mjflynt

Re: Anyone notice that Pixel v51 Chromium browser is snafu'd

Tue Oct 04, 2016 9:51 pm

kusti8 wrote:
mjflynt wrote:That was fast! Thanks to the parties responsible! Anyway, I noticed another Chromium update in Synaptic so installed it, and now I can log in again, but it syncs... And thus, the extensions that were added are not there. Can someone tell me the extensions that are on the basic Chromium install to get the Flash and YouTube support? Also, great job on the menus! This whole Pixel desktop is beautiful. I could use this as daily driver! Thanks everybody! Nice job!
Ublock origin and h264ify
Thank you sir! I put them back in place...

charlesjevans

Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:25 pm

After upgrading to PIXEL - web videos (CNN, YouTube) will not play at all. Reinstalling, updating, has no effect. Videos played OK with Epiphany.

aworan

Thu Oct 06, 2016 1:33 pm

DNPNWO wrote: Then the bigger question becomes, why is the v11 flash framework (all it appears is missing is the libpep*.so file) already in the Pixel v51 browser?
Because it comes in all packages in all architectures.
If you install chromium on a regular PC x86 under debian or Ubuntu you have THE SAME.
Flash in plugins but missing pepperflash.so too.
So it is the build script for deb packages, so you can ask debian or Ubuntu crew why but it is not raspbian PIXEL version related.

Return to “General discussion”