User avatar
exartemarte
Posts: 376
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:51 pm
Location: Middle England
Contact: Website

Re: CPC are here to answer questions :)

Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:17 pm

MicroStrand wrote:It would be nice to see an "unboxing video" on YouTube, so people get an idea of ​​what it looks like when 50 RPi's are unpacked. :D
And I thought I was a geek ...

jamesh
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator
Posts: 27065
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:41 pm

Re: CPC are here to answer questions :)

Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:45 pm

MicroStrand wrote:
CPC.co.uk wrote:Yeah they are, demand has been such that they are going to be manufactured in the UK and China. :)
It would be nice to see an "unboxing video" on YouTube, so people get an idea of ​​what it looks like when 50 RPi's are unpacked. :D
There is probably something on the BBC website - this clip I think http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-18853587 - at the Cambridge Raspberry Jam, Rory Cellan-Jones filmed a box of Pi's being snapped up by the people at the Jam! It's my hands in the film...!
Principal Software Engineer at Raspberry Pi (Trading) Ltd.
Contrary to popular belief, humorous signatures are allowed.
I've been saying "Mucho" to my Spanish friend a lot more lately. It means a lot to him.

User avatar
MicroStrand
Posts: 26
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:36 pm

Re: CPC are here to answer questions :)

Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:43 pm

jamesh wrote:There is probably something on the BBC website - this clip I think http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-18853587 - at the Cambridge Raspberry Jam, Rory Cellan-Jones filmed a box of Pi's being snapped up by the people at the Jam! It's my hands in the film...!
Thanks for the link jamesh, I could see some clips, but I fear not the one which you have mentioned. Anyway, it's that magical moment when 50 brand new RP's are unpacked from China and we can see them all at once. This would be extremely fascinating, isn't it!?? Real computers from real people for real customers, that's not only part of the business - that's life! :D
"Thinking and dreaming are an essential part of human existence. But they are not enough. Actually doing something - steering electrons about their myriad paths - is reality. Nothing substitutes for it." Charles H. Moore

User avatar
CPC.co.uk
Posts: 121
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:34 am
Location: Preston
Contact: Website

Re: CPC are here to answer questions :)

Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:57 pm

MicroStrand wrote:
CPC.co.uk wrote:Yeah they are, demand has been such that they are going to be manufactured in the UK and China. :)
It would be nice to see an "unboxing video" on YouTube, so people get an idea of ​​what it looks like when 50 RPi's are unpacked. :D
You ask, you get ;-)

Raspberry Pi Unboxing Video on our Facebook page...

Enjoy...
http://www.cpc.co.uk
http://www.facebook.com/cpc.co.uk
https://twitter.com/cpc_tweet

DynaMight
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:14 pm

Re: CPC are here to answer questions :)

Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:46 pm

Yeah just got one of these. Noticed the 'Made in China' which brought me to here!

Some slight differences compared to my UK one. Black audio out, PIO blocks are white again with sticker covers and different looking LAN/HDMI and USB blocks. The actual Made in China part is a sticker, I havent removed it but I assume it'll say Made in the UK underneath 8-)

Slight issue though, the composite connect is ever so slight crooked, not by much but a degree or two.

User avatar
MicroStrand
Posts: 26
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:36 pm

Re: CPC are here to answer questions :)

Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:48 pm

CPC.co.uk wrote:You ask, you get. ;-)
Thank you, you really did a fantastic job, nice music also! I'm happy now. :)
"Thinking and dreaming are an essential part of human existence. But they are not enough. Actually doing something - steering electrons about their myriad paths - is reality. Nothing substitutes for it." Charles H. Moore

User avatar
CPC.co.uk
Posts: 121
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:34 am
Location: Preston
Contact: Website

Re: CPC are here to answer questions :)

Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:56 pm

DynaMight wrote:Yeah just got one of these. Noticed the 'Made in China' which brought me to here!

Some slight differences compared to my UK one. Black audio out, PIO blocks are white again with sticker covers and different looking LAN/HDMI and USB blocks. The actual Made in China part is a sticker, I havent removed it but I assume it'll say Made in the UK underneath 8-)

Slight issue though, the composite connect is ever so slight crooked, not by much but a degree or two.
Thanks for the feedback on that DynaMight, we'll have a look at a couple tomorrow and see if there is a problem with that on them all :)
MicroStrand wrote:Thank you, you really did a fantastic job, nice music also! I'm happy now. :)
Thanks! And your welcome 8-)
http://www.cpc.co.uk
http://www.facebook.com/cpc.co.uk
https://twitter.com/cpc_tweet

User avatar
malakai
Posts: 1382
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:35 am
Contact: Website

Re: CPC are here to answer questions :)

Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:01 pm

I just want to hop in. I am in America and as such am not a current customer but they way you come here and keep people updated and the way you respond to requests is the way companies should do business no matter where or who their customers are. If you have a US affiliate or not I will always keep an eye on your site. I hope you can send my regards to your staff and co-workers and let them know if I ever say "this is how business should be done" I will gladly point my comments your way. :D
http://www.raspians.com - always looking for content feel free to ask to have it posted. Or sign up and message me to become a contributor to the site. Raspians is not affiliated with the Raspberry Pi Foundation. (RPi's + You = Raspians)

User avatar
CPC.co.uk
Posts: 121
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:34 am
Location: Preston
Contact: Website

Re: CPC are here to answer questions :)

Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:12 pm

malakai wrote:I just want to hop in. I am in America and as such am not a current customer but they way you come here and keep people updated and the way you respond to requests is the way companies should do business no matter where or who their customers are. If you have a US affiliate or not I will always keep an eye on your site. I hope you can send my regards to your staff and co-workers and let them know if I ever say "this is how business should be done" I will gladly point my comments your way. :D
Hey thanks malakai! - That really means a lot coming from someone that side of the pond! - We'll make sure we make sure those comments are heard! :D

We do have two sister companies over there, MCM Electronics (who can also be found lurking around these forums) and Newark - Be sure to check them out! (Names are clicky links :) )

Thanks again for letting us know your feedback, it really is appreciated!
http://www.cpc.co.uk
http://www.facebook.com/cpc.co.uk
https://twitter.com/cpc_tweet

DynaMight
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:14 pm

Re: CPC are here to answer questions :)

Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:01 pm

CPC.co.uk wrote:
DynaMight wrote:Yeah just got one of these. Noticed the 'Made in China' which brought me to here!

Some slight differences compared to my UK one. Black audio out, PIO blocks are white again with sticker covers and different looking LAN/HDMI and USB blocks. The actual Made in China part is a sticker, I havent removed it but I assume it'll say Made in the UK underneath 8-)

Slight issue though, the composite connect is ever so slight crooked, not by much but a degree or two.
Thanks for the feedback on that DynaMight, we'll have a look at a couple tomorrow and see if there is a problem with that on them all :)
I'm sorry to say but the Pi is also faulty. It appears to be linked to the USB port. Whenever I press a button on the remote or move the mouse the display goes blank for a second or so.

Same hardware and SD card has been running on my other Pi without any issues.

Video of the issue: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1j88dL0UEc

Hopefully not a common problem with the new batch! but I guess I'll email support and hopefully arrange RMA. :|

User avatar
CPC.co.uk
Posts: 121
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:34 am
Location: Preston
Contact: Website

Re: CPC are here to answer questions :)

Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:44 pm

DynaMight wrote:I'm sorry to say but the Pi is also faulty. It appears to be linked to the USB port. Whenever I press a button on the remote or move the mouse the display goes blank for a second or so.

Same hardware and SD card has been running on my other Pi without any issues.

Video of the issue: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1j88dL0UEc

Hopefully not a common problem with the new batch! but I guess I'll email support and hopefully arrange RMA. :|
Sorry about that! If you email directly to social@facebook@cpc.co.uk we'll take care of it for you, just let us know the order reference so we can find it :)

We'll check out some of the others in the batch tomorrow for sure first thing - We shipped out LOTS yesterday and this is the first we've heard of anything like this so hopefully this will just be an unfortunate one off case!

Sincere apologies for any inconvenience this might be causing you :(
http://www.cpc.co.uk
http://www.facebook.com/cpc.co.uk
https://twitter.com/cpc_tweet

User avatar
CPC.co.uk
Posts: 121
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:34 am
Location: Preston
Contact: Website

Re: CPC are here to answer questions :)

Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:12 am

CPC.co.uk wrote:Sorry about that! If you email directly to social@facebook@cpc.co.uk we'll take care of it for you, just let us know the order reference so we can find it :)
That, of course, should have been social@cpc.co.uk :oops:

But, it seems you knew that DynaMight as we got your email :D

However you didn't include your order reference, we've replied asking for it but just in case you came here first...

We've taken a cursory glance at some of the Pis we got in stock and they seem to be fine, but to be on the safe side we've pulled a few out and sent them to the workshop for testing - If we find anything seriously wrong we'll shout up :)
http://www.cpc.co.uk
http://www.facebook.com/cpc.co.uk
https://twitter.com/cpc_tweet

User avatar
Mortimer
Posts: 926
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:57 pm

Re: CPC are here to answer questions :)

Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:56 am

CPC.co.uk wrote:We've taken a cursory glance at some of the Pis we got in stock and they seem to be fine, but to be on the safe side we've pulled a few out and sent them to the workshop for testing - If we find anything seriously wrong we'll shout up :)
Now that is service! But how is this dedication paid for, if you don't mind me asking? It sounds as if you have a dedicated Raspberry Pi team, but I wouldn't have thought the margins on the selling of them would be enough. Maybe I'm mistaken, or is CPC using this like a marketing opportunity and funding the support? In any event, I would say it looks like it paying off, as you seem to be developing a good relationship with customers and potential customers.
--------------
The purpose of a little toe is to ensure you keep your furniture in the right place.

User avatar
CPC.co.uk
Posts: 121
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:34 am
Location: Preston
Contact: Website

Re: CPC are here to answer questions :)

Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:37 am

Mortimer wrote:Now that is service! But how is this dedication paid for, if you don't mind me asking? It sounds as if you have a dedicated Raspberry Pi team, but I wouldn't have thought the margins on the selling of them would be enough. Maybe I'm mistaken, or is CPC using this like a marketing opportunity and funding the support? In any event, I would say it looks like it paying off, as you seem to be developing a good relationship with customers and potential customers.
Hi Mortimer - Thanks for the kind words :)

Without meaning to make this sound like some "spiel", we like to make sure all our customers are looked after, not just the Raspberry Pi ones, have a look on our Facebook page (Linky), we help everyone out :)

And no, unfortunately, not a team - Just one bloke with a beard running round the building chasing people till they help out :lol:
http://www.cpc.co.uk
http://www.facebook.com/cpc.co.uk
https://twitter.com/cpc_tweet

plugwash
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Posts: 3665
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:45 pm

Re: CPC are here to answer questions :)

Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:50 pm

CPC.co.uk wrote:Just had word that we're going to be getting them in a bit early, we've got a delivery due in tomorrow (14th) which will cover *most* back orders, but the really great news is that we'll have another delivery in on Friday as well which should allow us to complete the back orders and retain some stock!
Any news on this? did it arrive and then immediately sell out or has it not arrived yet?

ArferMo
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:41 pm

Re: CPC are here to answer questions :)

Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:26 pm

Mine arrived Friday morning, took less than 5 minutes to unpack assemble and fire it up on the 50" plasma.

Thanks CPC

User avatar
CPC.co.uk
Posts: 121
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:34 am
Location: Preston
Contact: Website

Re: CPC are here to answer questions :)

Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:43 am

plugwash wrote:Any news on this? did it arrive and then immediately sell out or has it not arrived yet?
Seems as though it didn't arrive on Friday, not sure what happened there... However it's due to land today by all accounts, we'll be keeping an eye on this today to make sure all is good!
ArferMo wrote:Mine arrived Friday morning, took less than 5 minutes to unpack assemble and fire it up on the 50" plasma.

Thanks CPC
Excellent! - Enjoy! :D
http://www.cpc.co.uk
http://www.facebook.com/cpc.co.uk
https://twitter.com/cpc_tweet

User avatar
CPC.co.uk
Posts: 121
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:34 am
Location: Preston
Contact: Website

Re: CPC are here to answer questions :)

Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:50 pm

OK .. So...

Good news: Big Raspberry Pi delivery today. :D

Bad news: All spoken for with back orders. :o :(

Good news: More due in tomorrow. :D

It's ridiculous how quickly this thing moves through the building, we keep waiting for a "Meep Meep" followed by a frazzled Wile E. Coyote...
http://www.cpc.co.uk
http://www.facebook.com/cpc.co.uk
https://twitter.com/cpc_tweet

User avatar
CPC.co.uk
Posts: 121
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:34 am
Location: Preston
Contact: Website

Re: CPC are here to answer questions :)

Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:07 pm

Ooooooooooh. We were wrong - Some Pis did hit stock! > http://bit.ly/UQknQ6 <

Not so many though, but we do still have that delivery coming tomorrow! :)
http://www.cpc.co.uk
http://www.facebook.com/cpc.co.uk
https://twitter.com/cpc_tweet

User avatar
CPC.co.uk
Posts: 121
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:34 am
Location: Preston
Contact: Website

Re: CPC are here to answer questions :)

Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:24 pm

Annnnnnnnnnnnd yeah. Out of stock. Again.

More news on deliveries as we get it :)
http://www.cpc.co.uk
http://www.facebook.com/cpc.co.uk
https://twitter.com/cpc_tweet

User avatar
ukscone
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Posts: 4253
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:51 pm
Contact: Website

Re: CPC are here to answer questions :)

Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:05 pm

CPC.co.uk wrote:Ooooooooooh. We were wrong - Some Pis did hit stock! > http://bit.ly/UQknQ6 <

Not so many though, but we do still have that delivery coming tomorrow! :)
CPC.co.uk wrote:Annnnnnnnnnnnd yeah. Out of stock. Again.

More news on deliveries as we get it :)
You should setup a raspi with a webcam & build "in-stock" cam
it'd save an awful lot of typing and we'd also be able to see your warehouse elves moving at the speed of light :)

User avatar
CPC.co.uk
Posts: 121
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:34 am
Location: Preston
Contact: Website

Re: CPC are here to answer questions :)

Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:09 pm

ukscone wrote:You should setup a raspi with a webcam & build "in-stock" cam
it'd save an awful lot of typing and we'd also be able to see your warehouse elves moving at the speed of light :)
:lol: - Not a bad idea at all - :lol:
http://www.cpc.co.uk
http://www.facebook.com/cpc.co.uk
https://twitter.com/cpc_tweet

User avatar
CPC.co.uk
Posts: 121
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:34 am
Location: Preston
Contact: Website

Re: CPC are here to answer questions :)

Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:58 pm

And. Yup. A camera would have saved me the time of coming back here to say "Back in stock".

Still more due tomorrow, the cupboards will be over flowing! .. Well, if we could keep them in the building long enough :lol:

> http://bit.ly/SbZ4nx < Linky :)
http://www.cpc.co.uk
http://www.facebook.com/cpc.co.uk
https://twitter.com/cpc_tweet

plugwash
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Posts: 3665
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:45 pm

Re: CPC are here to answer questions :)

Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:22 pm

CPC.co.uk wrote: http://bit.ly/SbZ4nx < Linky :)
This isn't twitter you know.

User avatar
CPC.co.uk
Posts: 121
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:34 am
Location: Preston
Contact: Website

Re: CPC are here to answer questions :)

Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:19 pm

plugwash wrote:
CPC.co.uk wrote: http://bit.ly/SbZ4nx < Linky :)
This isn't twitter you know.
Bah, grabbed the wrong link - Apologies :oops:
http://www.cpc.co.uk
http://www.facebook.com/cpc.co.uk
https://twitter.com/cpc_tweet

Return to “General discussion”