42 pm

gkreidl wrote: This is basically a copy of
viewtopic.php?f=66&t=99202
taken with a shaky camera so you cannot read it clearly (except for the download path).

But this pepperflash version doesn't work for me in he latest RPF release although it is shown in chromium and enabled.
I installed it, works fine for me. The video directs you to the text file link with install instructions for v21 pepperflash on v51 PIXEL Chromium Browser

See: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2X5T2 ... 6156510051

gkreidl
Posts: 6345
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:07 pm
Location: Germany

Re: [Howto] Enable Pepperflash in v51 Pixel chromium-browse

Sat Oct 01, 2016 4:14 pm

DNPNWO wrote:
gkreidl wrote: This is basically a copy of
viewtopic.php?f=66&t=99202
taken with a shaky camera so you cannot read it clearly (except for the download path).

But this pepperflash version doesn't work for me in he latest RPF release although it is shown in chromium and enabled.
I installed it, works fine for me. The video directs you to the text file link with install instructions for v21 pepperflash on v51 PIXEL Chromium Browser

See: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2X5T2 ... 6156510051
I've edited the OP to show how you can get it to work in the latest version.
Minimal Kiosk Browser (kweb)
Slim, fast webkit browser with support for audio+video+playlists+youtube+pdf+download
Optional fullscreen kiosk mode and command interface for embedded applications
Includes omxplayerGUI, an X front end for omxplayer

Return to “General discussion”